Old 03-22-2012, 09:25 AM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
Brz

There is one here now. Not sure for how long, but it's here
Old 03-22-2012, 09:28 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
If it is still there this evening, I may drop by.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:51 AM

Car Info: 05 OBP LGT LTD. Sedan
Sweet! Is it for show or for sale? :-)
Old 03-22-2012, 09:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Go test drive it and give us the run down.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:08 AM

Car Info: Hybwid Bugeye on corn juice :)
I'm stopping by.. after my morning class I hope its still there by then.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Pics or shens! :P

-Brian
Old 03-22-2012, 10:21 AM

Car Info: "Shadow"
How much are they? Is that particular model the premium or limited? Also, is it manual or automatic? Imho they look very nice fixed up (modded), but stock bleh!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:30 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Question

Originally Posted by STiWRX06
Imho they look very nice fixed up (modded), but stock bleh!
How many modded ones have you seen thus far???

-Brian
Old 03-22-2012, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
How many modded ones have you seen thus far???

-Brian
Just the ones (mainly Japanese) all posted on Youtube, all cosmetic of course! They look very good lowered on bigger & nicer rims/wheels, body kits, & larger wings. They need to be racy imho, it's supposed to be a sport car after all! Stock they're way too bland, there's too much wheel gap, & the rims are ugly. It's just begging to be modded from the factory.

Last edited by STiWRX06; 03-22-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:43 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Just the ones (mainly Japanese) all posted on Youtube, all cosmetic of course! They look very good lowered on bigger & nicer rims/wheels, body kits, & larger wings. They need to be racy imho, it's supposed to be a sport car after all! Stock they're way too bland, there's too much wheel gap, & the rims are ugly. It's just begging to be modded from the factory.
They have to do that or the STI won't be so impressive!
Old 03-22-2012, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
They have to do that or the STI won't be so impressive!
I thought Subaru said that they weren't going to build a BRZ STI (the one they showed was only a concept to excite everyone & stir public interest) cuz it would essentially be priced out of their target range for such a vehicle. It's supposed to be an affordable sports car for the masses (low priced) & a STI model would be too expensive, why would you buy one if it costs too close to a WRX. It's supposed to be slotted in the middle of their lineup, i think the current two models (premium & limited) are all that will be released. It def won't be AWD or turbo anytime soon, it goes against the BRZ's philosophy, a lightweight, NA, RWD, high reving, pure handling (not outright power), cheap, sport coupe. The boxer engine placement says it all, any changes would upset the car's balance. They should just keep the STI name for the next one due out in 2014, no more trim lines, keep it simple. STI should be their flagship car, not factory souped up vehicles, it's made for rally, not to spiff up Legacys or Imprezas or Foresters. Just my .02, that's all...
Old 03-22-2012, 11:22 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I thought Subaru said that they weren't going to build a BRZ STI (the one they showed was only a concept to excite everyone & stir public interest) cuz it would essentially be priced out of their target range for such a vehicle. It's supposed to be an affordable sports car for the masses (low priced) & a STI model would be too expensive, why would you buy one if it costs too close to a WRX. It's supposed to be slotted in the middle of their lineup, i think the current two models (premium & limited) are all that will be released. It def won't be AWD or turbo anytime soon, it goes against the BRZ's philosophy, a lightweight, NA, RWD, high reving, pure handling (not outright power), cheap, sport coupe. The boxer engine placement says it all, any changes would upset the car's balance. They should just keep the STI name for the next one due out in 2014, no more trim lines, keep it simple. STI should be their flagship car, not factory souped up vehicles, it's made for rally, not to spiff up Legacys or Imprezas or Foresters. Just my .02, that's all...

I disagree... BUT what you're saying is what they're doing and where they're heading.

I think have STI be the top line per line is just fine by me. I think the U.S. gets screwed out of cars because of this type of thinking... we don't get the Forester STI, STI wagon, etc. We're lucky to get XT's.

So an STI version of the BRZ could maintain the NA stature and just come with a fleet of STI/SPT parts and an upgraded interior and possible a slightly higher HP tune (more compression).

We all figured out pretty quick that AWD turbo BRZ was a pipe dream as is the turbo RWD version... but I do think that is a possibility IF these sell well.

And it's a WAY different car than the WRX and what the WRX is becoming so I don't think it would effect sales all that much if it was prices closely. An RWD 2 door compared to an AWD 4 door. Different platforms.

That's like saying you shouldn't make an M3 because it might take sales away from the M5.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:23 AM

Car Info: 2008 subaru impreza 2.5i
STI should be their flagship car, not factory souped up vehicles, it's made for rally, not to spiff up Legacys or Imprezas or Foresters. Just my .02, that's all...
Isn't an STI a souped up Impreza?
Old 03-22-2012, 11:27 AM

Car Info: 07 STI Built/Widebody/E85/Rotated GTX3576 13 Fozz
Originally Posted by ccalsubi
Not anymore. As of 2012 the Impreza line and WRX/STI line have seperated and are now different cars/platforms.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:32 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by Unit 91
There is one here now. Not sure for how long, but it's here
Hopefully it's still there until at least 3:30 so I can check it out after work.

Thank you for the heads up!

STI should be their flagship car, not factory souped up vehicles, it's made for rally, not to spiff up Legacys or Imprezas or Foresters. Just my .02, that's all...
Originally Posted by ccalsubi
I don't think so... I have always figured the STi to be a watered down rally car. I have viewed the Subaru trim lines as being watered down versions of the rally car. Not a souped up econobox like others are doing.

Quick Reply: Brz