Big shooting in Colorado at the Dark Knight Rises release!!! :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 09:13 AM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
can't.... resist

so, other than that, how'd you like the movie?
Old 07-20-2012, 09:15 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by queeg9k
This is a perfect example of why more people need to be issued concealed carry permits.
Seriously. **** like this doesn't happen if someone stands up and shoots that ****er in the face.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:17 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
If this happened in Texas the whole front row would have shot him
Old 07-20-2012, 09:19 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by mistaanime
yea but then you'll have collateral damage. anyone can have a firearm, but not everyone can shoot straight and with multiple people around it's probably more dangerous.
And what do you call 14 dead and 50 injured?

Getting a CCW isn't easy and never would be. Taking weapons safety courses and tests are mandatory. I have written sitting on my desk.

I do not agree with thousands of people walking around with fire arms but I do agree with trained law abiding citizens being allowed to carry.

Things like this **** me off because the media is gonna jump on this and say.. MORE gun control. He was able to buy those weapons legally.. blah blah blah. But the fact of the matter is he would have gotten them anyways. Extreme gun laws do nothing to slow violence. They only increase it. Numbers are numbers. Criminals are criminals... what stops them from getting weapons... nothing. I have the damned cartel firing off automatic riffles at 10 at night with no police attention and I get them on my door step the first time I even think about shooting a fire arm at my house.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:21 AM
General Pimpin'

This is a damn tragedy and pure and simply an act of terrorism.

This exact thing happened at my friends dad's church in pakistan. 2 guys walked in and tossed grenades in the place and starting shooting people as they ran away from them. Then ran away like ****ing cowards.

Same ****. Same name. I don't care what his last name is... he's a terrorist and should be hung.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:29 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
And what do you call 14 dead and 50 injured?

Getting a CCW isn't easy and never would be. Taking weapons safety courses and tests are mandatory. I have written sitting on my desk.

I do not agree with thousands of people walking around with fire arms but I do agree with trained law abiding citizens being allowed to carry.
Exactly. CCW does NOT mean things like this won't happen or will be stopped by someone. When that senator chick got shot in the face IN ARIZONA, there were plenty of people carrying and nobody shot the guy. Why? Because it was crowded - you don't just start shooting, because others WILL get hit. The guy who took down that idiot was carrying and he tackled the dude instead of shot him and that was the right call.

Things like this **** me off because the media is gonna jump on this and say.. MORE gun control. He was able to buy those weapons legally.. blah blah blah. But the fact of the matter is he would have gotten them anyways. Extreme gun laws do nothing to slow violence. They only increase it. Numbers are numbers. Criminals are criminals... what stops them from getting weapons... nothing.
100% agree. Gun laws don't stop criminals because they are f***ing criminals already! Do these politicians think more laws are going to change that? They get their guns illegally. DUH.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:35 AM
General Pimpin'

Old 07-20-2012, 09:38 AM

Car Info: 07 Wrx Stage 3
movie theaters gonna have airport securities now....
Old 07-20-2012, 09:42 AM

Car Info: 2010 SWP WRX
So it seems this guy was maybe trying to look and act like Bane form Batman? Sounds like he had on some armor and a gas mask?
Old 07-20-2012, 09:43 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Originally Posted by microwave
movie theaters gonna have airport securities now....
And the purpose of that would be what? The guy broke through the emergency exit.

Originally Posted by SilverBlitzkeig
So it seems this guy was maybe trying to look and act like Bane form Batman? Sounds like he had on some armor and a gas mask?
Yes. Gas mask obviously because he threw in tear gas. Body armor and at least 1 rifle and 1 handgun. Note too that it didn't say anything about a standoff with police and he obviously did not kill himself. He surrendered and apparently did not try to run.

Last edited by 04GG; 07-20-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:51 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
He was carrying 4 guns. He walked past some people. One guy said he walked past him and didn't shoot him. Get the **** up and take this ****er out. Once he's past, come up behind him and subdue the ****er.

Some say it was tear gas and some say it was a smoke grenade.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:02 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Some say it was tear gas and some say it was a smoke grenade.
Either way, he had a mask and the rest of them didn't. I just don't get why someone gets to the point that they do something like this.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:05 AM

Car Info: 2012 WRB WRX
Yeah if you see something like that ***n use all that experience you have watching the UFC and choke the ***er out.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:10 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by SubbieMedic
Yeah if you see something like that ***n use all that experience you have watching the UFC and choke the ***er out.
It's actually pretty easy to choke someone out believe it or not. LOL!

But seriously. Gas mask... narrow visible range. Someone should have come up behind this dude but I'm sure it's scary as hell when someone pops smoke and starts shooting everyone. I think my *** woulda been out the door with my family if it was me. Unless he was right up on me. Then I'm taking that ****er down. If I'm gonna die I'm gonna die a gangster.

I just hope this doesn't lead to more of this crap... like the school shootings. One is enough.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:18 AM

yep thats why you should be allowed to carry concealed fixed blades. I just disregard the law in that sense.

Quick Reply: Big shooting in Colorado at the Dark Knight Rises release!!! :(