BAM/Hammy 2012 reboot...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 09:23 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Thank you for all the emails. I will compile a list and get an email out to everyone but I need to connect with the vendors and Daniel first so be patient with me. Not going to be today. Maybe tonight or tomorrow.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:45 AM

Car Info: A Dirty Car
Where exactly are we having BAM? At LIC observatory? on the mountain? how the hell is a car show going to be at Mt Hamilton **totally lost**
Old 06-15-2012, 09:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by Volkey
Where exactly are we having BAM? At LIC observatory? on the mountain? how the hell is a car show going to be at Mt Hamilton **totally lost**
It will be help at Joseph Grant park. It is located half way up the mountain. There are picnic grounds, restrooms and a general lawn location. We are too big to have it at the observatory but for anyone that hasn't been there, I would suggest making a trip up to the observatory to see it. It's worth it.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:07 AM
General Pimpin'

Yes. There are always people making runs up to the observatory and some folks coming in or going out over the top and out to livermore. It's a fun drive but be careful and respectful.

We moved out of Hammy in the first place because of ranger pressure... partially.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:09 AM

Car Info: A Dirty Car
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Yes. There are always people making runs up to the observatory and some folks coming in or going out over the top and out to livermore. It's a fun drive but be careful and respectful.

We moved out of Hammy in the first place because of ranger pressure... partially.
Seeing as I live in Livermore, I will be taking the "fun" route there

Is this "park" we are having it at LARGE with LOTS of parking (well over 100 spots) ?

Ive never been, so excuse my ignorance
Old 06-15-2012, 10:11 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Volkey
Seeing as I live in Livermore, I will be taking the "fun" route there

Is this "park" we are having it at LARGE with LOTS of parking (well over 100 spots) ?
Yea, taking Mines up and over is a fun route to take. I may or may not take that route from Tracy, extending my fun driving even more.

The last time we were there we had over 350 cars. Once we outgrow the paved lots, I believe there are dirt areas we can park in as well.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:16 AM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
oh--- did someone remember to invite the douchbag (you know who you are) in the Lambo to **** off the rangers by doing donuts in the parking lot????

Last edited by Lowend; 06-15-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:21 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Yea, taking Mines up and over is a fun route to take. I may or may not take that route from Tracy, extending my fun driving even more.

The last time we were there we had over 350 cars. Once we outgrow the paved lots, I believe there are dirt areas we can park in as well.
Yeah I don't think we'll hit the 425-475 numbers this year but 350 sounds pretty doable.

If you decide to take mines you better get your *** in gear... seems to me the last time you did that you caught on fire and my brakes smoked out. LOL! We both have work to do... and I may be willing to come out and crash at your pad and do it with you.

My list is long... lol.
brakes.
fix my fog light.
swap my tires
swap my door
fix my battery issue
new exhaust hangers
new rear end links
install my front end links
fix the turbo issue.

We need to have a car day soon. LOL... car weekend.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:24 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Yeah I don't think we'll hit the 425-475 numbers this year but 350 sounds pretty doable.

If you decide to take mines you better get your *** in gear... seems to me the last time you did that you caught on fire and my brakes smoked out. LOL! We both have work to do... and I may be willing to come out and crash at your pad and do it with you.

My list is long... lol.
brakes.
fix my fog light.
swap my tires
swap my door
fix my battery issue
new exhaust hangers
new rear end links
install my front end links
fix the turbo issue.

We need to have a car day soon. LOL... car weekend.
Yea I don't think I'll have my car ready to go by then. Might have to mob the forester. The fire situation at least shouldn't happen again, but popping the radiator and overheating could. Or something more catastrophic. Between running out of weekends and not having a lot of money, options are low at this point.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I should be taking control of the domain name for the event tomorrow, at which point I'll put together a wordpress site to centralize all information and make it accessible to guests/non-iclub members.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:48 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
I'm hoping were not going to be under a red flag warning up there, prime weather recently for something to flare up.

But anyways, thank guys for getting everything patched up! Appreciate the hard work.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:23 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Is the park dog friendly?
Old 06-15-2012, 01:26 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
I want to thank the folks rallying here to help pull the event together; we know this whole scramble put a wrench in things and I want to extend a special thanks to Ray for being awesome.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:26 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by sybir
I want to thank the folks rallying here to help pull the event together; we know this whole scramble put a wrench in things and I want to extend a special thanks to Ray for being awesome.
Agreed
Old 06-15-2012, 01:31 PM
General Pimpin'

Just so you guys know... Daniel is not out of the loop. Well not completely. He's been very busy. I expect him to jump back in to the fray at some point. I'm just trying to steer the ship and get things organized and hopefully help carry some of the load.

So far things are sounding good from the folks I've talked to so far. Had some interesting conversations yesterday and last night. LOL.

Quick Reply: BAM/Hammy 2012 reboot...