Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Woman gunned down during protests in Iran

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 03:38 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Don't worry. You is probably already on "the list". Said "list" has surpassed 1 million names btw.

http://www.aclu.org/privacy/spying/w...stcounter.html

IBACLUisonthelist
joe mcarthy said he is a commie
Old 06-24-2009, 03:55 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by R-Dub
I didn't say WHY it was or who's fault it is - just that it is.

The Fertile Crescent has been a cluster**** for hundreds, if not thousands of years - time to hit the big ol' reset button.
I think you missed my point: Iran has not always been ****ed up, as you claimed it was, it only started getting that way in the 1940s and it was because of the U.S. and Britain. Prior to our involvement, Iran was actually a real honest-to-god democracy.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Do you really believe this statement?
When did W kill his own people in the streets?
These protests aside, there are quite a few similarities between Ahmadinejad and Bush. Both appeal to a a hard-line, far-right, religious and conservative base. Both make liberal use of religion as a means of justification of action, both demonize the other culture, etc., etc. In fact, there are more similarities between the two than there are dissimilarities.

Probably the most important difference between the two is that Ahmadinejad is highly intelligent and extraordinarily well educated, which makes him even more dangerous.

I seem to remember that it was Clinton that murdered US citizens for not paying a $200 tax....
?
Old 06-24-2009, 04:31 PM

Car Info: Subaru STI
Do you really believe this statement?
When did W kill his own people in the streets?

I seem to remember that it was Clinton that murdered US citizens for not paying a $200 tax....
First I never said that Georgey boy killed any U.S. citizens, even though he did break a few constitutional rules. And secondly I would love to see your sources for the Clinton murder thing. pm me if you want.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:43 PM

Car Info: STi 07
Crap like this pisses me off. How does a man shoot an unarmed woman in the chest. Piece of crap coward. I most likely will be going to the middle east soon and I hope my guys run into these cowards and show them how woman killing cowards get treated by Marines.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
And he did it from a distant rooftop
Old 06-24-2009, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Subyusmcguy
Crap like this pisses me off. How does a man shoot an unarmed woman in the chest. Piece of crap coward. I most likely will be going to the middle east soon and I hope my guys run into these cowards and show them how woman killing cowards get treated by Marines.
The answer to your question is: religion. When your government is ordained by a god and religion is the most important thing in your life, the lives of other people are relatively unimportant.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:20 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by saqwarrior
These protests aside, there are quite a few similarities between Ahmadinejad and Bush. Both appeal to a a hard-line, far-right, religious and conservative base. Both make liberal use of religion as a means of justification of action, both demonize the other culture, etc., etc. In fact, there are more similarities between the two than there are dissimilarities.

Probably the most important difference between the two is that Ahmadinejad is highly intelligent and extraordinarily well educated, which makes him even more dangerous.

?
One likes coke and ******.
The other does not.

One has a DUI.
The other does not.

One can fly a fighter jet.
The other can not.

They are twins!!

Originally Posted by horsecut54
First I never said that Georgey boy killed any U.S. citizens, even though he did break a few constitutional rules. And secondly I would love to see your sources for the Clinton murder thing. pm me if you want.
You did say they were the same.

Look up Ruby Ridge & Waco.
Both happened under Clinton.
US citizens shot dead and/or burned to death for failure to pay a $200 tax.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:40 PM
Churro Aficionado

wtf...
On August 22, the second day of the siege, the FBI HRT snipers were deployed to the cabin to cover the approach of an armored personnel carrier carrying negotiators to make a surrender callout at the cabin. Before being deployed, the snipers had been given military style rules of engagement that contradicted standard FBI deadly force policy, what some snipers later described as a "green light" to "shoot on sight".[22] Before the negotiators arrived, an FBI HRT sniper, Lon Horiuchi, shot and wounded Randy Weaver in the back with the bullet exiting his right armpit, while he was lifting the latch on the shed to visit the body of his dead son.[23] Then, as Weaver, his 16-year-old daughter Sara,[24] and Harris ran back toward the house, Horiuchi fired a second bullet, which struck passed through Vicki Weaver's head, killing her, and wounded Harris in the chest. Vicki Weaver was standing behind the door through which Harris was entering the house, holding their 10-month-old baby Elisheba[24] in her arms.[25] The Department of Justice Office of Professional Responsibility Ruby Ridge Task Force Report (10 June 1994) stated in section I. Executive Summary subhead B. Significant Findings that the second shot did not satisfy Constitutional standards for legal use of deadly force. That review also found the lack of a request to surrender was "inexcusable", since Harris and the two Weavers were running for cover without returning fire and were not an imminent threat. The task force also specifically blamed Horiuchi for firing through the door, not knowing whether someone was on the other side of it. While controversy exists as to who issued the orders that were being followed by the sniper, the task force also condemned the so-called "rules of engagement" allowing shots to be fired with no request for surrender
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge
Old 06-24-2009, 10:08 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
It's amazing how "brave" some people can be when you give them a pistol and crowd control orders.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:12 PM

The answer to your question is: religion. When your government is ordained by a god and religion is the most important thing in your life, the lives of other people are relatively unimportant.
I say F*CK their religion. Thats BS.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:52 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx sedan
I say F*CK their religion. Thats BS.
you don't blame the religion. It's not the religion's fault for how the few in power twist the meanings and doctor what they believe it should be.......your ignorance saddens me
Old 06-24-2009, 11:25 PM

This is why I wrote that. I think its dumb that someone blames killing people on their religion.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:42 AM
Churro Aficionado

blame game
Old 06-25-2009, 09:45 AM

One likes coke and ******.
The other does not.

One has a DUI.
The other does not.

One can fly a fighter jet.
The other can not.

They are twins!!

You did say they were the same.
True, hah -- although I think you know I meant they were similar in more important ways. But well played, sir.

That's a pretty drastic over-simplification of those two scenarios, not to mention the fact that it was the FBI and ATF that committed those atrocities, not the sitting president. You could say that because it happened under his watch that he was responsible, but that's certainly a stretch when you consider the almost autonomous nature of the FBI, ATF, etc. -- and it's definitely a reach to say that "Clinton killed people" using those examples.

EDIT: Either way, I consider Clinton to be as much of a murderer as any other contemporary president. When you consider the civilian deaths his sanctions on Iraq caused, his hands are at least as bloody as Bush's.

Last edited by saqwarrior; 06-25-2009 at 09:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Woman gunned down during protests in Iran