Bay area: pulled over for a "modded" car or not?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 12:36 AM

Car Info: Nadda
23, Asian Male
White bugeyed Sedan
Hit with a catless borla singletip, 5 window tint, No front plate. (about to make a right onto Automall) from a residential area. (the cop being Rossette just all of a sudden pulled over and stopped and waited for me to pull out to put on the lights) Cop was White

Hit for no front window Tint on Automall in Fremont (Cop was White, Rossette, hope the white **** get shot one day).

hit for going 50 in a business zone (I'm guessin' 35) with no sign (that I'm sure people speed on since there were multiple car shops on that row) in Fremont before I even got my plates. Cop was white

Hit while driving my Dad's Car on Automall (let off with a warning) in a full red body kit Celica GT-S going 50 in a 45. (Cop was a dick and asked me to pop the hood, I told him it was stock and he looked at me like I was lyin' to him. Go figure, sports upgrade manufactured from Toyota itself.) Cop was White.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:16 AM

Car Info: 08 sti
pontiac gto
big nasty lopey cam, obviously not smog-legal
1.75 to collectors, 3" from mids to catback, 2.5 catback.
I drive around on drag radials and skinnys
I got pulled over once and the cop told me it sounds good and asked me why i had 2 spare tires on the front of my car.

2007 WRX wagon, silver, stock height
stock with helix turboback
i havent gotten pulled over yet

old car - 2004 Forester XT, helix turbo back, slammed, tint, gold wheels,
got pulled over by infamous rosetti, got exhaust/tint/no front plate
Old 04-08-2008, 01:24 AM

Car Info: 1998 M3, 2016 WRX
Originally Posted by 06STi
Cant be as bad as were I live now. Lafayette and Walnut Creek

I used to have to roll threw Danville on the way home to Blackhawk. I found if you just roll and don't be stupid they don't mess with you. There's far to many speeding soccer moms to make money from.
Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
I've lived in San Ramon, worked in Dublin, and Walnut Creek, now when I come up from college, my parents live in Livermore, but all my friends are still in San Ramon. I've never been hassled by cops for mods. Though, they have obviously profiled me, no tickets on exhaust, tint, or any mods. Worst I've seen in that area are cops just turning on their sirens to go through a red light, then turn it off and continue driving normally.
i only say this because they really don't have much to do. just today, they had 3 motorcycle cops camp out on san ramon valley blvd. pulling people over. they like to do this once a month for some reason (probably filling their quota )
Old 04-08-2008, 12:29 PM

Car Info: sc300
i used to get pulled over a lot, then i stopped breaking the law. past few years ive only got a fixit ticket for my tail light.. piece of crap
Old 08-27-2008, 12:54 PM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
I just got my silver 05. three days after i bought it I got stopped on 580 East past santa rita in Pleasanton by this CHP officer I see every day. All I had was a down pipe an up pipe and an STI exhaust, with a 5% tint in rear and what I am guessing is a 30% tint in front. I was ticketed for the window tint.

Probably didnt help that when he approached and asked "do you know why I pulled you over" my dumb *** response "since Im in bumper to bumper traffic I am going to guess it wasnt for speeding" yea got the ticket. Explained to said cop as I am a 31yr old caucasian male. After the ticket was written and he was explaining to me how to take care of it was when I decided to inform him that I train SWAT medics for a living so getting the ticket taken care of would not be a problem for me. SERIOUSLY THOUGH. Window tint has to be the biggest chicken **** ticket you can possibly write and it is.

Last edited by Shayhan27; 08-27-2008 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Left out the city
Old 08-27-2008, 01:43 PM

Car Info: Black On Black Wingless 05 STI

28 Black Male.

- sedan or wagon?
2005 Wingless STI

- what mods can be seen from outside?
Exhaust, Window Tints, Lowered, Wheels (not sure if those are considered but oh wells)

- how much louder is your car from stock?
My car is loud. Catless TBE

- how were you driving?
Frist time: LOL, uh 5mph in traffic, sh*t you not
Second: 65mph (freeway)

- what did the cop say/do?
Frist time: Gave me a fix it for my tint and exhuast. It was bs considering i was in traffic and not even about 2000RPM's.

Second Time:
Again, crap, I was going the speed limit, they got behind me, checked my windows and pulled me over. This time they had my hood popped and went looking for other mods. Issued a fix it for window and exhaust.

PS. These were both CHP and not local OPD.

Last edited by KOSTI; 08-27-2008 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:07 PM

I used to drive all over the east bay with no issues. Driving life was good. Had a loud relatively flashy wagon. Moved to the peninsula and started getting hammered with tickets. Slowed waaaay down. Tickets kept coming. I took off the exhaust, and the problem went away.

Bottom line is they can pop you anytime they want. All it takes is for them to have a flashback from getting picked on in 6th grade with you in sight, and bam! If it bothers you drive a prius.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:25 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by pink-i-wagon
I used to drive all over the east bay with no issues. Driving life was good. Had a loud relatively flashy wagon. Moved to the peninsula and started getting hammered with tickets. Slowed waaaay down. Tickets kept coming. I took off the exhaust, and the problem went away.
I've always thought this to be our collective biggest reason to get pulled over. I got caught for window tint in my old GTi, which was NOT 'street legal' and there was no mention of anything other than my windows.

Tint is a BS ticket, but remember that cops like to take the easy road, just like us. Why would they hustle all day and catch the real threats on the road when they can park under a shady tree and pop 20 cars a shift for tint.

Stock looking exhaust FTW.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:35 PM

I'm sure having a melon shooter doesn't help, but I think it's the sound not the look that is what catches their attention first. Especially on a crowded freeway or quiet neighborhood.

It's too bad. The suby sounds great for a four banger. I had a CHP compliment me on it once. Must feel kinda weird to have to shoot down cars you actually like.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:18 PM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
Officer : "Do you know why I pulled you over?"
Me : "Not really, I'm guessing you didn't like something I was doing"

- Don't admit to a speed when pulled over for what could end up as a speeding ticket. If they didn't have you on radar or didn't pace you, then they wont have enough proof if you decide to go to court.

Officer (looking hard @ hood scoop) : "You have any mods?"
Me : "Stock intake, stock turbo" and then not a word after that, no need to mention TBE or even suspension. Borla is 'low profile' as the last 4 cops that have looked at the muffler just ignored it.

Officer : "Would you like to step out of your vehicle"
You : "No thank you , it is night time, and I am not wearing reflective clothing. It would be a safety hazard for me to open my door and step into oncoming traffic".
- This one was told to me by my buddy in Oakland PD, really useful at night when you're stopped on the highway.

Officer : "Why is your front plate angled like that? Are you trying to avoid Fastrak, red light cameras, or my Laser?"
Me : "It looks better that way, my fastrak is paid up, and you said you got me on LiDar when I was merging at 60mph onto the freeway."

Don't even let me get into the ride along tales by OPD buddy has about CHP.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:23 PM

Car Info: Black On Black Wingless 05 STI
Originally Posted by Lboogie
Don't even let me get into the ride along tales by OPD buddy has about CHP.

Please DO! Because for what ever reason it seems my luck with CHP has been questionable, very questionable.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:31 PM

Car Info: '08 cadillac cts
19 year old male
'03 SRP Sedan
After market wheels
Tint
LOUD exhaust,bosal catless up pipe, Titek catless to a Blitz Nur Spec R
Some random jdm STi cosmetic goodies

Pulled over for speeding on I-80 at 5 o'clock in the morning. Did traffic school for it.

cop-"Do you know how fast you were going?"
me-"90"
cop-"86"
::writes ticket::
Old 09-08-2008, 10:33 AM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
Hey just wanted to throw this one out there. In the last month I have seen the same cop in the same place 580 east by airway blvd in livermore/Pleasanton pull over 4 modded subarus. Just a heads up he's the same one that got me for window tint. they were all WRX or STI's
Old 09-08-2008, 10:42 AM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
^^ someone I bet parked his *** in his off duty car. Now he's got a hard on.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:49 PM

Car Info: 05 cgm imp
24 asian male.
o5 sti.
tbe, intake.
outside, angel eyes.

fix ticket for exhaust. cvc27151 I think.
happened in tenderloin in sf. got caught by rookie cop, being trained.

Quick Reply: Bay area: pulled over for a "modded" car or not?