Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Do you expect anything to happen at the RNC? UPDATE: My predictions & betting pool.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 08:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Talking Do you expect anything to happen at the RNC? UPDATE: My predictions & betting pool.

The Republican National Committee is only two weeks away (August 29-September 2, 2004) and I’m wondering if you expect anything negative to happen?

We have many anarchist groups (and other groups http://www.counterconvention.org/) making themselves know to NYC officials. We also know the RNC Not Welcome group will be making a large appearance in an effort to make themselves heard, block traffic etc.

Will there be a big powwow that nobody cares about outside the RNC's doors -or- will they actually do something worth their effort, plane tickets, hotel rooms and time in NYC?

Here's my point... unless they actually do something powerful, hateful or groundbreaking to Bush and the RNC (that makes the news or airwaves), they won't be heard. If they do attempt to grow a pair of ***** they'll make themselves look foolish, immature and contradicting in nature.

There will be Anti-Bush, Republican and Government groups along side those individuals that are dedicated enough to attend the RNC for the Republican/Bush cause. So won't these two groups cancel themselves out making the protests absolutely pointless outside a few block radius?

Maybe they'll convince the a group of hotdog vendors that can't speak a lick of English and are unable to cast a vote, or perhaps a disgruntled Mother trying to put her baby down for a nap over the protestor's loud speakers?!
Old 08-15-2004, 08:16 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Salty
...I’m wondering if you expect anything negative to happen?...
One can only hope.

But seriously, the GOP represents me as much as the Socalists do. The same garbage will be spewed forth, instead of the real issues.
Terrorism this, Kerry that, Economy this, blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Alas, yet another election that my vote will not count.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:28 PM
VIP Member

In addition to what I’ve written above, here's my take on the anticipated protests at the RNC in 3 days...

I ultimately believe this can only backfire against the Democrats...

The estimated "million+ marchers" (which will probably be no more than 100k) will likely show their adolescent stupidity, hatred and violence, much to the distaste of Middle-America as they grumble “damn kids and their MTV…”. As a result of these "peace protest" actions, undecided voters will conclusively decide for Bush as a result.

Mark my words... Once that first brick is thrown through the glass of that privately owned store-front (or any other act of civil disobedience is displayed) by one of these punk "anarchists", they’ll be helping to cast a vote for Bush straight out of suburbia.

Furthermore, people across the country are still very pro FDNY and NYPD. It’ll only hurt their cause more if pictures surface in Middle-American newspapers of these protesters fighting with -or- trying to disrupt this countries "finest & bravest”.

***I’m willing to wager some beer money on the ‘million moron march’ having zero effect for the Bush administration -and- negative repercussions on the Democrats’ cause***

Any takers?
Old 08-26-2004, 01:34 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
In addition to what I’ve written above, here's my take on the anticipated protests at the RNC in 3 days...

I ultimately believe this can only backfire against the Democrats...

The estimated "million+ marchers" (which will probably be no more than 100k) will likely show their adolescent stupidity, hatred and violence, much to the distaste of Middle-America as they grumble “damn kids and their MTV…”. As a result of these "peace protest" actions, undecided voters will conclusively decide for Bush as a result.

Mark my words... Once that first brick is thrown through the glass of that privately owned store-front (or any other act of civil disobedience is displayed) by one of these punk "anarchists", they’ll be helping to cast a vote for Bush straight out of suburbia.

Furthermore, people across the country are still very pro FDNY and NYPD. It’ll only hurt their cause more if pictures surface in Middle-American newspapers of these protesters fighting with -or- trying to disrupt this countries "finest & bravest”.

***I’m willing to wager some beer money on the ‘million moron march’ having zero effect for the Bush administration -and- negative repercussions on the Democrats’ cause***

Any takers?

Funny thing is I bet what you just wrote perfectly captures the sentiments of people.... in the 60s. You may not believe in protests, but it is the right of every American to do so.

Million moron march? Ever heard of the Freedom Riders? What a bunch of morons!! To think that their voices would be heard
Old 08-26-2004, 01:47 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dub2w
Funny thing is I bet what you just wrote perfectly captures the sentiments of people.... in the 60s.
Are you kidding me?

This is how a majority of Americans have felt since the 60's till present!

If you think people are going to enjoy the presence of 100,000 punk kids from the Nintendo Generation in downtown NYC and think the majority cares about their opinion(s), then you're sadly mistaken.

You may not believe in protests, but it is the right of every American to do so.
Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah...

Name:  captainobvious.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  14.3 KB

Thanks for missing my point, going on a tangent & teaching me something I learned in elementary school *sigh*
Old 08-26-2004, 01:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
i hope someone develops and releases a nano machine that deconstructs molecules of republicans only... leacing everythign else intact..

THen once they are done self replicating swarm of nano machiens will target democrats and after that corruption in general...
Old 08-26-2004, 02:00 PM

Here's my point... unless they actually do something powerful, hateful or groundbreaking to Bush and the RNC (that makes the news or airwaves), they won't be heard. If they do attempt to grow a pair of ***** they'll make themselves look foolish, immature and contradicting in nature.

But here's your point! It sounds like you dont put much faith into protests. Most people dont.

So go pack up your captian obvious parachute and practice jumping off your roof to re-live your glory years
Old 08-26-2004, 02:04 PM
VIP Member

So go pack up your captian obvious parachute and practice jumping off your roof to re-live your glory years
See 3rd post when I wrote the following:

...will likely show their adolescent stupidity...
You seem to have a running start on that criterion. You don't happen to have a plane ticket to NYC in the next couple days, do you?
Old 08-26-2004, 02:08 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
If you think people are going to enjoy the presence of 100,000 punk kids from the Nintendo Generation in downtown NYC and think the majority cares about their opinion(s), then you're sadly mistaken.
Salty, you sound like an old man. Jesus christ....
Old 08-26-2004, 02:08 PM

Yep... Im gonna parachute in!

Got any pointers??
Old 08-26-2004, 02:11 PM

And here is my army of Dead head bears :banana:

Old 08-26-2004, 02:16 PM
VIP Member

Yep... Im gonna parachute in!

Got any pointers??
Sure…

Keep your knees slightly bent with your feet together and your fourth point of contact generously lubed for all the other protestors to enjoy!

You shouldn't have any problem fitting in, dub2w!
Old 08-26-2004, 02:26 PM

oh yeah, cause all liberals are gay! i forgot!!

p.s.
your fourth point of contact generously lubed
Ahhhh... so that is what a Sisqocock is
Old 08-26-2004, 02:42 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
Northwestern Salty (sawl-tee) ~ :

Much like the individuals who let highschool define their lives, dissapointed to find that they are just another cog in the wheel after graduation - the northwestern salty is commonly found living in the dwindling afterglow of a military career full of pride and self-importance. However, upon leaving the corp, the salty is dissapointed to find a world where military symbolism and dogma mean, quite literally, "jack-squat" to the average joe. Therefore, it frequents internet forums in an attempt to rebuild the rug that was pulled out from underneath it, and instead finds an entire community of people who let the military define who they were and are stuggling with the fact that without the military they are nothing - Just like the rest of us. It's a hard slap to the face for the common salty, as it had been used to looking down its nose at the common folk, so it compensates for the emptiness and wothlessness it feels by holding it over their heads. Acclomplishments are all relative, and who you were is irrelevant. If you're an *******, hey you're an *******.
And salty, you get this weeks ******* award.
Congrats!
Old 08-26-2004, 02:52 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by constellation
Northwestern Salty (sawl-tee) ~ :

Much like the individuals who let highschool define their lives, dissapointed to find that they are just another cog in the wheel after graduation - the northwestern salty is commonly found living in the dwindling afterglow of a military career full of pride and self-importance. However, upon leaving the corp, the salty is dissapointed to find a world where military symbolism and dogma mean, quite literally, "jack-squat" to the average joe. Therefore, it frequents internet forums in an attempt to rebuild the rug that was pulled out from underneath it, and instead finds an entire community of people who let the military define who they were and are stuggling with the fact that without the military they are nothing - Just like the rest of us. It's a hard slap to the face for the common salty, as it had been used to looking down its nose at the common folk, so it compensates for the emptiness and wothlessness it feels by holding it over their heads. Acclomplishments are all relative, and who you were is irrelevant. If you're an *******, hey you're an *******.
And salty, you get this weeks ******* award.
Congrats!
How does any of the above relate to this topic? I never mentioned anything about military etc...

I present a decent argument and prediction regarding the protests of RNC and you guys attack me with "that's how they thought in the 60's", "free speech, free speech, free speech, free speech" and animated .gif's?

All you guys had to do was give a prediction to what you tought could possibly happen, not educate me on a 1st amendment right I learned in social studies.

Quick Reply: Do you expect anything to happen at the RNC? UPDATE: My predictions & betting pool.