Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Something you'd expect Bush Jr. to do

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 10:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Something you'd expect Bush Jr. to do

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died—an entire town destroyed,"

Obama said it... only 12 people died. haha
Old 05-09-2007, 09:10 AM

Car Info: '97 Legacy
Talk about exageration......

link to story?
Old 05-09-2007, 10:58 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Obama overstates Kan. tornado deaths
Democratic presidential hopeful says ‘10,000 people died’ instead of 10
The Associated Press
Updated: 4:40 a.m. PT May 9, 2007
RICHMOND, Va. - Barack Obama, caught up in the fervor of a campaign speech, drastically overstated the Kansas tornadoes death toll, saying 10,000 had died.

The death toll was 12.

“In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died — an entire town destroyed,” the Democratic presidential candidate said Tuesday in a speech to 500 people packed into a sweltering Richmond art studio for a fundraiser.

Obama mentioned the disaster in Greensburg, Kan., in saying he had been told by the office of Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius that the state’s National Guard had been depleted by its commitment to the Iraq War.

“Turns out that the National Guard in Kansas only had 40 percent of its equipment and they are having to slow down the recovery process in Kansas,” Obama said, his shirt sleeves rolled up and his head glistening with sweat.

As the Illinois senator concluded his remarks a few minutes later, he appeared to realize his gaffe.

“There are going to be times when I get tired,” he said. “There are going to be times when I get weary. There are going to be times when I make mistakes.”

Obama spokesman Bill Burton said later that the senator meant to say “at least 10,” instead of 10,000.

During his speech, Obama stirred the crowd as he often does by skewering President Bush over the unpopular war and noting that he opposed it from the outset.

“How could we have been involved in a war that never should have been authorized, that has already cost us half a trillion dollars,” Obama said.

It was Obama’s third visit to Virginia’s capital in eight months. It came as national polls show him trailing rival Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton by double digits.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18564159/
Old 05-09-2007, 11:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by spedmunki
Talk about exageration......

link to story?
Haha yeah... a well spoken, educated black man for the Democrat party... must have been sensationalism.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:47 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Actually I would expect Bush to not realize his mistake in the same speech and correct himself. At least Obama can admit he made a mistake, unlike Bush.

I bet if you were in that crowd and you heard that though you'd be like "Holy ****!!!"
Old 05-09-2007, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
Actually I would expect Bush to not realize his mistake in the same speech and correct himself.
Reading comprehension much?
His spokesman was the closest Obama ever came to correcting his gaff.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:42 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Reading comprehension much?
His spokesman was the closest Obama ever came to correcting his gaff.
I really didn't think your name was that indicitive of how you thought until now...

What does this sentance mean to you?

As the Illinois senator concluded his remarks a few minutes later, he appeared to realize his gaffe.

“There are going to be times when I get tired,” he said. “There are going to be times when I get weary. There are going to be times when I make mistakes.”

Admitting that he made a mistake and is going to make mistakes. Something Bush will never say in his lifetime.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:42 AM

I really didn't think your name was that indicitive of how you thought until now...

Admitting that he made a mistake and is going to make mistakes. Something Bush will never say in his lifetime.
Are you saying that is some new Clinton-esque form of admission?:funnypost:
You must be kidding me.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:44 AM

Are you saying that is some new Clinton-esque form of admission?:funnypost:
You must be kidding me.

What does, "Obama spokesman Bill Burton said later that the senator meant to say “at least 10,” instead of 10,000" mean to you:character0074: