Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

Auto HQ Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 02:29 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by Ballz
"Let me give you the "logical" analysis. You quoted me from the start for 1900 for 105k sparkplugs and labor, without the timing belt. Then the price began dropping, and we ended up at 875 with the sparkplugs, where you said you would do 875. I have the gmail chat log to prove that."

Stephen, there has to be a misunderstanding somehwere... $1900 for a 105k minor and spark plugs .. I know I didn't do that .. a minor service is $300 and even with spark plugs it would be just $145 dollars more.. ($85 labor and $60 for the plugs)...
Maybe it was a misunderstanding, but asking for a quote multiple times without receiving one in hardcopy (so there is no misunderstanding, I know what I get and what it costs) would have been a lot easier. The labor quote was about ~$65 bux per hour, for 7-8hr's of work. I'm not here to look for an apology. I just wanted to state a review (not really much of a review since I didn't actually go in for service) but how it was approached and why I chose not to get my service done with your shop. I was appalled at dealing with the sales and service. I know you guys are top notch when it comes to service, I wrote a separate good review of AutoHQ when I received my 60k maintenance there. Dealing with the financial part of it was why I became irritated along with hearing that I was somehow imagining the phone conversations with 1900+ dollar quotes.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
...i've never worked there...?
Old 06-15-2009, 12:44 PM

Car Info: 1992 Skyline GTR BNR32
I'm very confused from all the numbers flying around. I was thinking of going to Auto HQ for all the great reviews everyone gives them but I was quoted a pretty high number as well....hate to look around farther than I have to but $$$ definitely makes a difference.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:49 PM
banned

Car Info: Honda RVT RC51
Originally Posted by dchoi23
I'm very confused from all the numbers flying around. I was thinking of going to Auto HQ for all the great reviews everyone gives them but I was quoted a pretty high number as well....hate to look around farther than I have to but $$$ definitely makes a difference.
How much was the quote they gave you?
Old 06-15-2009, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by c32c7
How much was the quote they gave you?
Out of respect for AutoHQ, I didnt want to publicize it so I sent you a PM
Old 06-15-2009, 09:53 PM
banned

Car Info: Honda RVT RC51
That price you were quoted is just nuts. Who would pay that much for a 105k service is beyond me.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:55 PM

That price you were quoted is just nuts. Who would pay that much for a 105k service is beyond me.

actually that quote was for timing belt service, 90k service and iridium spark plugs. it isnt that outrageous but still pretty high
Old 06-16-2009, 10:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
Originally Posted by dchoi23
actually that quote was for timing belt service, 90k service and iridium spark plugs. it isnt that outrageous but still pretty high
Totally unrelated and my apologies for posting in AutoHQ's thread but you shot us a PM but we cannot respond to it as it says you have selected to not be able to receive PM's in your setup of you account.

Mike
Old 06-16-2009, 10:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX

You quote high and then bargain down so the customer feels like they are getting a "good deal."
Old 06-16-2009, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Totally unrelated and my apologies for posting in AutoHQ's thread but you shot us a PM but we cannot respond to it as it says you have selected to not be able to receive PM's in your setup of you account.

Mike
Sorry I think this thing is on crack....or maybe I was it should be fixed now. If it doesn't work feel free to email me cswinsf@gmail.com

thanks!
Old 06-16-2009, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
You quote high and then bargain down so the customer feels like they are getting a "good deal."
That WAS the bargained price....
Old 06-16-2009, 10:54 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
To turn this thread around a bit.

I have only had one experience with AutoHQ and it was fantastic.

Got the job done right the first time. Great prices. Good Customer service. Jerry is an awesome mechanic. Kevin is hella nice as well, and from what i saw at end of day he takes care of his employees too.

If they werent so far away i would take my car to them for minor services.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:47 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX STI
Been there a couple times with the new whip and these guys are the best.

Having a car under warranty, I was reluctant to bring it anywhere but a stealership due to warranty reasons. Why?, considering bringing it to other people doesn't void your warranty. Well, within 8K I spun a rod bearing and did my own oil changes with AMSoil, and showed all my paperwork and they almost didn't honor the warranty.

Anyways, started bringing my car to the stealership and my oil level was always over the expansion mark almost an inch. So, where do I go a still have SOA be cool with it. Hmmm...how about Kevin @ AHQ, a Subaru Master Technician, that was a hard one.

I got my Cusco coilovers adjusted and some installs done by Jerry and my car handles like it never has before. Jerry is a superstar technician and I wouldn't let anyone but him and Kevin work on my ride. Jerry's portfolio is ridiculous.

Lastly, what sold me the most was their persistance in having a Shiggy Tune. With most of my automotive knowing being inline with Toyota, specificly blown tacos (supercharged tacomas), hearing how Shiggy tunes subies was exactly what I was looking for. When I first got my subie, I really dont like the fact all these shops Dyno tune or flash pre-fabed or custom maps with an Cobb AP. I only learned how to tune a tacoma in real-time while driving with a URD Kit, wideband, OBDII piggyback, laptop, and software. When I heard that Shiggy does partial throttle tuning real-time on the road with EcuTek...and thats all AHQ recommends b/c its the best, I knew this was the only shop to take my ride to.

Why I go there:
  1. Shop's labor rate is inexpensive.
  2. Certified Subaru Master Tech.
  3. Jerry's Snap-On tools.
  4. Shiggy Tune.
  5. Atmosphere. Hangout and watch.