Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

STFU and help already! (XMAS donation thread)

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 04:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
STFU and help already! (XMAS donation thread)

yes its a x post, so deal with it... conservitive or liberal it dont matter.> STFU and put your money where your mouth is..

Well in whats his face's thread about giving away a sirius install someone posted the following.

Originally Posted by 03Indigo
I think it would be best to send it directly to them....since I am Marco's primary care giver, I don't want them to know I am involved in any gift giving...they have a lot of pride (Native American's, Northern Cheyene Indians from Lame Dear, Montana).

If you can send them a cashier check, that would be even better, as they do not have any checking accounts or bank. They are very poor, and basically have nothing. The family stays at an appartment donated by another family that we used to care for. Pretty much the only thing they have is the one car that his mother drives, the clothes they brought with them, and each other.

If you make out a check, make it to:
Event Lopez.....that is Marco's mother's name. She is a single mother here by herself, with his older sister and younger brother.

Marco is 4 1/2 years old, and he is having a very tough go of it. So anything to make things a little better for the family would be wonderful. I am only hoping Marco get's a chance to get out of the hospital and enjoy it. He has been in the hospital, in the same room since August 12th, 2005....and with all my experience and knowledge, I don't see him going anywhere any time soon, at least not until February or so.

Thanks so much for doing this
So who is in?

I will throw down 30 bucks towards it...

Come on people put your money where your mouth's are...

Another option is that people purchase things and send them directly to the family. Personally this option is not preferred, this family could use money the most (hate to say it). Ideas for such gifts that could be sent directly to the family include;

Pixar DVD's (anything that is intended for small children)
Disney Movies (again child audience)
PlayStation 2 Games (kid themed again)
PSP (for the kid to play in bed)
Laptop (for kids and parents)
Kids Books
Kids software (only if we get the laptop)

Donation Link

Please go to the orginal thread at the following URL to read the updates and ask questions.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23688

so far we have 300 bucks going to this kids family for XMAS, any little bit you can send will help them out. They do not know about this, and we do not plan on telling them anything until they all of a sudden out of the blue start getting things (and a fat check).

For those who are ultra paranoid about scams, rest assured i am legit (you guys should know me by now and some may know what i do for a living) anyways please contribute!

dre

Last edited by dr3d1zzl3; 01-08-2006 at 09:03 AM.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
Sent, I hope they accept it or for that matter get it.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:06 PM
VIP Member

Awesome man, dont worry about them getting it. I am running a bit of a background on the hospital, the point of contact, and of course if i get burned there will be a few feds who get wind of this. They can do what they wish with dude, one thing is for sure A. they dont like scammers. B. they dont like scammers who take advantage of sick kids C. it would be a federal offense dude to the amount of money involved and crossing state lines. D. i may get some of them to donate (can you say insurance?)
Old 12-08-2005, 05:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Sent some for now.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:53 PM
VIP Member

Thanks guys!!!
Old 12-29-2005, 06:44 PM
VIP Member

A very sad update...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...=23777&page=11

Marco passed away on the 27th of Dec...

Old 01-05-2006, 09:14 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Very sad news. Rest in peace little one.