Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

YEAH...one day without immigrants! BTW, it's a communist holiday.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 02:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
I dunno if what's wrong with California is directy related to it's diversity. Hawaii is a pretty diverse state and they don't have the same problems we do, but then again they have ocean, not just a fence.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:03 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by dub2w
I drew a not-so-subtle inference that he was referring to the melting pot cuture of California and griping about his preceived downfall of the state due to the mixing of ethnicities and cultures. My bad if I was off base.

:banana:
I think hes just upset that our tax dollars go to the illegals benifit, I mean, I understand helping people...to a point, but our system is being raped by illegals. I can understand being upset about that.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:06 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by subie OCD
I think hes just upset that our tax dollars go to the illegals benifit, I mean, I understand helping people...to a point, but our system is being raped by illegals. I can understand being upset about that.
I find it ironic how people who advocate this arguement are the same ones saying we should stay out of the rest of the worlds business.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:14 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Im sure theres tons of stuff that I dont like paying taxes for, but thats life, it aint fair.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
You don't even deserve a response.
HOLY CRAP the idiots have taken over! MV, Dub, Someone make them stop. People aren't this stupid are they?
It appears that you were the first to insult/degrade in this thread.

You are a f'ing moron.....Good luck with that.....

While everyone knows that the border problem needs to be fixed, jailing or sending back the ones that are here to make a living is just not feasible, and you seem to lack the mental capacity to understand that fact. You are just not worthy of an argument at all because your logic is flawed and you can't have the conversation without degrading someone, albeit immigrants or just another person in this forum.

Get a f'ing clue.
Jailing them? Who said anything about jailing them? Send them back? Now there's something we can touch on. This would be a tough bill to fill. To just grant them amnesty and a free ticket to the front of the line that's just insane. Take the current proposed legislation, you know, the whole 2yr/5yr bit. Now Jump back a few years to 9/11/2001. There was a certain group of people who flew some airplanes into a couple big buildings; Remember? This group came into this country, and disappeared. Technically speaking under this proposed legislation that group would have been eligible for amnesty. Because prior to killing a bunch of people they had resided in this country for over 5 years, illegally. We are not just talking about illegals who have crossed from our southern border. We are talking about granting amnesty to ALL illegals. Wooooosh>>>> Present day...
Amnesty for illegals. (If you choose to touch on any of these items lets me know). Soicial Security, Medicare. Health Care, Fair Housing, Education, manipulation of a livable wage (c'mon your a liberal this one has got to ruffel your feathers), exploitation, inequality (by allowing this we will create lower than lower class), reason; it has been stated "we need them because they will do jobs Americans won't do." Don't you realize the implications of this statement?
Where are the flaws in my logic. Please point them out.

Don't come to Michigan, we don't need your type here.
Michigan, Detroit, and the Pistons all suck. You can have 'em.

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Huh? Only a percentage of the illegals are here to work, and that's why GW wants a guest WORKER program. NOTICE there is no guest la raza, guest criminal, guest breeder, or guest welfare leech program!
If you want to talk about percentages... Get this, 2004, 60.95% of the population that's 123,535,883 of 202,674,771 voted. That's a lot of people. On Mon it was stated that across the country thier were about 1,000,000 of the projected 13,000,000 illegals, that marched. that's about 7.5%. Which is about .4% of the eligable voting population in the US. The numbers don't lie. The meadia once again makes a mountian out of a mole hill. And they talk of granting amnesty.

And I say it is. Too bad you are not half as intelligent as you are angry otherwise this could actually be entertaining.

Speaking of racism, you've got some issues to work out.
I find this very offensive. I AM NOT A RACIST!!!! I have many friends that are many different races, I would exclude no one the chance to be my friend. Although I have met many that are willing to prejudge me and call me a racist. See i give everyone a fair shake. They decide if they are going to go in the positive or the negative with me.

Originally Posted by subie OCD
Why are you guys bagging on ipozestu?? Yeah, he did come off angry/pissed, but I didnt sense any "racisicm"....?
Thanks for the support, Your right; angry I am, racist I am not.

I drew a not-so-subtle inference that he was referring to the melting pot cuture of California and griping about his preceived downfall of the state due to the mixing of ethnicities and cultures. My bad if I was off base.
You are so wrong here. The ingredients in this pot don't mix. I'd hate to make a reference to Hollywood but, one word "Crash". Have you seen it? Most realistic movie I have seen in a long time. Look around where you live. You may see some mixing here and there, but the truth is, they don't mix at all. You get Asian this, White that, Black this, Latino that, p-noy this, ect, ect. With all of our differences, all of which are respectable, one thing in common should be our language. That is commonality, that is good for society. that is why the US should adopt English as a national language.

Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN
I dunno if what's wrong with California is directy related to it's diversity. Hawaii is a pretty diverse state and they don't have the same problems we do, but then again they have ocean, not just a fence.
I lived in HI for 7 years three in the military, 4 as a civilian. It's a nice place but it has it's fair share of problems. First of all HI is the largest welfare state in the union. Second racisim is out of control. I am not a trouble maker yet trouble always seemed to find me. Many locals simply can not stand sevice men, or white people, or black for that matter. You know the terms that are thrown. On this note if your interested I have a story about my experience with locals and being the only haole working in a powerplant.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:25 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
It sounds like you may have been misunderstood. From you earlier post, I took it that you blamed other ethnicities, etc... for the ills of society and it pissed me off. So, my bad for putting you in that box. Fo rizzle

Re: Crash
Absolutely. The South is incredibly racist (at least rural pockets), but there are definitely large parts of Cali and other more "diverse" states that have the same degrees of racism.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:27 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by ipozestu
On this note if your interested I have a story about my experience with locals and being the only haole working in a powerplant.
Very interesting point. Ive thought about moving there to pursue a grad degree working with foster kids but this is one of my primary reservations.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
It appears that you were the first to insult/degrade in this thread.
That's interesting, I seem to remember this was the reason I posted in the first place.

Haaa Granting amnesty to a bunch too damn dumb to realize which country they are in. "Hey Moron your flying the wrong freakin' flag". Come to my country, from day one and starting off on the wrong damn foot... A criminal!!! Protest my government, my country, no gringo day... I wonder if the drug runners took the day off. I wonder if the rapists and violent crime offenders took the day off. Did the illegal prisoners take the day off too? This thing has got me pretty fired up.
Rant off
The whole "bunch of too damn dumb to realize" part where you bag on immigrants as a whole. Like Dub, I took this as you being subtly racist in that statement. My apologies. While I understand you are angry, I know you are capable of having that conversation without degrading people, whom the majority of just want a better life. I cannot find fault in anything that people like that do because if I was in their situation I would probably do the same thing. Yes, it's illegal but so is modifying your car in CA or speeding excessively in any state and that doesn't stop anyone.

As far as the 9/11 reference, I understand your concern but there are a few flaws in that argument. I believe most of the terrorists came here on visas that were valid and eventually expired and were never enforced. This is a slightly separate issue than that of the Mexico immigration problem. Also if I'm not mistaken the majority of the 9/11 terrorists were in country starting from January 2000 which would not make them eligible under the current proposed plan. The terrorists actually were here legally up until the time when their visas expired so now were talking about a completely separate issue.

My thoughts are that we would be better off to shore up the southern border much, much better and fix the current immigration process rather than to start rounding up hard working illegal immigrants and sending them back when all that will happen is they will jump right back over the border and keep doing it to feed their families. Now you can take all the non-working illegals that and ones that are a detriment to society and send them where ever you want for all I care.

You think listing off most of Americas domestic problems and linking them with these issues gives you a case? Alot of those systems are flawed and are in need of reform in the first place. Social Security? Are you kidding me? I hope you are not planning on getting your SS when you retire, your favorite government loves to use that money for other purposes anyways.

You should be asking YOUR favorite president the question about the jobs americans won't do? Thats his favorite tagline.

I'm a liberal? HA that is funny. I voted for Bush vs. Gore and the only reason I didn't vote for him the second time was I thought Kerry was the lesser of two evils. No I stand pretty middle of the road on most issues. I am conservative on some issues and liberal on some others. I don't believe in telling a woman what to do with her body, but I do believe in the death penalty, I could list off a ton of issues that make me center road, but none of which has anything to do with this thread. My guess is we are not so far apart on alot of issues and some things just get lost in the translation on the IntrAWeb.

My long .02

BTW we will see how bad the Pistons Suck come NBA finals......Doubt we will see any Cali teams in their either.....
Old 05-04-2006, 07:59 AM
VIP Member

Another thing I was just thinking about that I don't understand. Bush has been the Fear/Security president since 9/11 and if everyone thinks the amnesty program is so bad from a security standpoint then why does Bushy support it so vehemently? I just don't get it. The Fear card basically got him re-elected and now if this is such a security risk as ipozestu and others think then why is he all for it?
Old 05-04-2006, 08:58 AM
VIP Member

Talking

It sounds like you may have been misunderstood. From you earlier post, I took it that you blamed other ethnicities, etc... for the ills of society and it pissed me off. So, my bad for putting you in that box. Fo rizzle
Yeah, you guys seem pretty quick to jump to conclusions and judgements lately, more tolerance and understanding from the left I guess.
J/K
Old 05-04-2006, 11:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Another thing I was just thinking about that I don't understand. Bush has been the Fear/Security president since 9/11 and if everyone thinks the amnesty program is so bad from a security standpoint then why does Bushy support it so vehemently? I just don't get it. The Fear card basically got him re-elected and now if this is such a security risk as ipozestu and others think then why is he all for it?
On the Bush note, This guyu could not have turned coat faster. To file Bush and the Majority of the Republican party with conservatives, would be a big mistake. There are three things driving the push for amnesty, for you and I might as weel be the only things in the world because they rule our lives.
1. Big religon
A. South of the Border Types are Primarily Catholic
2. Big business
A. Employ a lower class with substandard wage prolongs the effect. Companies not incllined to increase wages as long as they can find someone willing to work for it.
3. Big Government
Both side are foaming at the mouth for these votes. Politics... F'n sad these bastards sell out thier country for Da Dolla Dolla Bill, Yall.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:05 PM
VIP Member

On the Bush note, This guyu could not have turned coat faster. To file Bush and the Majority of the Republican party with conservatives, would be a big mistake. There are three things driving the push for amnesty, for you and I might as weel be the only things in the world because they rule our lives.
1. Big religon
A. South of the Border Types are Primarily Catholic
2. Big business
A. Employ a lower class with substandard wage prolongs the effect. Companies not incllined to increase wages as long as they can find someone willing to work for it.
3. Big Government
Both side are foaming at the mouth for these votes. Politics... F'n sad these bastards sell out thier country for Da Dolla Dolla Bill, Yall.
Hey, I agree on eveything you said....Sad is just the right word. Hell if a real conservative would run I would vote for him in a heartbeat.....Just need to find one I guess.