2014 Wrx engine failure

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 01:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by subie OCD
Glad you got it taken care of. Also what oil were you using?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo......!!!
Old 03-27-2014, 04:17 PM

Car Info: '14 Wrx Hatchback
Originally Posted by subie OCD
Glad you got it taken care of. Also what oil were you using?
Subaru synthetic 5-30
Old 03-27-2014, 04:30 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by Brfatal
That's false and even Cobb employees have admitted a previously flashed ECU can be fairly readily spotted (I've known some of the Cobb folk for 9-12 years, the confessions came from them). Subaru Select Monitor 3 can do this.
Originally Posted by PROcede
Perhaps you don't know who you are talking to? I'm fairly positive he knows just a tad bit of what he's talking about. I'd also venture out to say he's probably in on more talks with the Cobb guys then most.
Originally Posted by Brfatal
You're right I don't. I take it he's a tuner. I'm just telling you what Cobb employees told me well after V2s came out. V3s could very well have a different story. I no longer work at a dealership either so I can't say.
Originally Posted by UKn00b
Please tell me where to identify this in the SSM3 as I just tested this and can't find an identifier anywhere what so ever? I'll call Trey and ask his take on Monday as well.
This made me laugh so hard. It's like no one knows who he is but us OG's

Originally Posted by wombatsauce
NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo......!!!
It's too late......
Old 03-27-2014, 09:39 PM

Car Info: http://goo.gl/XpkO0b & '99 SF 'S'
I found out that a 2014 STI motor that was in the early stages of being modded died, due to a failed oil pickup tube. So there's another story, but I'll leave that up to the owner. The good news is that his short block is being replaced.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:44 PM

Car Info: Eclipse
Originally Posted by rau

It's too late......
I do... No OG, but I know who tuned my car
Old 03-27-2014, 09:49 PM

Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
Originally Posted by rau
SSSShhhhhhhh!! Let's the kid's figure this out on their own.

Originally Posted by PaulWalker
I do... No OG, but I know who tuned my car

Dammit, shaddup.

Doodddeeeeoodddodddoooodee doo ddeedoo.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:54 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by thefozz
sssshhhhhhhh!! Let's the kid's figure this out on their own. .
lmao
Old 03-27-2014, 11:02 PM

Car Info: Subaru STi Sedan '13
Originally Posted by WRXncrew
I found out that a 2014 STI motor that was in the early stages of being modded died, due to a failed oil pickup tube. So there's another story, but I'll leave that up to the owner. The good news is that his short block is being replaced.
I wonder who killer b is going on once the car is back from the Livermore. 15k miles and a cracked oil pickup seems questionable.. Only an intake on the car and was tuned.. The only thing that helped me get warranty was that the car was in the dealership more times than enough for the problems I was describing yet Subaru did nothing in regards to checking what the problem was. So documentation is everything in my case.

Last edited by oshrizak; 03-27-2014 at 11:04 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:44 AM

I was told there were 2 Wrx/Stis in for engine failure as I picked mine up,scary
Old 03-28-2014, 09:23 AM

Car Info: Subaru STi Sedan '13
Originally Posted by damianwrb07
I was told there were 2 Wrx/Stis in for engine failure as I picked mine up,scary
Yep, 1 is mine the other is another person that came in 2 days after mine for a ringland failure (his fault tbh) but they fixed it..
Old 03-28-2014, 09:28 AM

Car Info: subaru
So I should have left the Dp and AP on and said "Hey, I put an exhaust part and a conservative tune on my "Performance car" and it destroyed the motor, sell me a new one" What's "shady" is that Subaru Wrx's and Sti are known for ring land failure and spinning bearings and Subaru continues to build the same motors that have the same problems. SOA knows full well after 12+ years that people buy these cars and modify them. BUILD A QUALITY PRODUCT AND STAND BEHIND IT!
i know your upset but why dont you stop complaining to a forum and talk to subaru about it?? you sound like a little girl that lost her toy. be a man talk to subaru and stop being a keyboard commando. if you had performance parts and they void your warranty this that subarus fault??? or yours? your mad since this could be an issue you started and now you will have to fix. GROW UP !!!!

Last edited by bmxhotsauce; 03-28-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by bmxhotsauce
i know your upset but why dont you stop complaining to a forum and talk to subaru about it?? you sound like a little girl that lost her toy. be a man talk to subaru and stop being a keyboard commando. if you had performance parts and they void your warranty this that subarus fault??? or yours? your mad since this could be an issue you started and now you will have to fix. GROW UP !!!!
Your a bit too late, it's been fixed under warranty thanks for the concern. You sound like an asshat coming on a forum and throwing blame around, you know nothing about my situation so you GROW UP
Old 04-30-2015, 09:47 AM

Car Info: 2014 suburu wrx
I feel your pain

After 8500 miles my motor has failed. , the Subaru tech said " The pistons and rings can barley hold the stock 265hp let alone any added HP". I never said the car was modded but they knew. I asked how an engine can fail after 8500. I'm currently attempting to get Subaru to warranty the work. Doesn't seem right that Subaru can build a "performance" motor that is right on the edge of it's breaking point and send it out on the market.I'd always sold people on the Wrx's performance and reliability by talking numbers or simply giving someone a ride but sadly this is my 2nd and last Subaru
I have 15k miles on mine and just destroyed a rod bearing, gear box, n clutch. I treat the car good, no tracks, no launches and suburu claims its driver error. Nevermind the dealership has 3 others with the same issue, all 2014s. Everything on this car was built and installed with cheap in mind, which is why the alternator is so undersized you can only put one window up at a time. I've owned a few sports cars and never had one with these problems. Really disappointed
Old 04-30-2015, 03:35 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by FXTbrah
So not mentioning the car was stage 2 is fraud yet allowing the dealership to selling 30k lemons is perfectly OK. Got it fellas, carry on the gang bang.
There are plenty of laws in place for lemon protection.

Exploding a car by putting things on it that the dealership did not put on it... not a lemon. And even if it was a lemon... it's on you because you ****ed with it. Simple as that.

Hell SOA tried to deny a warranty claim on me because I was missing paperwork on one oil change in 95k miles. Deal really is... you mess with it... you break... you buy. Has nothing to do with lemons.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:38 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by rpeace
I have 15k miles on mine and just destroyed a rod bearing, gear box, n clutch. I treat the car good, no tracks, no launches and suburu claims its driver error. Nevermind the dealership has 3 others with the same issue, all 2014s. Everything on this car was built and installed with cheap in mind, which is why the alternator is so undersized you can only put one window up at a time. I've owned a few sports cars and never had one with these problems. Really disappointed
If you exploded all of that in one shot... damn right it's driver error. WTF were you doing? Be honest?

Take it to another dealership if you really think it's not your fault. The dealership is suppose to push it through to SOA and SOA deals with it.

In my personal case SOA tried to screw with me and the dealership helped me get my warranty settled.

I'm serious though... I can see a gnarly clutch failure scewing up your trans or trans popping and destroying your clutch. But how does that also toss a rod bearing.... Sounds like a very high rpm clutch dump.

Quick Reply: 2014 Wrx engine failure