Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

The Wrong Army?

Old 01-16-2006, 10:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
The Wrong Army?

This one is for Paul

Originally Posted by Paul
I'm just getting very annoyed by the constant "America Sucks/Bush Sucks/America is the cause of the world's problems " mantra that the Left has been spewing since I was a baby.

I'm tired of Leftists complaining about the war but offering no solutions that will lead to a stronger US.
I'm tired of Leftists that that constantly point out the short comings of our policy, specifically the military, and have not served themselves.
http://www.wtv-zone.com/Mary/THEWRONGARMY.HTML
Old 01-16-2006, 11:12 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
He's absolutely right. The biggest critics are those who have never served. Freedom has a taste to those that served that the protected will never know.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 WRX
obviously its not the wrong Army.....but definitely the wrong conflict.....even you right wingers can agree that we wouldn't be any worse off had we not invaded Iraq again.

but we are definitely worse off now that we have taken part in the occupation of Iraq, I've heard cost totals ranging from 180billion to 2 trillion dollars. 180 being quoted from US gov't. and 2 trillion quoted from independent analysts including long term cost of health care for wounded soldiers.

Iraq was of no threat to us at all. So all this hoopla (sp?) was to bring democracy to the middle east.....oh my god, women can't go to school.....oh my god, women have no rights in Iraq.....oh my god, teenage girls in Iraq can't wear jeans!
Old 01-16-2006, 09:42 PM

Total and utter bull****. What was the point of this right wing waco statement?
Old 01-16-2006, 10:20 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Unregistered
Care to prove this wrong?

Pick a war, any war. (For that matter, pick any period of peace.) Then dig up as many official and unofficial historical documents, reports, reconstruction's, and commentaries as you can. For every unbiased account you uncover, you'll find three commentaries by revisionist historians who cannot wait to tell you how badly the U.S. military bungled things.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:08 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
To add a little balance & understanding to the Leftist filth I've put up with for 36 years.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:10 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by case1
obviously its not the wrong Army.....but definitely the wrong conflict.....even you right wingers can agree that we wouldn't be any worse off had we not invaded Iraq again.

but we are definitely worse off now that we have taken part in the occupation of Iraq, I've heard cost totals ranging from 180billion to 2 trillion dollars. 180 being quoted from US gov't. and 2 trillion quoted from independent analysts including long term cost of health care for wounded soldiers.

Iraq was of no threat to us at all. So all this hoopla (sp?) was to bring democracy to the middle east.....oh my god, women can't go to school.....oh my god, women have no rights in Iraq.....oh my god, teenage girls in Iraq can't wear jeans!
What has been a "right" war?
I have never heard nor read of a "right" war.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:48 PM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
I'll help him out. An example of a "right" war could be The Revolutionary war of which the United States of America was born.

And to all the Anti-Iraq war people (liberals and conservatives), if this war was wrong, then why did Sadaam feel that he had to run and hide like a rat? If he knew that he had done nothing wrong, don't u think he would made some type of attempt to set up some peace talks with the U.S. once we started arriving?
Old 01-17-2006, 04:01 AM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
Murtha....served
Shinseki...served
Zini......served
McCaffrey...served
Cleland....served
Major Ladda Duckworth....served
Tim Wahls...Served
Wesley Clark...Served
John Kerry....served

The list goes on and on.

Cheney....nope
Rumsfeld....nope
Rice....nope
Bush.....um....sort of.
Powell...Served, but either quit in disgust or was fired.

The list goes on and on.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:28 AM

To add a little balance & understanding to the Leftist filth I've put up with for 36 years.

Oh cry me a ****ing river. You act like left leaning individuals have been putting you down your whole life. Grow up, life isn't fair.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Salty
Care to prove this wrong?

Yeah and that means what? Are you seriously trying to tell me that liberals are the only ones that have ever said that a war wasn't right? Each individual has his or her own point of view on a war. Regardless if they are left leaning or right leaning. But what Paul is saying is that Left leaning individuals think the US sucks. And thats total and utter bull****. If we all thought this we wouldn't be living here. What because we disagree with a retarded war, that was pushed on to us by a lie, we suddenly hate the US. He needs to grow up.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 WRX
you're joking right.....how about wwII......we were unjustly attacked by Japan, that in my book constitutes a declaration of war.

who made the US the world police?, and if we are, why don't we stop injustice everywhere, instead of just in oil rich countries (for the most part). I know the argument has been brought up many times before and is not exactly an original idea, but I still have yet to hear an accceptable answer.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:50 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by lojasmo
Murtha....served
Shinseki...served
Zini......served
McCaffrey...served
Cleland....served
Major Ladda Duckworth....served
Tim Wahls...Served
Wesley Clark...Served
John Kerry....served

The list goes on and on.

Cheney....nope
Rumsfeld....nope
Rice....nope
Bush.....um....sort of.
Powell...Served, but either quit in disgust or was fired.

The list goes on and on.

You give Wesley Clark and John Kerry credit but discredit Powell as possibly being fired? Hahahahaha

Wesley Clark got fired and John Kerry was a kiss *** out for medals! You personally claim to have served but never hit the nail on the head on what your experience in uniform should have involved.

Everyone that's ever served here could give you a short list on kissass soldiers that would be put in for a medal they didn't deserve ahead of someone that actually deserved one. Hell, two of them I can think of are still good friends of mine!
Old 01-17-2006, 09:57 AM
VIP Member

Yeah and that means what? Are you seriously trying to tell me that liberals are the only ones that have ever said that a war wasn't right?
More along the lines of our military never being up to their high standards. I think that more liberals than conservatives are prone to feeling this way.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:09 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by Salty
More along the lines of our military never being up to their high standards. I think that more liberals than conservatives are prone to feeling this way.
Honestly Salty, I think that it only seems that way to people that have served. I can only tell you how I feel about it and try to explain it the best way I can. I only have a problem with how the war was started and how it will be finished and how many of our young men and women we are losing over there. I cannot fault the military for doing what it was mandated to do by Congress and the President, now I can fault the President and the Congress (Democratic and Republican) for not having more restraint and trying to get better intelligence on critical issues in the lead up to the Iraq war, when all accounts seem to say that the intelligence was shoddy at best. We should have waited a little bit longer to get more and better intelligence. Maybe we would have realized that Iraq was not really a threat to us and we would be better equipted to deal with the Iran situation that we are running into now. They are much more of a threat to us and the middle east than Iraq has been since the first Gulf war.

Just my .02

BTW, Oaf (Paul) is there a thread with PICS of your new shop? Good luck with that venture, maybe when I get a new STI (c'mon new job) I will cross-country it to Norcal and check out the shop.....

Last edited by SilverScoober02; 01-17-2006 at 10:12 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Wrong Army?