Big shooting in Colorado at the Dark Knight Rises release!!! :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 11:28 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by 04GG
This guy PLANNED for MONTHS. That's not insane, that's premeditation. Whether deemed insane or not, it doesn't change what this guy, or any other nut like him, have done.
Exactly. The insanity pleas pisses me off. You're a mass murder... you're probably a little ****ed up.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:38 AM
General Pimpin'

This is some bull****...

dude get shot in the face and looses an eye, possibly his life or some mental function... wife has to deliver their child while he's fighting for his life. If he lives he missed out on the best moment of his life.

Because some **** head decided to shoot a room full of people. Now they're looking at $2 million in medical bills (Probably 2-3x's that by the time it's done).

**** this guy and his legal costs. Someone needs to put $2.50 in his head.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:07 PM

Car Info: 2012 WRB WRX
for some reason i wouldnt be suprised if hes dead in 2 years
Old 07-24-2012, 02:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
in local news

Christian Bale in town visiting victims of shooting - The Denver Post
Old 07-25-2012, 03:30 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
OK, so now people are suing the THEATER over the incident???? WTF does the theater have to do with it? It is a PUBLIC PLACE that you PAY to get into. Let me guess, it is the same douche who left his kids and girlfriend and ran out....

On the GOOD side, there's this:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...150918602.html

The doctor explains that Petra's brain has had from birth a small "defect" in it. It is a tiny channel of fluid running through her skull, like a tiny vein through marble, or a small hole in an oak board, winding from front to rear. Only a CAT scan would catch it, and Petra would have never noticed it.

But in Petra's case, the shotgun buck shot, maybe even the size used for deer hunting, enters her brain from the exact point of this defect. Like a marble through a small tube, the defect channels the bullet from Petra's nose through her brain. It turns slightly several times, and comes to rest at the rear of her brain. And in the process, the bullet misses all the vital areas of the brain. In many ways, it almost misses the brain itself. Like a giant BB though a straw created in Petra's brain before she was born, it follows the route of the defect. It is channeled in the least harmful way. A millimeter in any direction and the channel is missed. The brain is destroyed. Evil wins a round.
To me that is a big F**K YOU to James Holmes.

Last edited by 04GG; 07-25-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:54 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Sue the theater for what? LoL They dont have a case. Anyone like that could have gone off anywhere else.

Someone can get mad in the Metreon, walk in and blow up the whole thing.

This is more of a mental case issue. It's damn near impossible to prevent or have "screenings" of people who could be a threat. There are tons of people out there who lost jobs/homes/can't find a job/got dumped/divorced/etc.

The difference is he acted on it, whereas most people get over their little depressive state and find something better elsewhere. And if they did somehow think about doing these criminal acts... well that's a case of them doing it... mental or not.

Last edited by iLoqin; 07-25-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:02 PM

It sounds silly to sue them. The door should be a fire emergency exit, not allow people to regain entry.

What gets me is why he choose a movie, one he apparently was a fan of? The maniac who shot all the kids in the youth camp, while insane he was targeting the youth camp of the political party he hated and somehow blamed. But this guy choose to take his anger out on complete randoms. You think he would have targeted an area where somebody/something he hated was, but apparently he liked batman?

is he that upset heath ledger is gone i mean jeez
Old 07-25-2012, 04:44 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
You cant explain crazy behavior sometimes. This is just one of those instances. Think about it, if your motive was to kill/maim as many people as possible, why would you tell cops you booby trapped your house or even turn yourself in. (What purpose does booby trapping do if you fess up to it before its discovered?) Why would you want to sit and rot in jail when you could go out in a hail of bullets?

Sometimes psychotic people are exactly that, psychotic.

Ive read some crazy theories from CTers (tinfoil hat) on other forums. Interesting stuff none the less. Seems like the guy just walked off the deep end in the last 2 years with no real explanation for it.

Zombies, psychos, more UFO sightings. Maybe 2012 is for real?

Last edited by FXTbrah; 07-25-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:21 PM

Car Info: 2012 WRB WRX
I guess he set that trap at his house in case he got killed, as like a final f u to the cops who killed him, but since he made it out alive maybe he decided enuf was enuf, who knows.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Old 07-25-2012, 10:23 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Exactly. The insanity pleas pisses me off. You're a mass murder... you're probably a little ****ed up.
On the other hand, are you arguing that planning to kill a theater full of people over a few months is a sane thing to do? As opposed to just grabbing some guns on the way out the door and doing it on a whim? Both qualify as ****ing looney to me.

I agree that there's no reason to let this guy breath another breathe, but I wouldn't argue anyone capable of that isn't in their right mind.

It's a shame he didn't catch a few rounds to the skull before he was arrested. Now we have to sit through the circus act that will become of his trial.

Last edited by Superglue WRX; 07-25-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:09 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Eh, psycho, but he understood what a gun was, a gas mask, a vest. Then changing weapons when he ran out, and planting explosive bombs in his apartment.... yea that to me doesn't not allow you to plead insanity.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:41 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Eh, psycho, but he understood what a gun was, a gas mask, a vest. Then changing weapons when he ran out, and planting explosive bombs in his apartment.... yea that to me doesn't not allow you to plead insanity.
Insanity could have different meanings I guess... "It depends on what your definition of 'is' is"
Old 07-26-2012, 09:05 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
On the other hand, are you arguing that planning to kill a theater full of people over a few months is a sane thing to do? As opposed to just grabbing some guns on the way out the door and doing it on a whim? Both qualify as ****ing looney to me.

I agree that there's no reason to let this guy breath another breathe, but I wouldn't argue anyone capable of that isn't in their right mind.

It's a shame he didn't catch a few rounds to the skull before he was arrested. Now we have to sit through the circus act that will become of his trial.
Actually, if you read what I said... I said it IS crazy. Everyone that does things of this magnitude is crazy. Pleading insanity should not be an option. The only determination is the knowledge of right and wrong and he knew what he was doing. Crazy, yes. Legally insane, no. Death penalty, yes. Appeals, no.

So basically you just repeated what I said in your own words and said I was wrong?
Old 07-26-2012, 09:06 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by iLoqin
I don't think he was a "psycho" I think maybe he was "crazy."

Quick Reply: Big shooting in Colorado at the Dark Knight Rises release!!! :(