View Poll Results: Which design should be featured on this year's BAM shirts?
Design 1
24.37%
Design 2
50.42%
Design 3
10.08%
Design 4
15.13%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

BAM XI Shirt Design Poll

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 04:41 PM

Car Info: 2011 STi Sedan Plasma Blue
I like #2 but feel the color needs to be changed
Old 06-17-2011, 04:42 PM

Car Info: 2006 CGM Impreza WRX/ 1998 RBP Impreza 2.5RS
I liked 2 and 4. I would just like picture 2 in black like #4
Old 06-17-2011, 04:50 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.2L
#1 is my favorite. Not a big fan of gray shirts though. White would look awesome.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
#2 would look good on a black shirt. I voted #2, but if I could vote twice would also vote for #4.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by zumnwrx
can the fonts be anymore boring?

like the concept but question the execution

and for the record i vote... None
Good for you.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Stacheless Cholo

Car Info: 2005 STi
#2 on a black shirt...
Old 06-17-2011, 08:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
As for the rising sun.... you guys should have said something in the thread that was running for WEEKS. Don't vote for it. I don't give a ****. I'm sorry you're offended by an illustration. I don't get offended when I see our old flag with 13 stars on it or the old confederate flag.

I understand the sensitivity considering the fundraiser but seriously... but seriously... so offended that it's an issue with you?

Take it down. Redo the voting. I don't really care. This was for you guys. I wanted to do something with more cars but these were the direction requested by those that PARTICIPATED and gave input.

The design has literally been up for review for WEEKS. Should have spoke your opinion then. This is why I requested that this thread have ZERO comments and be for voting only.
I know... was referring to the other guy that doesn't like me and was clearly offended.

And like I said... no hard feelings if it gets pulled down. I understand not wanting to offend when you're trying to raise money for someone.

I don't give a crap if it offends the korean's and chinese... most of the ones that would have the RIGHT to be offended are either dead or old enough that they wouldn't be offended. And most of the younger ones don't have a clue why they should be offended. And the korean's and chinese do all sorts of **** that offends me... LOL!
Look, I've mentioned the kyokujitsu-ki in a number of threads on i-Club, but I don't read every single thread that's posted on this site, and I don't go actively looking for **** to stir around here (despite what other members may think). I appreciate your efforts on our behalf, and it's nothing personal against you.

Your first post, I understand where you're coming from in regards to the timing of the post. Your second post though, is ugly, racist, and ignorant. Replace the words "Koreans and Chinese" with "Jews" and you'll realize how stupid you're being. The kyokujitsu-ki carries as much weight as the Iron Cross, a symbol of German imperialism commandeered by the ***** during their mission to exterminate the Jews. Prior to reading this, I used to think that you were a pretty cool guy, but this is just atrocious. You're either a hot-headed idiot that spouts whatever he wants when he's unhappy about something, or a filthy racist. You make me sick.

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
You should have paid attention to the other thread where it was requested by someone to have that thrown into the design. No need to be douchy about it.
How am I being douchey? I'm just pointing out a fact. Like I said earlier, I don't read every single thread here on i-Club, I'm not a mod after all!

Originally Posted by slow04wrx
So basically when a Japanese person displays a rising sun on their car, it's pretty much a confederate flag?

Well from now on I will be sure to take the rising sun painted on any cars as a threat, and will flip the drivers off??
The only Japanese people that display the kyokujitsu-ki on their cars are bosozoku going for shock value. It's the equivalent of putting an Iron Cross or even a swastika on your Bimmer or Benz. Get it?

Those don't count as kyokujitsu-ki, they're just rising suns.

Originally Posted by slow04wrx
This doesn't make sense. Maybe we are being over critical?

"It is also presently the war flag of the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force and the ensign of the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force. It is also waved during the Japanese New Year and in sporting events. The design is incorporated into the flag of the Japanese newspaper Asahi Shimbun as well as banners called Tairyō-ki (大漁旗, Good Catch Flag?) flown by fishermen."

This is retarded, Japan flies the flag during sporting events, its in a major news papers logo? and Now the Maritime DEF Force uses it?

So thats all fine and dandy, but you are worried about it being on a subaru meet t shirt.

The rising sun was obviously part of the design, not a replacement for Japanese flag??? or in anyway attempting too associate Japanese Military. This is America boy.

I'm glad you can't make it to the event. People obsessed and stuck in the past shouldn't come.

Wow, grow up and get a life.
Did you read my post carefully? I specifically said that only MODERN use of the kyokujitsu-ki that is acceptable is MARITIME use, and that the JSDF DOES NOT CONDUCT WAR OPERATIONS OVERSEAS due to Article 9 of the Japanese constitution. MARITIME usage includes the JSDF naval ensign and the tairyou-ki, which is also the theme used during New Year's that is a HISTORICAL holdover. The JSDF Ground Forces have NEVER gone to war because Japan has never been directly assaulted, and thus there has been no need for use of the war standard. Overseas relief operations by the JSDF use the Hi no Maru because JAPAN IS NOT AT WAR. The Asahi Shinbun uses a rising sun logo that is INVERTED in COLOR and has used the logo since the 19th century, another HISTORICAL usage (not to mention the Asahi Shinbun is a LEFT-leaning paper). I have been to Japan and attended sporting events there, and the kyokujitsu-ki is rarely seen; the hi no maru however is common. I also practice two Japanese sports and have yet to the see the kyokujitsu-ki at any tournaments (mainly because Japanese participants, in addition to Chinese and Korean participants, would question the poor taste of it).

You are an ignoramus and talk about things of which you have absolutely no knowledge. The way you type makes YOU sound like the boy here, and I am just as American as you are. However, how much about Japan and Asia do you know? Do you speak Japanese? Do you know any Japanese people from Japan? Do you know anything about Japanese culture? Have you been to Japan before? Have you been to East Asia before? Do you speak an East Asian language? The war may have ended over 60 years ago, but its impact still runs deep. Go tell a Jew that Nazism and antisemitism are obsolete, see what he thinks.

I'm proud that I am a Chinese American with deep roots in Hong Kong and Southern China, and I am proud that I know how to speak fluent Japanese as well as fluent Cantonese (the language of my ancestors). I am proud that I have had the opportunity to live in Hong Kong and to live in Japan, and I am proud to have made many Japanese friends as well as Chinese friends. I am happy to see that many of today's youth are able to look beyond the conflicts of their grandparents, but when an outside group glorifies the symbol of an ugly chapter in the collective history of our two peoples, I am greatly dismayed and upset, especially when these outsiders stress the perceived correctness of this ignorant notions and proceed to insult anyone who attempts to shine a light on the subject. Shame on you.

If people like you are at BAM, I don't care, I just won't associate with you and instead hang out with my friends on i-Club. I'm not as small as you are, celebrating the fact that someone else isn't attending a mass function just because of a difference in opinion. You make me sick.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:23 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch

(tl;dr)
Old 06-17-2011, 08:27 PM

Car Info: San Remo Red '05 WRX
Number 1 should be put on a white shirt with black lettering. I'll buy one then.

I also concur with Choku Dori.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:56 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
atrocious... because I don't care if I offend someone with a t-shirt? Wow. I think you read more in to that than what was intended. I stand by it. I forget that because I'm a white american I can have no opinions and make no statements in regard to race or religion. And you clearly don't know me. I'm about the nicest dude you'll ever meet... to ALL races and religions.

My point is that MOST people have no clue what you're talking about and therefore would not be offended by a design element on a t-shirt. INCLUDING korean's and chinese. The other part was an off the cuff statement that meant nothing more than what it said... they (meaning those countries) do more to offend me than the offense a shirt could possibly cause... That's it. Meant NOTHING in regards to the actual people. Hell I spent most of high school in dorm rooms eating home made korean food with koreans and being a mediator between the race wars.... korean/chinese/japanese. Hell... I play ping pong like a korean... but that's probably racist and atrocious as well to say...

That and the people that would be offended by it more than likely won't see the shirt. Yes the wounds are deep but I think you're overstating the effect this shirt would have. If you want to impart your wisdom that's cool... but this was not the place or time for it.

Do I think using the rising sun on a shirt deserves the comparisons you're making... no. Do I see your point... yes. That's why I said I'm cool with it being taken down. I don't see the point in risking offending the people we're trying to help. So.... mods. Take it down and move those votes somewhere else. I would also like to see ALLLLL of these comments deleted because they have nothing to do with this and are distracting the thread.... but hey... where would iclub be without drama bull**** for nothing... right.

I'm sorry that your online opinion of me has changed because of the statements I made. I think you way WAY overstated the meaning behind those words.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:58 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Ditto!

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
#2 would look good on a black shirt. I voted #2, but if I could vote twice would also vote for #4.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:58 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU

(tl;dr)
Hey... lets not forget that I'm a racist hateful bigot. Anyone up for some cross burning, book burnings...

Seriously... wtf.

Take the damn design down... please.

I'm seriously bummed it went to this point. People love a little drama in life I guess.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
atrocious... because I don't care if I offend someone with a t-shirt? Wow. I think you read more in to that than what was intended. I stand by it. I forget that because I'm a white american I can have no opinions and make no statements in regard to race or religion. And you clearly don't know me. I'm about the nicest dude you'll ever meet... to ALL races and religions.

My point is that MOST people have no clue what you're talking about and therefore would not be offended by a design element on a t-shirt. INCLUDING korean's and chinese. The other part was an off the cuff statement that meant nothing more than what it said... they (meaning those countries) do more to offend me than the offense a shirt could possibly cause... That's it. Meant NOTHING in regards to the actual people. Hell I spent most of high school in dorm rooms eating home made korean food with koreans and being a mediator between the race wars.... korean/chinese/japanese. Hell... I play ping pong like a korean... but that's probably racist and atrocious as well to say...

That and the people that would be offended by it more than likely won't see the shirt. Yes the wounds are deep but I think you're overstating the effect this shirt would have. If you want to impart your wisdom that's cool... but this was not the place or time for it.

Do I think using the rising sun on a shirt deserves the comparisons you're making... no. Do I see your point... yes. That's why I said I'm cool with it being taken down. I don't see the point in risking offending the people we're trying to help. So.... mods. Take it down and move those votes somewhere else. I would also like to see ALLLLL of these comments deleted because they have nothing to do with this and are distracting the thread.... but hey... where would iclub be without drama bull**** for nothing... right.

I'm sorry that your online opinion of me has changed because of the statements I made. I think you way WAY overstated the meaning behind those words.
OK, I gotcha, I understand. I want to thank you for taking the time to clarify and explain what you meant in your posts. I apologize that I read too deeply into what you said, and I apologize for the angry things that I said in response. I do still stick with what I said about the kyokujitsu-ki because I'd like for more people, especially non-Asians, to understand the meaning of that flag. You and I seem to have more in common than not, so I agree, let's move on and pick a great shirt for this year's BAM.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:10 PM

Car Info: EQ Tuned Wagon ;)
Choku Dori - "Those don't count as kyokujitsu-ki, they're just rising suns. "

So whats to say that the design on his shirt isn't a rising sun? Just wondering im not meaning to stir the pot with anybody..
Old 06-17-2011, 09:13 PM
General Pimpin'

Word...

And I understand where you're coming from. When people hit close to something you care about it's easy to have something lean worse than what was intended.

Quick Reply: BAM XI Shirt Design Poll