i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Teh Politics Forum (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/)
-   -   Woman gunned down during protests in Iran (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/woman-gunned-down-during-protests-iran-206075/)

stupidchicken03 06-24-2009 09:43 AM

Woman gunned down during protests in Iran

[QUOTE]The Neda Agha Sultan video has truly touched the world. It isn’t every day that we see a country’s internal political struggles displayed before the entire globe. And to witness the fierce bravery a country’s daughters possess at the face of death is more than news, more than a YouTube video that gets great hits, it is revolutionary history played out before our eyes[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.examiner.com/x-12837-US-Headlines-Examiner~y2009m6d24-Neda-Agha-Sultan-video-that-touched-the-world[/url]

[COLOR="Red"]NWS.. kinda graphic[/COLOR]

[youtube]kNdc8yVFeqw[/youtube]
[youtube]9fVyGo7rZUI[/youtube]

iLoqin 06-24-2009 09:53 AM

Lotsa people have been hurt. I think the youtube site even has a link at the top that shows all the videos that are coming out of the protests, pretty gruesome and unethical stuff.

sigma pi 06-24-2009 09:59 AM

we will see what happens

USA stay out!

stupidchicken03 06-24-2009 10:05 AM

[QUOTE=sigma pi;2648660]we will see what happens

[B]USA stay out[/B]![/QUOTE]

Really tho... I heard Obama was purrrdy pissed about it... now thats all we need :rolleyes:

R-Dub 06-24-2009 10:21 AM

Iran has always been a piece of **** country. Turn it to glass.

iLoqin 06-24-2009 11:07 AM

If the French can come to the 13 Colonies Aid in the revolution. (the colonies actually had weapons) then I don't understand why half of Iran cannot be helped either. They don't even have any weapons.

stupidchicken03 06-24-2009 11:10 AM

[QUOTE=R-Dub;2648680]Iran has always been a piece of **** country. Turn it to glass.[/QUOTE]

from some comedian i heard

"Lets just blow them back to the stone age.... then they will all dance around and yell yay upgrade!"

:lol:

saqwarrior 06-24-2009 11:18 AM

[QUOTE=R-Dub;2648680]Iran has always been a piece of **** country. Turn it to glass.[/QUOTE]

I feel like your historical knowledge of Iran is lacking. Iran started its downward spiral when the United States helped put the Shah dictator in place in the 1940s, and it got worse when the Iranian people decided that they were tired of the U.S.-backed dictator and had a revolution in 1979 that put a unique mix of democracy and religious rule in place. It's a very similar story across much of the Middle East, including places like Afghanistan and Iraq.

R-Dub 06-24-2009 11:35 AM

[quote=stupidchicken03;2648734]from some comedian i heard

"Lets just blow them back to the stone age.... then they will all dance around and yell yay upgrade!"

:lol:[/quote]

Robin Williams - he was referring to Afghanistan.

[quote=saqwarrior;2648745]I feel like your historical knowledge of Iran is lacking. Iran started its downward spiral when the United States helped put the Shah dictator in place in the 1940s, and it got worse when the Iranian people decided that they were tired of the U.S.-backed dictator and had a revolution in 1979 that put a unique mix of democracy and religious rule in place. It's a very similar story across much of the Middle East, including places like Afghanistan and Iraq.[/quote]

I didn't say WHY it was or who's fault it is - just that it is.

The Fertile Crescent has been a cluster**** for hundreds, if not thousands of years - time to hit the big ol' reset button.

newyorkreload 06-24-2009 11:39 AM

[QUOTE=saqwarrior;2648745]I feel like your historical knowledge of Iran is lacking. Iran started its downward spiral when the United States helped put the Shah dictator in place in the 1940s, and it got worse when the Iranian people decided that they were tired of the U.S.-backed dictator and had a revolution in 1979 that put a unique mix of democracy and religious rule in place. It's a very similar story across much of the Middle East, including places like Afghanistan and Iraq.[/QUOTE]

Yeah pretty much.

horsecut54 06-24-2009 11:58 AM

I am not sure what you mean by this. After all the influence of western powers in overthrowing their governments, overthrowing their democratically elected government in stall the Shah, which in turn they overthrew and put in a religious theocracy... Its no wonder why some of them fear more western influence.

But most of the people don't have that bad of lives over there. Why don't you watch the daily show's coverage of Iran that has been going on all week. I bet you will be very surprised to see how your prejudices are unfounded.

And Ameni-mini-me-a-jad, aint that much different from the tyrant president we had for the last 8 years. Both are religious nuts, both don't understand or care to understand the other country, and both are ruled by shadow governments that want nothing more than to have a never ending enemy.

[url]http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=231547&title=Jason-Jones:-Behind-the-Veil---Ayatollah-You-So[/url]

FW Motorsports 06-24-2009 12:17 PM

[QUOTE=horsecut54;2648774]And Ameni-mini-me-a-jad, aint that much different from the tyrant president we had for the last 8 years. Both are religious nuts, both don't understand or care to understand the other country, and both are ruled by shadow governments that want nothing more than to have a never ending enemy.

[url]http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=231547&title=Jason-Jones:-Behind-the-Veil---Ayatollah-You-So[/url][/QUOTE]

Do you really believe this statement?
When did W kill his own people in the streets?

I seem to remember that it was Clinton that murdered US citizens for not paying a $200 tax....

R-Dub 06-24-2009 12:23 PM

[quote=horsecut54;2648774]But most of the people don't have that bad of lives over there. Why don't you watch the daily show's coverage of Iran that has been going on all week. I bet you will be very surprised to see how your prejudices are unfounded.[/quote]

Don't get me wrong - I don't wish harm to the people - but there needs to be an end put to this country's insane dictatorship in the guise of a democracy.

[quote=Paul@dbtuned;2648792]Do you really believe this statement?
When did W kill his own people in the streets?

I seem to remember that it was Clinton that murdered US citizens for not paying a $200 tax....[/quote]

Psh...that man has more skeletons in his closet than the collective world leaders.

stupidchicken03 06-24-2009 12:37 PM

Clinton has some shady stuff.. him and his wife

(hope they dont read this :eek: :p)

Superglue WRX 06-24-2009 02:52 PM

[QUOTE=stupidchicken03;2648812]Clinton has some shady stuff.. him and his wife

(hope they dont read this :eek: :p)[/QUOTE]

Don't worry. You is probably already on "the list". Said "list" has surpassed 1 million names btw.

[url]http://www.aclu.org/privacy/spying/watchlistcounter.html[/url]

IBACLUisonthelist