Boston Marathon bombed...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 06:05 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
How much policing can you do at such events though? I know when I went to watch a Niners game, I saw bags and stuff everywhere. Do I call each one of those in or go check them myself? If it turns out the bombs were placed inside the trashcans or mailboxes like they have suspected, then what?
I don't know. It's a hope. I guess any country runs across terroristic acts. Just kinda sad we have to live with it with all the tehnology and psychologists we have. Yea I know there are tons of folks everywhere and there aren't enough doctors. And I would hate for our privacy to be violated.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:51 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by brucelee
Is the girl in photo 52 dead? With the blue shirt... Looks like the EMT is checking for a pulse, doesn't look good.

PS: Damn that guy who got his legs blown off in photo 38... Holy ****! Absolutely in shock... So ****ing scary to see that.
I think she lost her leg and her brother was killed.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:44 AM
Want to steal my car?
I get stabby!

Car Info: 05 Wrx Impreza
Double edged sword. I think the best time to run a drill and have bomb sniffing dogs would be the day of the event.

Honestly what does the government gain from this? Ban bombs? Ban marathons? I dont get it.

Its very possible they might have had a little bit of intel on a suspected bomb but that is a possibility at any big event these days. Cant really jump to conclusions if you see bomb sniffing dogs at an event. Its the norm now.

What do they have to gain? You kinda answered your own question without realising it "if you see bomb sniffing dogs at an event. It's the norm now." This is what they want...I'm just waiting to see where the government goes with this. Imagine body scanners on the sidewalks, TSA on street corners and random frisk searches. Keep in mind no event would be needed I'm talking everyday life. It's all about controlling the American people. Those who are awake were not as shocked about what happened yesterday, myself included. I felt sad for the victims but it was like oh...here we go again. It's sad that the media is jizzin all over this comparing it to 9-11. The only resemblance is that is has false flag written all over it.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:29 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Manny408
What do they have to gain? You kinda answered your own question without realising it "if you see bomb sniffing dogs at an event. It's the norm now." This is what they want...I'm just waiting to see where the government goes with this. Imagine body scanners on the sidewalks, TSA on street corners and random frisk searches. Keep in mind no event would be needed I'm talking everyday life. It's all about controlling the American people. Those who are awake were not as shocked about what happened yesterday, myself included. I felt sad for the victims but it was like oh...here we go again. It's sad that the media is jizzin all over this comparing it to 9-11. The only resemblance is that is has false flag written all over it.
None of that will stop anything.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:31 AM
Dirty Purple Ukrainian

Car Info: SUBARU BROOM
So I just heard that the bomb was made out of a pressure cooker...
Old 04-16-2013, 09:39 AM
General Pimpin'

What's on my mind is ordinary people doing special things. I read a story about a man who lost one son to a sniper in iraq and another to suicide.

This dude jumped a fence in the middle of explosions in boston and stayed on to save people lives. He wasn't there working. He was there with his wife watching. No thought, no hesitation.

Carlos Arredondo. Much respect to you. I would hope I could do the same in that situation.

"I am still very shaken," said Carlos, who is Red Cross trained and stayed on to help. "I am covered with blood and still at the scene where the tragedy happened. I jumped the fence after the first explosions and all I saw was a puddle of blood and people with lost limbs. I saw adults, much younger than myself -- ladies, men, pretty much everyone was knocked out."

Bottom line. We are seeing something terrible unfold in front of us. This kind of thing has been happing across the globe for years. A friend of mine's father's church had grenades tossed in to it about 10 years ago.

We are all held responsible for our actions, good and bad at some point or another.

I have to be honest, seeing little kids get hurt and people's lives altered forever gets me deep inside. It makes me angry. It makes me sad.

But I am going to refuse to feel any fear in my life. I will go to baseball games, parades and religious gatherings with no fear for myself or my family. And I am not going to carry this anger with me. They don't deserve that much from me.

So instead I'm going to focus on people like Carlos, the police that jumped to help and the army personal that ran in to help while the smoke was still in the air. I'm going to focus on the families, the survivors and the lost victims. Send up my prayers for them and if anything like this ever happens around me I hope my family and friends all survive and I hope I can be like Carlos.

And I'm going to come home from work every day and pick up my daughter and say I love you. Kiss my wife. Mess with my dog. And go to sleep every night saying thank you for another day on this planet, in this life, with this family. Good or bad.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:41 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by i<3dirt
So I just heard that the bomb was made out of a pressure cooker...
That's some white people isht right there.

Someone reading online how to make this crap. Not that it matters why but this will probably come out as some tea party anti-tax b.s.

Doesn't really matter. Fanatics are gonna find a reason to justify their B.S. no matter how terrible and idiotic it is.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:50 AM
Dirty Purple Ukrainian

Car Info: SUBARU BROOM
It just goes to prove that we can band all weapons and people will still find a way to hurt others.
Since the government started the whole issue with gun control, there has been more and more violence.
How about the government focus more on lowering taxes and keeping jobs in USA.
Just my two cents. At lease we still have hope in humanity with all the people that rushed to help. Prayers over all of them.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:11 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by i<3dirt
It just goes to prove that we can band all weapons and people will still find a way to hurt others.
I've been saying that for a LONG time about guns. Weapons are not the problem, because crazy people will find another way.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:18 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by 04GG
I've been saying that for a LONG time about guns. Weapons are not the problem, because crazy people will find another way.
WORD TO YOUR MOTHER!

I've been saying this all along. Complaining about background checks is silly. If you want a fire arm. Submit to the background check. I get irritated about banning or targeting in on any one fire arm. Do you need an AR15 or .50 cal long rifle as an average american. No. But some folks enjoy going out to the range or out on their 1000 acre ranch to shoot stuff. Why stop them?

A criminal is not going to submit to a background check and they're not going to care if it's illegal. They're going to go to their homie and have their old lady do the background check and get them a gun, or some dude that's in the know and have him get it black market. Bullets. No problem. Buy them online or in bulk from repackers.

These laws are mostly pointless and are for no other purpose than to generate a political need. We "need" these laws and these morons in charge to control the public beast. If they don't make laws and stand in front of cameras and make new taxes and spend all the money then why do they have a job in the first place?

That's the issue. We need to eliminate this odd perception that we need politicians to tell us what to do and that they for some reason are their own separate entity. They are public SERVANTS. We pay them. They work for us.

It's not the other way around. I don't live in the Sudan and I don't work so a tyrant can live fat off of me. I work so my daughter can go to college or have a friggin leap pad if she wants one. I work so I can have a beer with my dinner.

our society is so backwards that we're just being trampled over and then we get up and say thank you. Here's another 6% of my paycheck so you can have an 11% raise during the biggest economic down turn in 90 years.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:32 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Damn

8-year-old marathon victim
Old 04-16-2013, 10:36 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by 04GG
In that thread with the gnarly pictures. I'm pretty sure that's his sister and his mother right there... and I think he's the one with the EMT on top of him.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:55 AM

Looks like it could be this lady who they just announced as another victim.. As they now seem to have replaced the picture, on that gory website. **** is ****ed up, bunch of runners jesus.

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enha...66059494-9.jpg (photo checking her pulse)

Just a guess, hopefully I'm wrong and the person in the photo survived.

CATCH these ****s pronto.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:05 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by Manny408
I love to put on the tin foil hat in the proper situation but this event is far from a false flag.

If the government tries to prevent stuff like this = people are upset about their rights being infringed.

If the government doesnt do anything = people are upset about lack of policing leading to these events.

Kinda sucks to be the government at this point, doesnt it?
Old 04-16-2013, 12:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
Kinda sucks to be the government at this point, doesnt it?
Yup damned if you do, damned if you don't!

That's always been the catch all with terrorism or mindless acts of terror, there's really no solution to combat it.

Quick Reply: Boston Marathon bombed...