i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   Craigslist ripoff (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/craigslist-ripoff-187465/)

slow04wrx 07-03-2008 01:00 PM

Craigslist ripoff

[url]http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/car/741563355.html[/url]

Dude kbb is 6 grand, and the economy is in the dumpster+especially used car sales.......

looking for a used subie, disappointed to see this.

I'll buy this for 9 grand and the dude can take my more than legit 06 sti monster for 50 grand.

VRT Gump 07-03-2008 01:04 PM

find one of those in good condition near 6K

Onizuka 07-03-2008 01:23 PM

It's because you have to pay for the Initial D tax.

slow04wrx 07-03-2008 01:25 PM

[QUOTE=Onizuka;2247566]It's because you have to pay for the Initial D tax.[/QUOTE]

LOL. I could buy a wrx for 2k less with 30k less miles on it!

The guy is dreaming, sorry but its a 2.5 rs, it has 165 hp. KBB factors in what they all sell for, and is already a rip off. It's not a ferrari this is a total joke, a 1999 cheapo econobox, asking a 50% increase over kelly blue book, when people can't even give away used cars.

LOL

Don't perpetuate the stupidness guys

I put myself in his shoes and all that comes to mind is a song;

ohhhhhhhhh cause I've got HIGHHHHHHHHHHHH HOPES!!!!!!!! YES HIGH HOPES!!!!!!!

bluwrxwgn 07-03-2008 01:44 PM

That's a good price for a good quality RS. Stop being a whiny *****!!! :der:

slow04wrx 07-03-2008 01:49 PM

[QUOTE=bluwrxwgn;2247584]That's a good price for a good quality RS. Stop being a whiny *****!!! :der:[/QUOTE]

only a tool would think that. Look at how much its worth..........

SO because subaru is a modern day muscle car, even one of their models, that well isn't that at all a muscle car is worth 50% over its kbb.............

if it was a sti swap or something, then you respect it for what it is......

don't be stupid, im not going to say it again.

Well my sti is a **** of a lot sicker than that car, and it only has 6k on it+a good 10 grand into it. Kbb is 28.8, there are no more of these sti's especially with that low of miles, and now the body has changed for the worse.....

So i'm going to put my car up for 43 (if it was stock)+10k of parts=53k

you see the problem here fanboiiiizzzzzzz

bluwrxwgn 07-03-2008 01:56 PM

[QUOTE=slow04wrx;2247590]only a tool would think that. Look at how much its worth..........

SO because subaru is a modern day muscle car, even one of their models, that well isn't that at all a muscle car is worth 50% over its kbb.............

if it was a sti swap or something, then you respect it for what it is......

don't be stupid, im not going to say it again.

Well my sti is a **** of a lot sicker than that car, and it only has 6k on it+a good 10 grand into it. Kbb is 28.8, there are no more of these sti's especially with that low of miles, and now the body has changed for the worse.....

So i'm going to put my car up for 43 (if it was stock)+10k of parts=53k

you see the problem here fanboiiiizzzzzzz[/QUOTE]

I see that you are a complete tool. That's about it. What else are you gonna get for less than $10,000 cause lets face it, the guy would probably take $9000 or even $8500, that has AWD and looks good? Nothing!!! Yea, you go out and find a WRX for $12,000-15,000 and pay for the premium gas and not as good gas mileage.

This is called America, people can charge whatever they want for their car. You want to charge that much for your STi, go for it. You sit back and watch it sit and not sell cause nobody is crackhead enough to pay that much for a USED and probably abused STi when they can buy a new one or even unmolested one for cheaper. Sorry to tell you.

Nick Koan 07-03-2008 02:03 PM

KBB doesn't determine price of cars. Its just a guide book. Its called a 'free market' for a reason.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Either someone else will, or they'll lower the price. Its as simple as that.

slow04wrx 07-03-2008 02:03 PM

[QUOTE=bluwrxwgn;2247599]I see that you are a complete tool. That's about it. What else are you gonna get for less than $10,000 cause lets face it, the guy would probably take $9000 or even $8500, that has AWD and looks good? Nothing!!! Yea, you go out and find a WRX for $12,000-15,000 and pay for the premium gas and not as good gas mileage.

This is called America, people can charge whatever they want for their car. You want to charge that much for your STi, go for it. You sit back and watch it sit and not sell cause nobody is crackhead enough to pay that much for a USED and probably abused STi when they can buy a new one or even unmolested one for cheaper. Sorry to tell you.[/QUOTE]

Probably abused, eh ok.....yea all those abused sti's with 6k miles that look brand new..........please don't tarnish my cars name when you have no clue about it, you drive an automatic 2 liter. Have you ever even driven an sti?

Actually wrx's can be had much cheaper, hence the one of 8 grand on craigslist, hence the one a guy I know sold 2 weeks ago for 8 grand......

you are a pudddddd

people can charge whatever they want, and I can show people how ****ing dumb they are if I want, gotta love America.

So its worth money because its a subaru performance car, and worth more than a wrx that is newer, has side airbags, and is worth more money according to ever other source.................because it gets good mileage....

stop making excuses......

GET THIS perf. car because it gets good mpg, lol, enthusiasts will love that.

Mr. Wiggles 07-03-2008 02:04 PM

[QUOTE=slow04wrx;2247543][url]http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/car/741563355.html[/url]

Dude kbb is 6 grand, and the economy is in the dumpster+especially used car sales.......

looking for a used subie, disappointed to see this.

I'll buy this for 9 grand and the dude can take my more than legit 06 sti monster for 50 grand.[/QUOTE]

:der: :der: :der: :der:

bluwrxwgn 07-03-2008 02:07 PM

[QUOTE=slow04wrx;2247610]Probably abused, eh ok.....yea all those abused sti's with 6k miles that look brand new..........

Actually wrx's can be had much cheaper, hence the one of 8 grand on craigslist, hence the one a guy I know sold 2 weeks ago for 8 grand......

you are a pudddddd

people can charge whatever they want, and I can show people how ****ing dumb they are if I want, gotta love America.[/QUOTE]

And yet on KBB, the Suggested Retail Price for that car is $8500. How funny! Those cars will always hold a higher value than WRX's cause WRX's are a dime a dozen. The market is flooded with them so their value goes down. All you've proven to me is how dumb you are. That's about it. And you did a really good job at it!!!!

SubieFoo 07-03-2008 02:07 PM

..... hahah, ill jus race him for pinks in my salvaged RS! then I can get another gc8 and everybody's respect... never mind ive been watchin too much fast n furious

bluwrxwgn 07-03-2008 02:10 PM

[QUOTE=slow04wrx;2247610]

So its worth money because its a subaru performance car, and worth more than a wrx that is newer, has side airbags, and is worth more money according to ever other source.................because it gets good mileage....

stop making excuses......

GET THIS perf. car because it gets good mpg, lol, enthusiasts will love that.[/QUOTE]

Stop making excuses for why he's over charging. Now if the guy was trying to get $15,000 for it. I'd say it's a rip off. Apparently you failed Economics. Price it high and see if you get it, then when/if you don't you take the best offer that comes.

slow04wrx 07-03-2008 02:11 PM

[QUOTE=bluwrxwgn;2247614]And yet on KBB, the Suggested Retail Price for that car is $8500. How funny! Those cars will always hold a higher value than WRX's cause WRX's are a dime a dozen. The market is flooded with them so their value goes down. All you've proven to me is how dumb you are. That's about it. And you did a really good job at it!!!![/QUOTE]

LOL, you don't even understand anything about used cars obviously. RETAIL VALUE IS FROM A DEALER.

EVEN DEALERSHIPS DO NOT TRY AND USE THIS FIGURE, they use private party because its well know its a joke and a way to rip people off......PLUS THE GUY IS A PRIVATE PARTY......DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Just by quoting the retail value, shows you obviously know zero about buying used cars......

Go ask Alchemy or anyone else who has a clue.

I hope you didn't use those figures when buying your car?

I'm guessing you know this person or really just that lame?

Econ? apparently you missed business buddy. When the economy is completely ****ed, (maybe you don't have to live on your own and don't realize the reality of this), cars that are almost 10 years old and imports with over 100k, don't go for +50 percent of kbb. And anyone who sets their price higher than 50 percent of whats its worth is going to turn away customers.

if this was a low mileage supra you wouldn't even agree with this, and it would be reflected in KBB price.

nachomc 07-03-2008 02:22 PM

[QUOTE=Nick Koan;2247609]KBB doesn't determine price of cars. Its just a guide book. Its called a 'free market' for a reason.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Either someone else will, or they'll lower the price. Its as simple as that.[/QUOTE]

Basic market principles are hard :( :(