Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

"You are stuck on stupid"

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 09:56 AM

Car Info: 02 BRP 2.5RS-T
"You are stuck on stupid"

Video of General Honore to reporter.

http://thepoliticalteen.net/2005/09/20/stuckonstupid/

I love it when somebody calls a spade a spade.

Last edited by svxr8dr; 09-21-2005 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:05 AM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
SLAM!!!!!

Reminds me of the days of Ari Fleischer. Didn't take any crap.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:50 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Hahahaha Awesome. He said "hooah" to the reporter and it sounded faintly like he replied with "hooah."

I love how motivated brass & NCOs can take control of any situation with a no bull**** attitude.

When I was at JRTC for my 3rd time (ugh) we had so many people that needed to be fed that the Army snagged some civilian caters to feed those that had just finished 3 weeks of solid training with minimal food and water. We were eating outside and the food was horrible. It was like they were trying to waste old food on us because we were so hungry.

Word got back to Col. Scaparrotti & CSM Thorpe. They both came down in a blackhawk within feet of the chow line. They chewed those civilians out and had everyone of them at the position of attention. He refused to have them paid and told them to leave on the spot. We ate old MRE's that day but the Col and brass made it up to us for dinner the next day. When we had gotten back to the old WWII barracks for our turn at the showers the Col. and other brass hired one of the better BBQ caters in Louisiana to cook-up some of the best southern BBQ for the entire brigade. Good people that took care of their own.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
But yeah, I asked people that served with Gen. Honore if he was a for real. They all agreed that he's a no non-sense, get it done kind of General. Everyone calls him the "Rajin Cajun.”
Old 09-21-2005, 04:05 PM

Car Info: 02 BRP 2.5RS-T
transcript:
New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin held a press conference a little bit ago, and started losing control to a media pool assembled that was showing signs of panic, due to the previous incompetence in the region by the local and state government. Lt. Gen. Russel Honore stepped in and literally took over. Here's what he had to say:

Honore: And Mr. Mayor, let's go back, because I can see right now, we're setting this up as he said, he said, we said. All right? We are not going to go, by order of the mayor and the governor, and open the convention center for people to come in. There are buses there. Is that clear to you? Buses parked. There are 4,000 troops there. People come, they get on a bus, they get on a truck, they move on. Is that clear? Is that clear to the public?

Female reporter: Where do they move on...

Honore: That's not your business.

Male reporter: But General, that didn't work the first time...

Honore: Wait a minute. It didn't work the first time. This ain't the first time. Okay? If...we don't control Rita, you understand? So there are a lot of pieces of it that's going to be worked out. You got good public servants working through it. Let's get a little trust here, because you're starting to act like this is your problem. You are carrying the message, okay? What we're going to do is have the buses staged. The initial place is at the convention center. We're not going to announce other places at this time, until we get a plan set, and we'll let people know where those locations are, through the government, and through public announcements. Right now, to handle the number of people that want to leave, we've got the capacity. You will come to the convention center. There are soldiers there from the 82nd Airborne, and from the Louisiana National Guard. People will be told to get on the bus, and we will take care of them. And where they go will be dependent on the capacity in this state. We've got our communications up. And we'll tell them where to go. And when they get there, they'll be able to get a chance, an opportunity to get registered, and so they can let their families know where they are. But don't start panic here. Okay? We've got a location. It is in the front of the convention center, and that's where we will use to migrate people from it, into the system.

Male reporter: General Honore, we were told that Berman Stadium on the west bank would be another staging area...

Honore: Not to my knowledge. Again, the current place, I just told you one time, is the convention center. Once we complete the plan with the mayor, and is approved by the governor, then we'll start that in the next 12-24 hours. And we understand that there's a problem in getting communications out. That's where we need your help. But let's not confuse the questions with the answers. Buses at the convention center will move our citizens, for whom we have sworn that we will support and defend...and we'll move them on. Let's not get stuck on the last storm. You're asking last storm questions for people who are concerned about the future storm. Don't get stuck on stupid, reporters. We are moving forward. And don't confuse the people please. You are part of the public message. So help us get the message straight. And if you don't understand, maybe you'll confuse it to the people. That's why we like follow-up questions. But right now, it's the convention center, and move on.

Male reporter: General, a little bit more about why that's happening this time, though, and did not have that last time...

Honore: You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question. We are going to deal with Rita. This is public information that people are depending on the government to put out. This is the way we've got to do it. So please. I apologize to you, but let's talk about the future. Rita is happening. And right now, we need to get good, clean information out to the people that they can use. And we can have a conversation on the side about the past, in a couple of months.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:45 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Funny, but I can't stand that site. Any way-right or way-left blog annoys the HELL out of me. I just clicked on a link from that site, on which the blogger said that there is no deficit, and that the deficit is shrinking. WTF? Then a couple days ago i found a way-left blog who basically blamed Dubya for him getting fired. What dumbasses!
Old 09-21-2005, 06:47 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
He is showing the type of leadership that this country needs...and isn't getting from the Dems or GOP.

<<<<<<<<<"You are stuck on stupid."
Old 09-22-2005, 08:04 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

That cracked my 1SG and I the **** up!
Old 09-22-2005, 08:12 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
That just made my entire day. But yeah, they had the ROE on lock until he got here and he said that if they wanted his help they'd let soldiers do what soldiers do best. After that it took us about 48 hours to make the city safe again. He's one hell of a leader and I'd go with him anyday. HOOAH!!!!
Old 09-23-2005, 12:02 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Military leaders can intimidate allright. Salty's story is funny though...civilians standing at attention for military brass...I bet they tried to salute too hahaha.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
****ing a right that is the damn way **** needs to be handled sometimes..

props to him..