Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

U.S. to blame for 50 Iraqi Soldier Deaths

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 09:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
U.S. to blame for 50 Iraqi Soldier Deaths

That's right. It appears that Bush's butt buddy (Allawi) in Iraq blames the recent death of nearly 50 unarmed IRN (Iraqi National Guard) soldiers on 'Great Negligence' on the part of the US led coalition. According to Bush, disagreeing with anything Allawi says is undermining the rebuilding of Iraq, yet I bet Bush still won't admit any mistake here. How can some of you still think things are going well over there?

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...q_041026191134

-Chris
Old 10-27-2004, 08:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
I would have to agree that it's negligence and complacency. There’s no reason why they shouldn’t have been armed in a hot zone. The ambush was also unconventional and near... they all would have been slaughtered even if they had weapons. They were sitting ducks at that road block.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:15 AM

Do you think there commander should take fault for this? If so why don't you think Jr. should take fault for all the major blunders in Iraq?
Old 10-27-2004, 09:28 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Unregistered
Do you think there commander should take fault for this? If so why don't you think Jr. should take fault for all the major blunders in Iraq?
Interesting question and I assume it was directed toward Chris.

I believe this was a command and support issue. If you ask me why I'll tell you but I'm about to take off for work.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:56 AM
VIP Member

No. this one obviously isn't any direct fault of Dubya's. However, if he wants to share in the glory of what is going well in Iraq, shouldn't he have to share some blame for what is not? My main gripe is that he will not own up to the "badness" of this when it is obvious. He tries to imply that Iraq is all sunshine and roses, and than everything is going well there when that obviously isn't true. I don't blame Dubya for everything that goes wrong over there, I just blame him for lieing about it.

-Chris
Old 10-27-2004, 11:14 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by bassplayrr
That's right. It appears that Bush's butt buddy (Allawi) in Iraq blames the recent death of nearly 50 unarmed IRN (Iraqi National Guard) soldiers on 'Great Negligence' on the part of the US led coalition. According to Bush, disagreeing with anything Allawi says is undermining the rebuilding of Iraq, yet I bet Bush still won't admit any mistake here. How can some of you still think things are going well over there?

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...q_041026191134

-Chris
That's just like a liberal to accuse someone else of a crime. So islamic extremists aren't the guilty ones?

So, those who commit murder are not to blame?

That's the typical liberal mentality that makes the cops the bad guys and the criminals the victim.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:18 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
That's just like a liberal to accuse someone else of a crime. So islamic extremists aren't the guilty ones?

So, those who commit murder are not to blame?

That's the typical liberal mentality that makes the cops the bad guys and the criminals the victim.

Are you retarded HellaDumb? Normally I just disagree with you, but on this I just feel sorry for you. I just repeated what Allawi stated. Allawi put the blame on the US coalition... not me. The only negative light I put on the administration was pointing out how Bush will never admit when anything was done wrong. Did you read the article? Allawi specifically states that these deaths were the result of great negligence on the part of the US lead coalition. How is that me putting a liberal spin on things? Of coarse I don't blame the US. Of coarse those that committed the crime the the only ones to blame. I do not agree with Allawi (although our negligence did make it easier). Obviously neither do you. But wasn't it you crazy right wingers that about a month ago said it was undermining to question what Allawi says? If so, looks like you're just as guilty of undermining success in Iraq as any 'dirty liberal.'

-Chris

Last edited by bassplayrr; 10-27-2004 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:21 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by bassplayrr
Are you retarded HellaDumb? Normally I just disagree with you, but on this I just feel sorry for you. I just repeated what Allawi stated. Allawi put the blame on the US coalition... not me. The only negative light I put on the administration was pointing out how Bush will never admit when anything was done wrong. Did you read the article? Allawi specifically states that these deaths were the result of great negligence on the part of the US lead coalition. How is that me putting a liberal spin on things? Of coarse I don't blame the US. Of coarse those that committed the crime the the only ones to blame. I do not agree with Allawi (although our negligence did make it easier). Obviously neither do you. But wasn't it you crazy right wingers that about a month ago said it was undermining to question what Allawi says? If so, looks like you're just as guilty of undermining success in Iraq as any 'dirty liberal.'

-Chris
I didn't mean it as a personal attack to you, but just at the idea of who truly is the bad guy here. You don't see anyone saying how horrible it is for Iraqi muslims to be killed by other muslims, but only how Bush is to blame for it!
Old 10-27-2004, 01:32 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
I didn't mean it as a personal attack to you, but just at the idea of who truly is the bad guy here. You don't see anyone saying how horrible it is for Iraqi muslims to be killed by other muslims, but only how Bush is to blame for it!
That's actually a very good point too.