Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

Review for Protune at GST

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 08:25 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Ebolamonkey
Yep. like i said before. minor miscommunication. no big deal. after meeting mike, it is clear that he is a good dude with good intentions.

Unfortunately, it looks like my clutch is starting to slip so i am going to have to wait till next week for my protune. Was deciding between an exedy or act, but mike was able to get a discount from exedy so that sealed the deal.

Noooww i waaaaait for Mooondaaay....
w00t going to be putting the power down!!! you wont be cheated by a slipping clutch
Old 12-20-2010, 02:33 PM

Car Info: '12 FXT Touring
my experience has failed epically...

during the tune, the high-flow cat inside perrin 1pc dp came loose (I guess) and is now blocking flow. FML. afr's were fine, but boost went suddenly from 19 to 13.5psi...

now I have to somehow get a different (catless) dp to get in there to finish the tune. probably invidia catless divorced mouth

sucks to be me. now i am without a car until sometime this week (no idea when), and now stuck with a broken perrin pos, which i now have to deal directly with them too, they haven't returned one phone call yet... which i find funny, because i've talked to 2 people, sent an email and left a message to them. still no response at all. I figured at 2x the cost, I would be getting a 2x quality piece or have amazing customer support. guess not.

anyone else have sh*tty reviews of dealing directly with perrin? or are they just impossible to get answers/replies from? i can call and email them 5 times each day if i have to, i paid out the a** for this piece of sh*t catted dp, which i figured was going to be flawless.

either way, i just want to get a catless dp on there, get my damn tune finished and get my car back... it's ending up going on a week now.

Last edited by NorCalPaintball; 12-20-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:59 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
WOW what a bummer

I have a catless that doesnt fit my 03 you can have but I am in so cal. It came off an 05 STi
Old 12-21-2010, 03:04 PM

Car Info: '12 FXT Touring
wow... thank you, will PM you for details if I end up needing it.

GST is still not exactly sure what the deal is, I guess (still waiting for a update), hopefully my car doesn't end up being gone for a month, as it was only sent in for the day... fml.

i'm hoping it's the cat at least, can't think of anything else it could be.

thanks again for caring.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:09 PM

Car Info: 02 Wagon Hybrid GST Tuned 303hp/299tq
I think I am going to go to GST to get my protune done also. I still have 600miles to break in my motor before I can get it tuned. I can't wait. I will definately post up results when I get it done.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:24 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
What ever happened with this?

And for the record... the only Perrin piece I have had direct experience with and not had some form of issue with are my rear endlinks. Their fit and finish is crap.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:26 PM

Car Info: 06' 280whp/300wtq pig nose and 05' porsche cayenne
Well every time I went to GST I had a great experience...even though the tuning thing never goes as planned and mike is a super busy guy so it takes a while but all in all I love the result they put out. I went to mike a few months back to get a retune cause I was having some issues. He gave me a safe tune for half the cost and I was still running 265whp and 265wtq on a safe tune. Now I just got to go back for the other half of the tune...I'm aiming at 300+ on both ends...