BAM/Hammy 2012 reboot...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 03:51 PM

Car Info: 2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 Sports Package,SOLD-05 STi
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Damn it... Justin was right.

Looks like the Rose Garden. Why couldn't I find that damned map! Thanks man. I'm calling now.
Lol. No prob. The link is at the very bottom of the parks website
Joseph D. Grant County Park
Old 06-20-2012, 04:09 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I can tell you one thing... it will not be the 19th. Something tells me a certain someone already booked it. 19th is off the board at hammy.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:18 PM

Car Info: 07 STI Built/Widebody/E85/Rotated GTX3576 13 Fozz
I can tell you one thing... it will not be the 19th. Something tells me a certain someone already booked it. 19th is off the board at hammy.
Brilliant...
Old 06-20-2012, 04:23 PM

Car Info: 2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 Sports Package,SOLD-05 STi
smart.guy What about 12th or 26th?
Old 06-20-2012, 04:30 PM
General Pimpin'

Didn't want to go sooner than the 19th. I'm working on the 26th or the 9th.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
I think it's worth taking the extra time and patience and making sure the date works for the vendors. I think most people want to see the shops and their racecars and drivers and shopcars.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:09 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by glenspen
I think it's worth taking the extra time and patience and making sure the date works for the vendors. I think most people want to see the shops and their racecars and drivers and shopcars.
agreed but some of them have flat out said... don't hold it up for us.

It's about taking in to account a decent date for the members and the most vendors. I do have vendors in the loop.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:57 PM

Car Info: 07 STI Built/Widebody/E85/Rotated GTX3576 13 Fozz
I know people have really been pushing for Hammy, but why not the 19th in a different location?

That date seemed to be the best for most people and vendors. Just thinking out loud. Hammy just seems to have been causing most of the logistical problems for this thing.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:27 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by apetron
I know people have really been pushing for Hammy, but why not the 19th in a different location?

That date seemed to be the best for most people and vendors. Just thinking out loud. Hammy just seems to have been causing most of the logistical problems for this thing.
Not necessarily.

We have just as many Vendors having issues with the 19th as we do with the 26th and the 1st for that matter.

Track schedules. Preference. Vacations. Etc. It's not as easy as everyone is making it out to be. A date will be picked and someone is gonna get pissed.

A location will be picked and someone is gonna get pissed.

The winery is an absolute no if I have anything to do with it.

So it's more than likely Hammy or Navato. Both places people have issue with and both places have their own issues.

I'm doing the best I can to make everyone happy but people are just gonna have to deal with it when a date is set. If a vendor can't make it that week hopefully they'll still participate with the event in one way or another.

We already went down the vote for a date road and even that was a mess. Same with the location.

I'm basically waiting on a phone call to get most of this stuff iron'd out.

We'll get there and it will be awesome. I hope. LOL!

But yes I want the vendors involved as much as possible. A. We need them. B. I like them. C. I want a kick *** raffle.

The last time 2 raffles I had anything to do with were off the hook. If I'm gonna raise money for charity I like it to be worth it and if I'm gonna do a raffle I want it to be worth it. I hate the feeling of buying a raffle ticket and your fighting 400 tickets for a t-shirt or a calendar. Nothing to get hyped about there. I want shirts, calendars, turbos, wheels, tunes, access ports. stuff like that.

Speaking of which... I need to hit cobb up. LOL!
Old 06-20-2012, 06:35 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Didn't want to go sooner than the 19th. I'm working on the 26th or the 9th.
The 26th is out for us for sure. The 9th is a stretch but we could make it happen.

-- Ed
Old 06-20-2012, 06:38 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
The winery is an absolute no if I have anything to do with it.
For future reference, what's the issue with the winery (or really any winery for that matter)? (I'm not trying to start an issue, just gaining knowledge).

Also, I've learned all too well over the years no matter what day, location things are arranged for there will always be people that will commit & then flake, just not show up for various reasons or just decide they want to complain. You are not going to please everyone EVER when there is more than 1 person involved. If people want to show up then they do, if they don't then they don't.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by flukewrx
For future reference, what's the issue with the winery (or really any winery for that matter)? (I'm not trying to start an issue, just gaining knowledge).

Also, I've learned all too well over the years no matter what day, location things are arranged for there will always be people that will commit & then flake, just not show up for various reasons or just decide they want to complain. You are not going to please everyone EVER when there is more than 1 person involved. If people want to show up then they do, if they don't then they don't.
A lot had to do with how the people treated the event. People stealing wine glasses and the no beer option and not even allowed to have beer in the hangar area was a real turn off. Plus we wanted to bring this meet back to it's roots. A BBQ park setting where people can just chill and hang out. The winery had more negatives than positives when it was over. The best thing about it was the weather was nice.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:22 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
A lot had to do with how the people treated the event. People stealing wine glasses and the no beer option and not even allowed to have beer in the hangar area was a real turn off. Plus we wanted to bring this meet back to it's roots. A BBQ park setting where people can just chill and hang out. The winery had more negatives than positives when it was over. The best thing about it was the weather was nice.
Nail on the head.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:23 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
I remember freezing my *** off lol
Old 06-20-2012, 07:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by bkblitzed
I remember freezing my *** off lol
Have you been to a BAM at Hammy? A 2010 join date makes me guess no. The last time at Hammy it was 112. The previous was over 100 as well. I'll take the 60 ish weather. Hell I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

Quick Reply: BAM/Hammy 2012 reboot...