View Poll Results: Which design should be featured on this year's BAM shirts?
Design 1
24.37%
Design 2
50.42%
Design 3
10.08%
Design 4
15.13%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

BAM XI Shirt Design Poll

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
I think Ray's gunna win
Old 06-17-2011, 01:35 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
^ You might be right

I voted for #2
Old 06-17-2011, 01:39 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by bkblitzed
is the back side of the tshirt gonna be plain? Or is there gonna be something on it?
The back will have a vendor list on it with all of their logos.

Number one has the SF skyline on the left and Tokyo on the right. yes that is tokyo tower.

As for the rising sun.... you guys should have said something in the thread that was running for WEEKS. Don't vote for it. I don't give a ****. I'm sorry you're offended by an illustration. I don't get offended when I see our old flag with 13 stars on it or the old confederate flag.

I understand the sensitivity considering the fundraiser but seriously... but seriously... so offended that it's an issue with you?

Take it down. Redo the voting. I don't really care. This was for you guys. I wanted to do something with more cars but these were the direction requested by those that PARTICIPATED and gave input.

The design has literally been up for review for WEEKS. Should have spoke your opinion then. This is why I requested that this thread have ZERO comments and be for voting only.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
The back will have a vendor list on it with all of their logos.

Number one has the SF skyline on the left and Tokyo on the right. yes that is tokyo tower.

As for the rising sun.... you guys should have said something in the thread that was running for WEEKS. Don't vote for it. I don't give a ****. I'm sorry you're offended by an illustration. I don't get offended when I see our old flag with 13 stars on it or the old confederate flag.

I understand the sensitivity considering the fundraiser but seriously... but seriously... so offended that it's an issue with you?

Take it down. Redo the voting. I don't really care. This was for you guys. I wanted to do something with more cars but these were the direction requested by those that PARTICIPATED and gave input.

The design has literally been up for review for WEEKS. Should have spoke your opinion then. This is why I requested that this thread have ZERO comments and be for voting only.
Ray, just to be clear, I am not offended by it. It is not an issue for me at all. In fact, from a design standpoint, I really like the rising sun image. Just thought I should mention it. And yes, you are right I should have mentioned it earlier, but I hadn't even looked in that t-shirt thread until yesterday because I've known for a while that I would not be even able to go to BAM this year.

That said, everyone should vote for #1
Old 06-17-2011, 01:51 PM

Car Info: 2002 BRP 2.5RS
I think #1 would look sick if it was offset on the shirt.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:53 PM

Car Info: 2004 Silver WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

As for the rising sun....
I think the design is sick as ****. Not really my style, t-shirt wise, but sick as ****.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:56 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Awesome job Ray!!
Old 06-17-2011, 01:58 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by ryball
Ray, just to be clear, I am not offended by it. It is not an issue for me at all. In fact, from a design standpoint, I really like the rising sun image. Just thought I should mention it. And yes, you are right I should have mentioned it earlier, but I hadn't even looked in that t-shirt thread until yesterday because I've known for a while that I would not be even able to go to BAM this year.

That said, everyone should vote for #1
I know... was referring to the other guy that doesn't like me and was clearly offended.

And like I said... no hard feelings if it gets pulled down. I understand not wanting to offend when you're trying to raise money for someone.

I don't give a crap if it offends the korean's and chinese... most of the ones that would have the RIGHT to be offended are either dead or old enough that they wouldn't be offended. And most of the younger ones don't have a clue why they should be offended. And the korean's and chinese do all sorts of **** that offends me... LOL!
Old 06-17-2011, 01:59 PM
General Pimpin'

Oh... and if number 2 wins I'll dial in the car illustrations more.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:04 PM

Car Info: Smokin' Joe
If say... I wanted a poster of one of the pieces.. would you be able to print it up for me? or send me the file for me to print up? cuz I really wanna put one up on my wall. thanks!
Old 06-17-2011, 02:05 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
thought someone already made a poster 1?
Old 06-17-2011, 02:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Originally Posted by papakiet
If say... I wanted a poster of one of the pieces.. would you be able to print it up for me? or send me the file for me to print up? cuz I really wanna put one up on my wall. thanks!
That is an awesome idea. Someone should do all the old ones, too.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
Design 3 is offensive. The use of the Rising Sun Flag (Kyokujitsu-ki) is inappropriate as it is the military flag of Japan and is associated with Japanese imperialism and military aggression in the first half of the 20th century (the Japanese military no longer conducts war operations overseas; it is a self-defense force under Article 9 of the Japanese national constitution). The only acceptable use of that flag today is maritime usage; it's not interchangeable with the national flag of Japan, the Hi no Maru. Militarism has no place at BAM or for the relief effort for a tragic natural disaster. Thanks.
You should have paid attention to the other thread where it was requested by someone to have that thrown into the design. No need to be douchy about it.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:07 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
^ I think Choku Dori did mention it in the other thread. Either way, what's done is done. If people are offended at this point, they don't need to vote for it.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Choku Dori
Design 3 is offensive. The use of the Rising Sun Flag (Kyokujitsu-ki) is inappropriate as it is the military flag of Japan and is associated with Japanese imperialism and military aggression in the first half of the 20th century (the Japanese military no longer conducts war operations overseas; it is a self-defense force under Article 9 of the Japanese national constitution). The only acceptable use of that flag today is maritime usage; it's not interchangeable with the national flag of Japan, the Hi no Maru. Militarism has no place at BAM or for the relief effort for a tragic natural disaster. Thanks.
So basically when a Japanese person displays a rising sun on their car, it's pretty much a confederate flag?

Well from now on I will be sure to take the rising sun painted on any cars as a threat, and will flip the drivers off??

Quick Reply: BAM XI Shirt Design Poll