Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Wow I thought the Village Idiot couldn't possible get worse

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 10:45 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
Wow I thought the Village Idiot couldn't possible get worse

don't teach kids safe sex, that is wrong and un-christian!!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=283228
Old 11-25-2004, 11:09 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS(Ti)
[sarcasm] Yeah, when I was a teenager and people told me not to do something I always listened.[/sarcasm]
Old 11-29-2004, 06:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
This is a joke right? What an asinine position.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:34 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
He has a mandate, remember. $131 million to preach morality in a time when we are running out of buyers for US T-Bills...brilliant.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:22 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by BlingBlingBlue
He has a mandate, remember. $131 million to preach morality in a time when we are running out of buyers for US T-Bills...brilliant.
Teaching kids how to have safe sex is basically the governent promoting risky behavior. You can still get many stds while using a condom, though they do significantly reduce the risk. Once you start having sex, you will keep doing it. Many people learn to hate condoms, and that's when the diseases really start to spread. I know from my own and many friends' experiences. It ain't fun waiting for the results of a rash on your nuts or getting an Aids test.

The only way to avoid stds is to avoid sex. What's wrong with telling kids that it's ok not to give in to peer pressure?

I remember kids as far back as junior high pressuring me to do it. If I hadn't been involved in a church and had a good relationship with my parents, I probably would have done it, too.

Many kids don't have good parents or a church steering them straight. What's wrong with educating kids that the only real way to prevent getting a disease is not to screw? It's not like the gov't is telling them they are committing pre-marital sex and are going to burn in hell.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:37 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
kids are going to have sex no matter what.
While its important to note that the only way to stay std free is to be abstinent, i think it's equally important to teach safety to the kids that are going to succumb to their natural urges- regardless of how good their parental relationship is or how much puritanical garbage is mushed in through the still-hardening cracks in their skulls.

People are always going to be having sex, and turning a blind eye to responsible techniqes because it is considered to be promotion of said activity is quite possibly the most pathetic approach possible.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:39 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
What's wrong with sex if it's safe? Nothing, unless you're religious. These people feel they need to impose their morals on everyone else. That is fundamentaly wrong and un-American. The exact wrong thing to do is to tell kids that sex is wrong unless you're married; this is great motivation to give in to your hormones and screw. We all know that just about every parent tells their kids not to have sex. So that parts already there, it doesn't work. We need to teach them how to not get pregnant and not get diseases. If we leave that part out (like Bush wants), kids will still screw...they'll just be forced to drop out of high school 9 months after they do.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:46 AM

The exact wrong thing to do is to tell kids that sex is wrong unless you're married; this is great motivation to give in to your hormones and screw.
When i hit puberty my gave me more condoms than i knew what to do with, therefore nullifying sex as a rebellious act. Kinda disappointing really, as in hindsight i could have tagged a lot of grade A booty out of spite for my parents overbearing and hypocritical ways.
Sadly they were neither, my parents were honest with me, so i never really had a reason to rebel. Telling kids anything is bad when its obviously awesome is a really stupid move.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:54 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by constellation
While its important to note that the only way to stay std free is to be abstinent, i think it's equally important to teach safety to the kids that are going to succumb to their natural urges- regardless of how good their parental relationship is or how much puritanical garbage is mushed in through the still-hardening cracks in their skulls.

People are always going to be having sex, and turning a blind eye to responsible techniqes because it is considered to be promotion of said activity is quite possibly the most pathetic approach possible.
I agree.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:56 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline

I couldn't agree more.

-Chris
Old 11-29-2004, 11:06 AM

Are you trying to be offensive? The only people who don't have an STD by age 30 are the victims of such "puritanical garbage."

If your partner got cirvical cancer, just remember how it was caused by HPV you got on your nuts while you were using a condom.

Yes, kids are going to have sex, but it is in society's best interest to try to slow the spread of deadly diseases. This "everybody does it" attitude is killing thousands of people every year.

Everyone is only worried about HIV... what about HPV that is a precursur to cancer? How about Hepatitus? How about trich that leads to sterility?

If people knew more about the cost of it it might change the mood.

Last edited by HellaDumb; 11-30-2004 at 08:19 PM.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:09 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Wink

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Are you trying to be offensive? The only people who don't have an STD by age 30 are the victims of such "puritanical garbage."

When your wife gets cirvical cancer and dies, just remember how it was caused by HPV you got on your nuts while you were using a condom.

Just because you didn't get laid in HS doesn't mean everyone should't hahahahaha...I know lots of people who had sex in HS, and in college, and are older than 30 now and don't have STDs. It's because they're smart and always protected themselves. It's difficult to get an STD with a condom on...not impossible, but very difficult.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:09 AM

When your wife gets cirvical cancer and dies, just remember how it was caused by HPV you got on your nuts while you were using a condom.
Tasteful.

I don't even know how to respond to somthing that idiotic.

The only people who don't have an STD by age 30 are the victims of such "puritanical garbage."
They are also sometimes victims of unhealthy and unrealistic ideas of sex, and it's place in our world. Is it wrong to assume you are one of those people?

Last edited by constellation; 11-29-2004 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by MVWRX
Just because you didn't get laid in HS doesn't mean everyone should't hahahahaha...I know lots of people who had sex in HS, and in college, and are older than 30 now and don't have STDs. It's because they're smart and always protected themselves. It's difficult to get an STD with a condom on...not impossible, but very difficult.
People don't advertise their STDs, they just pass them on. I guarantee you more of them have diseases than you know.

I did start screwing in HS, and I wish I hadn't. Once you start, you can't stop.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:15 AM

Tasteful.
No, it's not tasteful. Why do you think EVERY woman gets a pap test?

So funny you pretend to be offended after using the term "puritanical garbage."

Last edited by HellaDumb; 11-29-2004 at 11:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Wow I thought the Village Idiot couldn't possible get worse