Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

Import image racing is a joke!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 07:40 AM

Car Info: 2015 ISM STI Limited
Import image racing is a joke!

i have spent over $2k the last few weeks in small parts/big parts and 4 out of 5 have been wrong! To get resolved "I" had to bend over backwards and go out of my way just to get contacted to find out when i can expect the correct part... some things i understand happen but you would think when the same customer keeps getting wrong parts that YOU the seller would pay extra special attention the next time you shipped items out to make sure it doesnt happen again... IIR is a joke, once they have your money they could care less about keeping their customers... i will be going to reputable, good customer service vendors from now on even if i have to pay more it'll be worth it for the customer service...

i PM'd him on FB and was basically laughed at and was told we'll get back to you on monday have a nice day... i'm like really?! i just got the wrong brake bracket for my BBK and had to wait 8 days and go without a car because they sent the wrong items and now you send another wrong part and dont correct on the spot?! this company takes your money and then your nothing but a $ for them... i suggest thinking before buying from them especially if you have received wrong items... i will now be going with vendors who put time and effort into their sales like rallysportdirect, you may pay more than IIR but i can guarantee you will get treated much better as a customer than just trying to get items out the door...
Old 03-04-2012, 08:11 AM

Car Info: 05 OBP LGT LTD. Sedan
Good feedback! Thanks for the heads up!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:15 AM

Car Info: 2006 STI
I have bought many things from them and not had a problem once. Thank you for the heads up though.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:37 AM

Car Info: 2004 wrx wagon,07 gsxr 600, 09 GSXR 750
Just got a radiator from them with no issues
Old 03-04-2012, 08:44 AM

i'm mainly stating when ordering multiple items... many of them they don't carry in house but rather they ship out from the actual companies and there is bad communication between the two and carelessness+bad communication=wrong parts plus Josh at Import image racing is a trip, i gave negative feedback for which IMO was reasonable for having this many mistakes and then he takes it upon himself to give me a negative feedback because "i don't understand they don't work weekends..." i do understand but at the same time if i was a vendor and messed up the same persons order 4 times in a row i would bend over backwards to help and keep this customer especially when they order alot of items... instead he gave a smirk remark and threatened saying "be prepared" really? be prepared for what? a storm from IIR lol go ahead and make your threats it'll just give me more proof for mods to kick you off their site
Old 03-04-2012, 10:00 AM

Car Info: 03 WRX WRB Sedan
They still owe me camber bolts since november of last year lol
Old 03-04-2012, 10:59 AM

^ my point exactly... not everyone here will have a problem but come on if we spend our hard earned money expecting a product and then get the wrong part or not get the part at all like stated above?! you deserve a negative remark am i wrong?! and then for them to give me a negative trader rating because they didnt do their job is just childish
Old 03-04-2012, 11:17 AM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
I will stay away from them.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:21 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
thanks i dont buy parts often but when i do i try to make sure i buy them from someone who will ship the correct order on time.

i think theyre a vendor on nasioc maybe if u complain on that site theyll see it and do something about ur order

goodluck though
Old 03-04-2012, 11:41 AM

yeah i already told mods over there that they threatened me and gave me negative review for leaving one for their ****ty service... so we will see, i'll post more once i get updates
Old 03-04-2012, 11:43 AM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
Originally Posted by wrxdan4726
yeah i already told mods over there that they threatened me and gave me negative review for leaving one for their ****ty service... so we will see, i'll post more once i get updates
Wow really? Garbage. I would imagine the mods not giving a crap anyway
Old 03-04-2012, 12:52 PM

Car Info: 05 OBP LGT LTD. Sedan
Originally Posted by LOL VTEC
Wow really? Garbage. I would imagine the mods not giving a crap anyway
+1 lol
Old 03-04-2012, 01:17 PM

i agree that's why i'm getting this out by word of mouth so my story gets told and warns future buyers from being screwed as well! i dont expect the mods to do anything but if they dont im going to bring up their own regulations stating that no threats, racism or sexist prejudice will be tolerated and if they allow import image to stay a vendor i will take them to court and basically win due to photo proof!
Old 03-04-2012, 01:27 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
I have dealt with them in the past and have not had any problems, but it was only single to two item purchases at a time. Thanks for the heads up and sometimes places do fall off the ladder. Thanks for letting us know! Customers ARE the power in todays market.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:34 PM

and i gave them plenty of chances to redeem themselves! but 4 items in a row with wrong parts or not even the right part is ridiculous! i am now buying from other vendors like rallysport and cyngus reputable companies who dont try to beat around the ****ing bush!

Quick Reply: Import image racing is a joke!