23109(a) speed contest misdemeanor

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 11:25 AM

Car Info: wrx02
Originally Posted by brucelee
On a semi related note, I got nabbed for going 100 in a 65 about a year ago... I didn't get written down for a misdemeanor (there are two check boxes, I got the infraction box), but it's still a two point ticket.

I think the cop gave me a break because I was on my way home from work at like 3am on a weeknight, got nailed in Danville on 680. Cop had his lights off and was parked in the shoulder, no other cars in sight either direction. I wasn't driving recklessly or anything, just was driving faster than I should have been. I was really respectful and tried to make it as least memorable for him as possible. Whole thing took like 10mins, which was one of the fastest tickets I've ever been written. Cop was really cool too, you can tell he nabs a lot of people in that spot. It's so wide open, and no real traffic that late.

I have a court date on the 12th of Jan. I hope I don't get *** raped too hard.

Gotta pay to play, lesson learned big time.
Even if you didn't get a check on misdemeanor box, wouldn't traffic court judge
see going more than 30 miles/hr is misdemeanor?

As for OP, he should get a layer to reduce his charge. It would be not good to have misdemeanor charge on your wrap sheet. Seriously, it would be all good as long as you don't get misdemeanor charge. Paying fines is least of your problem.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:32 AM

Car Info: 2008 specB
I dont see an issue.

The speed limit is OBVIOUSLY too low in that area.

Just tell the judge it was an experiment showing how two vehicles travelling at a high rate of speed can safely navigate the area while attempting to reach the end before the other!
Old 01-02-2012, 11:36 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
Thats the right path. Hopefully you dont get hit too hard by the law.

ITT: People giving others **** when they've done the same thing at one time or another. Ease up folks!
Double the posted speed limit? THAT I've never done. Let me hurl my stones now.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:40 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by mcast
I do not want to live on this planet anymore.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by JooseyJeff
I'm so confused here. Can all of you honestly say that you've never tried to fight a violation? I mean wow, some of you act like you're driving saints.

I doubt OP is expecting to get away scott free; maybe just not receive a misdemeanor on his record and lose his license. He'll definitely get some sort punishment, there's no doubt about that.

I'd say that you only have grounds to judge if 1. you've never broken the law behind the wheel, or 2. you've always paid for every ticket you've received without any question. Maybe some of you guys do fall into these categories, and if so, go ahead and judge. I'm willing to bet that no one falls into category #1, though.
Yeah I went and plead not guilty for something that wasn't possible (IE. 78 on an offramp with a 10mph turn 300 feet down, I brought pictures the judge looked at it and said yeah not possible) but, seriously when we reached our highest speed just kinda...... doesn't cut it.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by JooseyJeff
I'm just going by the information that was provided to us by the guy who was actually there. I have no reason to question his credibility.
His poor judgement leads me to question is character. Therefore, I do not take what his says as the honest truth. Two cars, ACCELERATING TOGETHER, caught at DOUBLE the speed limit, IS racing. Doesn't matter if it is a friendly or not.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by willow
Even if you didn't get a check on misdemeanor box, wouldn't traffic court judge
see going more than 30 miles/hr is misdemeanor?
I dunno, when I went in to set my court date the judge said I was lucky that it wasn't a misdemeanor. *gulp*
Old 01-02-2012, 11:51 AM
VIP Member

I dunno, when I went in to set my court date the judge said I was lucky that it wasn't a misdemeanor. *gulp*
IIRC, judges can't add additional traffic violations.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:23 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Op...

Sell your car, you are giving us all a bad name you punk ****. You are lucky it was not me that pulled you over (if I was an officer) I would have run your worthless punk *** in for reckless endangerment, impounded your car, and made damn sure you had the book thrown at you.

70 in a 35, ****...you deserve to have your head bashed in with a tire iron you ****ing snot nosed ****.

Now...act like a man, take the punishment, plead guilty and accept the consquenecs of your actions.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:25 PM

Car Info: '06 WRB STi
Originally Posted by rau
Double the posted speed limit? THAT I've never done. Let me hurl my stones now.
I've done 10mph in a 5mph zone
Old 01-02-2012, 12:47 PM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
Originally Posted by Giibo
so where are the pics from the photoshoot?
Aaaaahahaha just had didn't you..
Old 01-02-2012, 12:51 PM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
Originally Posted by Jodice112
I've done 10mph in a 5mph zone
Yupp.. 65 on a 60 maybe 70 but not 70 on a 35...
Old 01-02-2012, 12:54 PM

Car Info: 335i & S1000RR
On a semi related note, I got nabbed for going 100 in a 65 about a year ago... I didn't get written down for a misdemeanor (there are two check boxes, I got the infraction box), but it's still a two point ticket.

I think the cop gave me a break because I was on my way home from work at like 3am on a weeknight, got nailed in Danville on 680. Cop had his lights off and was parked in the shoulder, no other cars in sight either direction. I wasn't driving recklessly or anything, just was driving faster than I should have been. I was really respectful and tried to make it as least memorable for him as possible. Whole thing took like 10mins, which was one of the fastest tickets I've ever been written. Cop was really cool too, you can tell he nabs a lot of people in that spot. It's so wide open, and no real traffic that late.

I have a court date on the 12th of Jan. I hope I don't get *** raped too hard.

Gotta pay to play, lesson learned big time.
Laser or radar?
Old 01-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by Overbear
Op...

Sell your car, you are giving us all a bad name you punk ****. You are lucky it was not me that pulled you over (if I was an officer) I would have run your worthless punk *** in for reckless endangerment, impounded your car, and made damn sure you had the book thrown at you.

70 in a 35, ****...you deserve to have your head bashed in with a tire iron you ****ing snot nosed ****.

Now...act like a man, take the punishment, plead guilty and accept the consquenecs of your actions.
And now this thread has brought out the years first over the top/hyper-aggressive reply from Overbear, 2012 is already off to a great start!!
Old 01-02-2012, 01:42 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Krinkov
And now this thread has brought out the years first over the top/hyper-aggressive reply from Overbear, 2012 is already off to a great start!!
The year was only 36 hours young!

Quick Reply: 23109(a) speed contest misdemeanor