Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

This is ridiculous...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 09:25 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Thumbs down This is ridiculous...

I'm assuming this is for the election that hasn't happened yet, not 2000.

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20...3332-5663r.htm

Democrats file 9 suits in Florida

Democrats in Florida already are pursuing nine election-related lawsuits, accusing state election officials of conspiring to disenfranchise minority voters.
Led by the Florida Democratic Party, the People for the American Way, the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees and the AFL-CIO, the lawsuits target, among others, Florida Secretary of State Glenda Hood, who was appointed by Republican Gov. Jeb Bush, President Bush's brother.
The suits say Republican officials refused to count provisional ballots, improperly disqualified incomplete voter registrations, established overly restrictive rules to disproportionately hurt minority voters and actively sought to disenfranchise blacks.
Maybe they should be suing the USPS instead? Just a thought seeing it's already happened...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...home-headlines
Old 10-27-2004, 09:52 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Yeah Salty, man- those ninney pu***y democrats should just roll over and forget about voting, who cares if their votes get counted?

"There are 3 kinds of people in the world...."
Old 10-27-2004, 11:09 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
'The suits say Republican officials refused to count provisional ballots, improperly disqualified incomplete voter registrations, established overly restrictive rules to disproportionately hurt minority voters and actively sought to disenfranchise blacks.'

If this is true they have every right to sue. This has already happened once, so they see if they don't sue it will just be allowed to happen again. If this proves not to be true, then they will lose the suite... the end. I'm confused as to what's so unbelievable for suing for very valid reasons.

-Chris
Old 10-27-2004, 12:32 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
I offer up to those Floridians who feel disenfranchised the same advice one of my fellow i-clubbers offered to me regarding my disdain for the DPRK...

MOVE!
Old 10-27-2004, 12:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by Oaf
I offer up to those Floridians who feel disenfranchised the same advice one of my fellow i-clubbers offered to me regarding my disdain for the DPRK...

MOVE!

But they'll likely have the same responce as you, which was a very valid one. I have lived in the Bay my entire life. I can't stand how much everything costs here, the traffic, etc., yet I don't plan on moving because this is my home. Running isn't the answer.

-Chris
Old 10-27-2004, 12:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by Oaf

MOVE!
Well Oaf you aren't moving from DPRK so why should they? Probably have the same reasons for not moving as you do. Either way if that stuff is happening then they should sue and win. If it is proven false then they will lose the suit. That is the atmosphere in America nowadays anyways. SUE SUE SUE....

The difference is that what is allegedly happening in Florida is illegal wheras you not liking the state in which your state of residence is in is just your opinion and nothing else. They shouldn't have to move because of illegal activities and by the same token you shouldn't have to leave because of your opinion on state matters.

Side note - Before I knew what PRK stood for I thought you lived in "the People's Republic of Korea" LOL