Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Your reaction to the bombings in London

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 07:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Your reaction to the bombings in London

I'm curious how many American's feel somewhat 'hardened' towards what happened there?

I doubt anyone would hesitate to state how f'd up it was on all levels.

I imagine you'd certainly support the British in any retributional statements they might make.

However, I wonder if we just got a little insight as to why the rest of world was mixed towards lending support to our Global War on Terrorism. It's difficult to deny that the outrage is certainly tempered; probably based on our geographical separation and the fact that it wasn't on our home turf. That and the fact that we've lived it and have repeatedly seen similar attacks over the last 4 years that continue to plague our deployed soldiers.

Thoughts?
Old 07-08-2005, 09:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
It's only bad news if it happens to you. I see what you're saying...

I'm not this ignorant though. I want everyone that's affiliated with terrorism in the smallest degree to boil in pigs blood. Nothing changes because it's an attack on foreign soil and anyone that thinks otherwise is so full of ****. These very same people yearn for the poverty stricken, disease having, malnourished Africans like it's happening in their own neighborhood. I'm not saying that's a bad thing in the slightest because it's the exact opposite.

But when 50 to 1000+++ innocent people die as a result of terrorism we alienate ourselves from the ordeal in the same respect we used to alienate oursleves from someone that was diagnosed with HIV/AIDS in the 80's. This shows vulnerability, cowardice, ignorance, and the ability to be manipulated and molded by terror. It’s the creed of the weak and passive. This will eventually damn us. We’re already at the complete disposal of terrorism for this very reason.

Last edited by Salty; 07-08-2005 at 09:47 PM.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:43 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
I have to admit that I'm not as outraged as I should be. I'm pissed, and darkly determined but strangely I don't feel like yelling out my window at the top of my lungs decrying European Al-Qaeda.

I disappoint myself.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
See, I don't think it's something you should necessarily be disappointed about, just aware of.

There's probably plenty of things in the next 5-10 years that we will be totally unprepared for, and I think it's best to have the most objective opinion as to why it's happening.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:18 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
The bombings made me feel angry. Anger at the people who engage in this cowardly brand of warfare as well as anger at my country for using her resources and might on a wild goose chase in Iraq, when she could have been using these limited resources to fight the real threat that is Al Quaeda.

I know there are plenty here who will flame away and yammer on about some nonsense, but I'm just giving an honest opinion of how the London bombings made me feel.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
I agree with Salty mostly and Bling Bling as well.

I would definately support any recourses Britain takes at going after Al-Qaida, etc. but lets keep our eye on the ball here. Al-Qaida is our number one enemy and they should have always been......
Old 07-15-2005, 12:57 AM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
I'm getting more and more worked up about this.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:24 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Very nice
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...710339,00.html
http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/LondonBlasts/story?id=979905
The presence of nailbombs graphically illustrates that the bombing cell wanted to inflict the maximum possible pain, injury and risk of death on innocent London commuters, security analysts say.

"You see what is bulging on the sides of the bottle are nails. Many, many nails," said Robert Ayers, a security expert who was shown the pictures by the American ABC News channel last night.

"And the nails are put there so that when the bomb goes off, the nails will tear tissue and kill people in the area. Bombs don't kill by concussion. Small bombs, they kill by the blast effects of fragments of glass or metal, and this is designed to kill people."

Last edited by VIBEELEVEN; 07-28-2005 at 10:27 AM.