"This is not a pipe."
Old 03-23-2011, 04:45 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
You can think about pain two ways.

A) It is messages from your nerves
B) It is the interpretation and recognition of those messages

I chose option B, because if you don't feel the pain, there is no pain. Weed may make you "forget" about the pain by taking your mind off of the recognition of those messages, so isn't that getting rid of the pain?

I feel the same way about the "placebo effect." I don't care if it is "real" medicine or a placebo. If the depression/pain/whatever is gone, it is gone. There is no "it isn't really gone" option. Gone is gone. Now, if there is a medical problem CAUSING the pain and all you do is something to ignore the pain without dealing with the underlying issue, then that is irresponsible.
"Want me ta show ya a lil' trick to help take yo mind of dat pain?"
Old 03-23-2011, 05:27 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Man, I am late to this party!

Seriously though... how many different personalities does BL have?
Old 03-23-2011, 05:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Yikes! You should get it checked out then! Without it your responses may make you sound like a pompous jackass.
Ya know, I might just be a pompous jackass, but at least I have the class to not go out of my way to needle certain long-time forum members and call people silly names on the internet over differences in opinion, because that's oh-so-kewl! I've got more enjoyable things to do on i-Club.

Oh hey, was that sarcastic or not? Who knows?

Originally Posted by slugrx
I know this is continuting the offtopic, but I've got a messed up/deformed spine, get back spasms after working out, and sometimes have trouble falling asleep becuase I can't get comfortable... and short of surgery, its either pills or herb, and I hate taking pills (ibu or aceto etc) so I use herb medically, usually only if I can't sleep or in a lot of pain...definitely not abusing the substance...

Back on topic - paul at dbtuned doesgreat work on motors and has a great turnaround time, highly recommend going there
Now that I can understand and respect. A medical marijuana card for a legitimate disability is more than reasonable, but I am just sick of hearing kids repeatedly bragging to me about paying some quack $200 for an ADD diagnosis and medical marijuana prescription (not saying that's you, of course, and I hope that you can see where I'm coming from as a legitimate medical marijuana user).
Old 03-23-2011, 05:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
Ya know, I might just be a pompous jackass, but at least I have the class to not go out of my way to needle certain long-time forum members and call people silly names on the internet over differences in opinion, because that's oh-so-kewl! I've got more enjoyable things to do on i-Club.

Oh hey, was that sarcastic or not? Who knows?
Long term ≠ Well respected. It is the well respected ones that get the, well, respect! But really, is that your claim to fame? You've been on i-club for a while? Now that is oh-so-kewl! When is the turning point where being a pompous jackass (not that you are one Sir) becomes acceptable behavior? If you really want to just drop everything at "differences in opinion," keep your fingers still when it comes to weed. Everyone knows your opinion, they just don't care what you have to say about it, just like no one is going to be able to change your mind about it.

Don't forget though, you brought yourself down to my "classless" level by responding. Besides, I have diabetes, needling is what I do

Ugh, here we go again. You see this, wombatsauce, you see this?!
But yeah, about needling long term members....

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 03-23-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:59 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
I know this is continuting the offtopic, but I've got a messed up/deformed spine, get back spasms after working out, and sometimes have trouble falling asleep becuase I can't get comfortable... and short of surgery, its either pills or herb, and I hate taking pills (ibu or aceto etc) so I use herb medically, usually only if I can't sleep or in a lot of pain...definitely not abusing the substance...

Back on topic - paul at dbtuned doesgreat work on motors and has a great turnaround time, highly recommend going there
Thanks for the plug!

BTW, next time you're up this way, I'll have some brownies for you.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:03 PM
VIP Member

Long term ≠ Well respected. It is the well respected ones that get the, well, respect! But really, is that your claim to fame? You've been on i-club for a while? Now that is oh-so-kewl! When is the turning point where being a pompous jackass (not that you are one Sir) becomes acceptable behavior?
So who IS well-respected in this little slice of the internet? It's subjective, isn't it? And for that matter, what does it matter that a person is/isn't respected on an internet forum? It's all very petty. I don't consider being here for a long time a claim to fame or being worthy of respect; all it means is that I've seen the overall culture of the boards change for the worse as time passes, and it's disappointing because it adversely affects enjoyment of these forums.

For example, for all the people that like to bag on brucelee, I for one respect him for the way he looked out for me to his own detriment back at Mt. Hammy '04, but lots of people wouldn't know about it because 1.) they weren't around in '04, 2.) they've never met Daniel in person, or 3.) they've seen him in person but didn't bother introducing themselves and actually talking to him. Without these experiences, a certain part of BAIC culture and history is lost upon these folks, perhaps in exchange for some entertainment value I suppose.

All the long-time members have seen the way this forum's been going downhill, hell I'm sure that even you've been around long enough to see it. Different people react differently to these negative changes: some quit the forums, some start fighting fire with fire (i.e. screwing around and parroting the riff-raff), some take a "good ol' days" attitude, some pontificate aloud regarding these changes, and so on.

There's no hard and fast rule about when one can or can't be a "pompous jackass", American society just doesn't work that way and you know it. I guess with the boards as big as they are now, the chances of any two given members meeting each other face-to-face is exponentially lower than it was even just five years ago, let alone a full decade ago. And I guess that's why people so readily post irrelevant drivel or e-thug each other here these days. On top of that, who's to say who's a pompous jackass? The standard is once again subjective. I'm told that I sound like one but that I am not one; what is there that I can say about that?
Old 03-23-2011, 06:04 PM
VIP Member

But yeah, about needling long term members....
It's an inside joke between the two of us that I do believe has been lost upon you. Besides, when I have I ever granted creative titles like "pompous jackass" to him?
Old 03-23-2011, 06:19 PM
VIP Member

There's no hard and fast rule about when one can or can't be a "pompous jackass", American society just doesn't work that way and you know it. I guess with the boards as big as they are now, the chances of any two given members meeting each other face-to-face is exponentially lower than it was even just five years ago, let alone a full decade ago. And I guess that's why people so readily post irrelevant drivel or e-thug each other here these days. On top of that, who's to say who's a pompous jackass? The standard is once again subjective. I'm told that I sound like one but that I am not one; what is there that I can say about that?
I thought the "this is sarcasm" comments were, well, sarcastic, but I guess they were needed.

Anyways, on a serious note, here is my theory on the clashing, and why it happens.

When i-club first started (at the split) it was a group of like-minded individuals. Due to the small population, the people it attracted shared the same views. As the population grows however, the differences in opinions grow exponentially. Eventually you get to where we are today.

Here we have a very large population of individuals. Some of us share similar opinions, others don't. Some people differ on small subjects, some on larger ones. In the big picture what we have is many many many people united by one POINTLESS trait; we all have Subarus (in theory). We have nothing else really in common, it is the Subarus that brought us together. Then we're expected to act like because of this common trait we're all going to get along? Put 1,000 monkeys in a room and eventually they'll write Shakespeare, but you're also going to have blood and **** all over the walls.

Nope. You have people like you and I. You can't stand that I call people out on their BS. I can't stand what a pompous jackass you sound like. In person, if we ever even met, there might be one sentence exchanged but then we'd both go "**** this guy, he's a dumbass." Yet because of the damn Subarus we both keep coming back to the same place.

It'll happen over and over again. It doesn't matter how often the community splits, eventually the differences in opinion are going to grow and grow to a boiling point.

Community isn't even the right word for what i-club is.

As for BL. I met him before I moved up here, at a BAM. Didn't have any other interaction with him until I did move up here though. We hung out a few times at a few different gatherings. I see a completely different person in person vs. online, and those kinds of people just aren't stable. Knowing the attention-whoring he does online isn't the same as the BL in real life makes them even more a pile of BS. For he and I though, we both have come to a mature parting of ways and keep the "needling" in private (no homo), and I do respect him for that.

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 03-23-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:03 PM

Car Info: 2005 forester
daniel you better build the motor ..... how are you going to feel when your evo gets smoked by my forester? I wont race another subaru but evo's are fair game!
Old 03-23-2011, 07:30 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
oh and choku - avatar looks to be jailbait but one sometimes can not tell...i met a girl in japan who looked 14 but was in her 30s haha
Old 03-23-2011, 07:40 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
This thread blows
Old 03-23-2011, 07:59 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by soggynoodles
This thread blows
ba-dum. psh.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:11 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Blowing engines>blowing trannies.
Or so I've read.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:54 PM
VIP Member

I thought the "this is sarcasm" comments were, well, sarcastic, but I guess they were needed.

Anyways, on a serious note, here is my theory on the clashing, and why it happens.

When i-club first started (at the split) it was a group of like-minded individuals. Due to the small population, the people it attracted shared the same views. As the population grows however, the differences in opinions grow exponentially. Eventually you get to where we are today.

Here we have a very large population of individuals. Some of us share similar opinions, others don't. Some people differ on small subjects, some on larger ones. In the big picture what we have is many many many people united by one POINTLESS trait; we all have Subarus (in theory). We have nothing else really in common, it is the Subarus that brought us together. Then we're expected to act like because of this common trait we're all going to get along? Put 1,000 monkeys in a room and eventually they'll write Shakespeare, but you're also going to have blood and **** all over the walls.

Nope. You have people like you and I. You can't stand that I call people out on their BS. I can't stand what a pompous jackass you sound like. In person, if we ever even met, there might be one sentence exchanged but then we'd both go "**** this guy, he's a dumbass." Yet because of the damn Subarus we both keep coming back to the same place.

It'll happen over and over again. It doesn't matter how often the community splits, eventually the differences in opinion are going to grow and grow to a boiling point.

Community isn't even the right word for what i-club is.

As for BL. I met him before I moved up here, at a BAM. Didn't have any other interaction with him until I did move up here though. We hung out a few times at a few different gatherings. I see a completely different person in person vs. online, and those kinds of people just aren't stable. Knowing the attention-whoring he does online isn't the same as the BL in real life makes them even more a pile of BS. For he and I though, we both have come to a mature parting of ways and keep the "needling" in private (no homo), and I do respect him for that.
For once, something we agree upon!

oh and choku - avatar looks to be jailbait but one sometimes can not tell...i met a girl in japan who looked 14 but was in her 30s haha

Quick Reply: Blown motor for the WIN!