Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Separation of Church & State!?!? Only if it's Christianity

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 05:58 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Separation of Church & State!?!? Only if it's Christianity

WTF!?!?!

Where's the ACLU on this!?!

Originally Posted by World Daily Net article
Airport adds foot basins for Muslim cabbies...

...The controversial Muslim lobby group advises employers to allow Muslim workers time to perform both the washing ritual and prayer, which "is usually about 15 minutes," according to a pamphlet CAIR publishes called, "An Employer's Guide to Islamic Religious Practices."

The Islamic purification ritual, known in Arabic as "wudu," involves a 10-step process, which includes:

1. Praising Allah while washing both hands up to the wrist three times, making sure that the water reaches between fingers and under rings.
2. Rinsing out the mouth thoroughly three times, using the right hand (the one not used for cleaning private parts) to bring the water to the mouth.

3. Snorting water into the nostrils from the right hand, three times, to cleanse them of demons that Muslims believe reside there, clearing the passages of any mucous using the left hand.

4. Washing off the tip of the nose with the left hand.

5. Washing the entire face three times from right ear to left ear.

6. Continuing to wash from forehead to throat.

7. Washing the right arm and then the left arm, three times, from the wrist up to the elbow, removing watches.

8. Moving wetted palms over the head from the top of the forehead to the back of the head.

9. Passing the wetted tips of the fingers into the grooves and holes of both ears, and also passing the wetted thumbs behind the ears and ear lobes.

10. Finally, washing both feet to the ankles starting with the right foot, including between the toes, then reciting: "Ash-hadu an la ilaha illal lahu wa ashhadu anna Muammadan 'abduhu wa rasuluh" – meaning there is no god but Allah and he has no partners, and Muhammad is his servant and messenger.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:50 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
What are you getting at? We allow Christians to pray any time they want at work, school, whatever. The problem, and where issues are raised, is when Christian prayer is forced on school children or when Christian plaques and such are placed on government buildings. This thread is assinine; nothing you posted shows any 'favoritism' by the government or any other establishment towards or against any religion.

I know you don't like Muslims, but at least try to make your argument coherant.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:05 PM

Car Info: '97 Legacy
they are not being forced or influenced by the govt....therefore there is no seperation of power problem
Old 04-30-2007, 07:08 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by MVWRX
What are you getting at? We allow Christians to pray any time they want at work, school, whatever. The problem, and where issues are raised, is when Christian prayer is forced on school children or when Christian plaques and such are placed on government buildings. This thread is assinine; nothing you posted shows any 'favoritism' by the government or any other establishment towards or against any religion.

I know you don't like some Muslims, but at least try to make your argument coherant.
Fixed.

Argument is crystal...gov't $$$ is being spent to favor a religion...a religion that hates the US...and yet nothing from the ACLU, et al.
Name a gov't blding that has a Jewish temple, a Catholic church, etc in it?
Did you read the article..."The Council on American-Islamic Relations has pressed government agencies and businesses to install the foot basins in restrooms. "

Last edited by FW Motorsports; 04-30-2007 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:19 PM

Car Info: '97 Legacy
so when the airports allow televagenlists to hold seminars in airports that is fine?
Old 04-30-2007, 07:28 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by spedmunki
so when the airports allow televagenlists to hold seminars in airports that is fine?
No, cause those telepreachers are just criminal.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:05 PM

If the money is actually coming from the gov't, then that's wrong. It looks to me like it's private money being spent, and the washing benches or basins or whatever are on private property. If cabbies want that where they work, then why not...
I don't see any church/state overlaps here. Trust me when I say I dislike all religions very equally.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
I dont like that they get the time to do all that stuff. I am going to sit at my desk for 10 minutes each hour and do absolutely nothing, then go take a smoke break for 10 minutes. Then I will need to wash my hands from smoking so I can get 25 minutes an hour excused from working.

Not sure if its church and state, but Airports are pretty much federal land so I would have to say yes it is church and state.

they should have to follow the same rules and use the same stuff as everyone else.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:54 AM

If you asked for 10 minutes off work to pray and light candels everyday, your employer would comply just as in this situation. Freedom of smoking and wasting time is not in the constitution, freedom of religion is.