Big shooting in Colorado at the Dark Knight Rises release!!! :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 10:54 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Fairly sure you can open carry a sword if you want to. I just can not be covered by anything, shirt, jacket, hair.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:14 AM

Car Info: 2011 swp wrx 5dr
UPDATE

Gunman was a PhD student

Aurora, Colo. Batman Shooter James Holmes Was PhD Student - ABC News
Old 07-20-2012, 11:34 AM

Car Info: 03 WRX, 06 Evo IX MR, now 2010 STi
How can parents take a 6 year old to a see a movie like this and at this time! Really sucks to hear children were also victims because irresponsible parents.

Anyways...it really sucks this happened. Despite the growing random acts of gun violence like this, gun supports will also remain triumph.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:36 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Silver Mojo
How can parents take a 6 year old to a see a movie like this and at this time! Really sucks to hear children were also victims because irresponsible parents.

Anyways...it really sucks this happened. Despite the growing random acts of gun violence like this, gun supports will also remain triumph.

That was the first thing I said when I read that article.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:43 AM

Car Info: '14 Odyssey & '13 Prius
i think there was also a 3 month old in the theater as well, wth.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:46 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by Silver Mojo

Come on, it's summer holidays and it's the premier of Batman. People in line were dressed up in costume at some premiers. A 6 year old can sit quiet and enjoy the movie.

I don't understand the 4 month old being there at the midnight showing. Seems like it's bad to have a baby in a super-loud movie at that age
Old 07-20-2012, 12:11 PM

Car Info: Frankenstein 02' PBP STi :P (RIP) 2016 WRX
Not sure if it's true, but also heard that the buy set traps in his house so the PD is sending in robots to search the house...
Old 07-20-2012, 12:42 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by weaver
Not sure if it's true, but also heard that the buy set traps in his house so the PD is sending in robots to search the house...
He told them there were explosives in his home so they had to evacuate the area and carefully search it.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:52 PM

Car Info: 2012 WRB WRX
He probably did it in case they shot him, but seriously I wonder if it was some sort of mental or psychotic break, who knows man. I watch too much criminal minds.

And c'mon, I could talk about my over-seasoned omelette this morning, or 10 bucks for a movie theatre ticket, but seriously? =\
#firstworldproblems

Thought and prayers go out, hopefully those paramedics and doctors saved as many as they could. Most don't realize how much goes into responding to an incident like that... Pure chaos with people everywhere, it's extremely difficult to figure out what's goin on at the time.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:12 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
So was the movie any good?
I heard it was killer!

Too soon?
Old 07-20-2012, 04:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by SubbieMedic
I wonder if it was some sort of mental or psychotic break
I'm pretty sure it was a mental problem. People with normal brains don't do this kind of thing
Old 07-20-2012, 05:57 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by runboyrun
ya but having people asking if the movie was good and if they will get a refund on their first posts in this thread is shallow and insensitive. Yes it may be logical but its for a discussion for a later time and day. Of course Im sure the theater will try to do the best they can to do their share in condoling the victims/survivors through a refund but now isnt the time.
Originally Posted by 1FSTREX
Definitely i agree, hopefully there was sarcasm that didnt translate through or maybe they were trying to lighten the mood. Here-nor-there that is something that should be addressed later on.
The story is tragic and horrible no doubt, but no matter how empathetic and distraught you feel, it won't change what took place. So, some people opt to try and shift the mood with some inappropriate or offensive comments. May not be funny to most, or anybody at all, but everyone has their own process.

In fact, I'm too bummed about about this to even go see this movie now. I wouldn't be able to enjoy by damn $8 popcorn knowing that people were slaughtered during the opening scene.

Life's a *****, and then you die never knowing what finaly happens to Batman.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:20 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Another reason for open/conceal carry. People should be trained at age 18 or 21. Would have prevented this mother ****er from rampaging on a bunch of innocent people for that long.

GUN CONTROL IS NOT THE ANSWER, BAD GUYS ALWAYS HAVE GUNS.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:25 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Another reason for open/conceal carry. People should be trained at age 18 or 21. Would have prevented this mother ****er from rampaging on a bunch of innocent people for that long.

GUN CONTROL IS NOT THE ANSWER, BAD GUYS ALWAYS HAVE GUNS.
Seriously. My folks started teaching me gun safety when I was about 7-8. I think I learned that before I learned to swim.

I just read that they're sending cops to all these theaters to beef up security. I know the public needs a pat on the shoulder to feel safe right now but honestly, it's not going to do a damn thing. It's just going to cost cash strapped police departments more money and pull them out of areas that they should be in. It's not going to deter anything. Eventually some fruit cake is probably going to do it again. That's why terrorism works. You can not predict it and when it comes to one person acting alone... like this... you can't stop it.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:34 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I mean this is black and white compared to the story in Florida where the 71 yr old popped those armed robbers.

If citizens were trained at a certain age, mandatory and open/concealed carry existed everywhere. I feel like acts of terrorism wouldn't feel so dominant knowing almost no one but a cop has a gun.

Quick Reply: Big shooting in Colorado at the Dark Knight Rises release!!! :(