Need a good mechanic for general maintenance in Concord/Walnut Creek

Old 05-16-2016, 08:12 AM

Car Info: 2014 Impreza Hatch
Need a good mechanic for general maintenance in Concord/Walnut Creek

I'm about due for an oil change and what not and my prepaid maintenance just ran out. anyone have a good mechanic they can suggest other than the dealer in the Concord/Pleasant Hill/Walnut Creek area?
Old 05-16-2016, 12:47 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
WTH?! You live in WC and don't just lease a new car every 2-3 years?! What's wrong with you!!! You are driving my property value down you minimum wage earning scum! /SARCASM

Yeah. Good luck. If you find one, please let me know! I have lived in WC for past 5 years and still make the drive to GST, RBMS or LIC

TD Garage was decent for regular maintenance and basic aftermarket stuff, but they moved to Bezerkley. Most places I have tried since seem to either cater the filthy rich with too much money crowd or the filthy ghetto with too little one

I am not saying there aren't any excellent/honest independent shops in WC; definitely have not tried them all...just that I personally got tired of looking and choose the short drive to a well established/vetted Subaru shop instead

Last edited by LxJLthr; 05-16-2016 at 12:53 PM.
Old 05-16-2016, 03:25 PM

I've been doing a little research and Mekatron in Concord sounds like a decent spot. supposedly they've been in business for about 40+ years and have been working on Subaru since they first came to the states..

That's all I've been able to figure out so far.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:51 PM

Car Info: 2013 STI Hatch
I've had work done by him on a different car way back.

But I trust my car with RBMS and GST.

Think about it this way. If you plan on keeping the car for a bit, best to have a car taken care of by a shop that really knows what they are doing and are honest etc.
that way they will be able to get to know you and your car, catch things before they get expensive etc.

Those two shops are connected at the hip and help each other out and are extremely honest and good to go.

I have heard good things about LIC, but the only other subie shop I can speak to and recommend is FW up in rocklin but that's a drive.

I live in concord so take that for what it's worth on using the guys in Hayward.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:11 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
Mekatron is good, I've taken my STi there before. One of the guys in charge used to own a wrx.
Old 05-19-2016, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Slide
I've had work done by him on a different car way back.

But I trust my car with RBMS and GST.

Think about it this way. If you plan on keeping the car for a bit, best to have a car taken care of by a shop that really knows what they are doing and are honest etc.
that way they will be able to get to know you and your car, catch things before they get expensive etc.

Those two shops are connected at the hip and help each other out and are extremely honest and good to go.

I have heard good things about LIC, but the only other subie shop I can speak to and recommend is FW up in rocklin but that's a drive.

I live in concord so take that for what it's worth on using the guys in Hayward.
anyway I could get the full names of the shops or do they searchable by just the acronym?
Old 05-19-2016, 05:34 PM

Car Info: 2013 STI Hatch
Rbms Autocare
Gst Motorsports

Both in Hayward ca

FW motors in rocklin ca

Tell them redbeard sent you and you get 5% added to your bill!