Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

US status in Iraq?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
US status in Iraq?

Well, looks like we aren't wanted even by the new "pro-US" government we put in there... this happened sooner than even I imagined

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080827/wl_nm/iraq_dc

2015?!?!

They wanted us out of their country in 2010, and WE'RE asking to stay longer!?!

WTF is wrong with this administration...
Old 08-27-2008, 03:52 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
I truly have no idea.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:00 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Over 60 years after we beat the *****, we still have troops in Europe.....
Old 08-28-2008, 10:58 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Over 60 years after we beat the *****, we still have troops in Europe.....
Maybe they want us there?

Iraqi's, well, they've spoken... they don't want us there.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:00 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx @ stage 2
Iraqi's, well, they've spoken... they don't want us there.[/QUOTE]

how do you know have patrolled the streets of baghdad or faluja.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Maybe they want us there?

Iraqi's, well, they've spoken... they don't want us there.
how do you know what they said,have you spoken to the iraqi people.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by colorado_sport
how do you know what they said,have you spoken to the iraqi people.
I trust Khalid al-Ansary the author of the article more than your simple assumption that we are wanted there until proven otherwise by personally interviewing a small segment of the Iraqi population..
Old 08-29-2008, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
I trust Khalid al-Ansary the author of the article more than your simple assumption that we are wanted there until proven otherwise by personally interviewing a small segment of the Iraqi population..
so i guess the answer is no.
i understand that troops need to come home,but at the same time US troops control the bordes of iraq,which in iterns lowers the terorrist activevity in iraq,
the iraq army and iraq police has alot of corruption with in there organisation.
In my opion the only thing that will help iraq is a civil war.

i lost alot of fellow Marines in iaq all of which im proud to call my brothers.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:22 PM

so i guess the answer is no.
i understand that troops need to come home,but at the same time US troops control the bordes of iraq,which in iterns lowers the terorrist activevity in iraq,
the iraq army and iraq police has alot of corruption with in there organisation.
In my opion the only thing that will help iraq is a civil war.

i lost alot of fellow Marines in iaq all of which im proud to call my brothers.
By the way, the answer is also "No" for you, so I guess we'll just have to rely on Khalid al-Ansary who seems to disagree with you assumption that you are right until proven wrong even if your opinion is based on.... well, you haven't mentioned anything backing your opposition to the article. I'm assuming you have nothing more than this flawed logic then.

What makes you think our troops in Iraq is lowering terrorist activities? What does that even quantify as? You think they aren't welcome to camp out in places like Iran or Egypt? We've borrowed billions of dollars from social security and other countries trying to pay for this war. Originally Bush estimated that rebuilding Iraq would cost something over $2 billion dollars of US money. I think he was a little off. We can't afford to stay there, and it's apparent that we aren't wanted there.

It's difficult for me to see why people insist that we should keep spending money and lives on this. No matter where you get your source from on the amount of money we've spend on this war it's still an amazingly high amount. If the US was an actually business, and had borrowed anywhere near this amount of money with this little to show for it in 5 years, it would have gone bankrupt.

It's staggering to see how stubborn this nation can be when it comes to having to admit we should quit.

Last edited by Superglue WRX; 08-29-2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
By the way, the answer is also "No" for you, so I guess we'll just have to rely on Khalid al-Ansary who seems to disagree with you assumption that you are right until proven wrong even if your opinion is based on.... well, you haven't mentioned anything backing your opposition to the article. I'm assuming you have nothing more than this flawed logic then.

What makes you think our troops in Iraq is lowering terrorist activities? What does that even quantify as? You think they aren't welcome to camp out in places like Iran or Egypt? We've borrowed billions of dollars from social security and other countries trying to pay for this war. Originally Bush estimated that rebuilding Iraq would cost something over $2 billion dollars of US money. I think he was a little off. We can't afford to stay there, and it's apparent that we aren't wanted there.

It's difficult for me to see why people insist that we should keep spending money and lives on this. No matter where you get your source from on the amount of money we've spend on this war it's still an amazingly high amount. If the US was an actually business, and had borrowed anywhere near this amount of money with this little to show for it in 5 years, it would have gone bankrupt.

It's staggering to see how stubborn this nation can be when it comes to having to admit we should quit.
You are right the US has spent million and millons dollars,I wont call it a war,Vietnam was a war.Korea was a war. when i compare my 2005 deployment to iraq to my 2007-2008 deployment,iraq has changed there are more schools for kids,electricity im villages,water treatment plants are open so villages have water,places in iraq that had alot of fighting in now calm.Compare my deployments thing are getting better.
Thats not from me reading the news papers or watching the news or surfing the net,Its just what i saw and what i know.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:22 PM

You are right the US has spent million and millons dollars,I wont call it a war,Vietnam was a war.Korea was a war. when i compare my 2005 deployment to iraq to my 2007-2008 deployment,iraq has changed there are more schools for kids,electricity im villages,water treatment plants are open so villages have water,places in iraq that had alot of fighting in now calm.Compare my deployments thing are getting better.
Thats not from me reading the news papers or watching the news or surfing the net,Its just what i saw and what i know.
NOT MILLIONS... BILLIONS. In fact, we average billions per month. Who's gonna pay for all this, because we are spending money we don't have. A point that you don't seem to confront here.

More schools in Iraq is hardly a a return on investment. What about American schools? Don't they seem at least a little more important?

And what you've mentioned are very small successes. Some running water and less fighting. Hardly worthy of a 5 year war and your hard earned commitment and dutiful deployments over there. And as I recall, Vietnam and Korea were total disasters.

I'm glad you sound proud be over there and you feel you're fulfilling your duty and promoting peace, but it's taken too long and too much money. As I'm sure you'd much rather be deployed elsewhere (or maybe not, some people love the idea of being involved with Iraq). If Iraq doesn't have the same vested interests to repair itself as America seems to, something is very wrong. Either way, it's time to stop babysitting over there and have Iraq take responsibility for itself. You should be part of our military, not theirs.

Off topic: Would you mind sharing what branch you serve in and your MOS? There's a few of us active and veteran types on i-club, so I 'm just curious.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:35 PM

USMC active duty im a Bulk Fueler,which is in the engineering field,have never done my MOS,due to the fact it been contracted out to KBR on my tours to iraq iv done security and every thing it contains.worked along side grunts,tanks,eod and every branch im beetween, been in for 5yrs.