Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Recent Edwards speech in Wisconsin has made voters furious.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 02:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Recent Edwards speech in Wisconsin has made voters furious.

I would be furious too after reading this! Name:  furious.gif
Views: 10
Size:  10.3 KB

Thank you!

Thank you all so much for that warm welcome. It's wonderful to be back in the great state of Wisconsin. Yessiree bob.

I want to thank the good people at Krueger Dairy here in New Glarus for permitting me to visit your terrific cheese factory and stir the whey a little. And thanks very much for this complimentary Krueger Dairy T-shirt. Here, look, I'm putting it on over my shirt and tie. Oh, there's a cap? I'll put that ****er on, too! Cheeese!

Thanks! Thanks so much for laughing at that—and the cheese pun! Just injecting a little humor into the proceedings, because you "regular folks" eat that **** up! The polls say voters want optimism, not analysis. Well, I really want to be your vice president, so I'm more than willing to avoid all that intellectual mumbo-jumbo. My fellow Americans, you want to see some ****ing optimism? Let's go! By the time I'm through here, you'll be ****ting candy canes! Chim chim cheree!

Any blue-collar laborers out there? Wow! A lot of hands! Well, line up for your complimentary ***-kiss! You keep this country strong! Now, I think you deserve better than what you've received from the present administration, but I won't be a Negative Nelly and go into all the details. I'm at a cheese factory, for Christ's sake, not some goddamn international symposium on economic policy. You probably all want to go home and watch TV. I'll just briefly mention that, as the son of a humble textile-mill worker from North Carolina, I understand the challenges average Americans face. I won't elaborate, though. What is this, the "culture wars"? Ha! Know what? I love watching TV, too! Law & Order, Friends... I eat that **** up.

And how about my middle-class people? Any middle-class people out there? Hey! Who's gonna be your next vice president? All right! Let's hear it for pot bellies and minivans and stinky disposable diapers! How about a shout-out to credit-card debt? I love it! I wish I could pinch your chubby little chipmunk cheeks! If you put John Kerry and me in the White House, we'll have each one of you in the driver's seat of a brand-new SUV. Your bosses will be less cranky, your children will be kept in trucker hats and iPods, and your TV screens will grow even wider. Those who are bald will wake up one morning and magically find themselves with thick heads of luxurious, silky hair. You'll open your refrigerators and 15-pound hams will tumble out. Your dog might even start to talk, and the first thing he'll say is "I love you." It'll be that good.

Did I mention... the tax cut? John Kerry and I support a nice, big, fat, ****ing tax cut for you, because let's face it, nothing good can ever come from taxes. They're a big pain in the ***! We'll do fine without 'em! There! I'm feeling so cheery, I wouldn't be surprised if a friggin' unicorn stepped out on stage and started humpin' my leg!

Say, anybody out there a fan of... the Green Bay Packers? All right! Cool!

God bless this wonderful country! As I travel across this great and glorious land of ours, my belief in America is continuously renewed. Not that it ever needs to be renewed, as it is always high. Incredibly high! I should add that John Kerry and I will keep America strong. I won't bore you with a bunch of ****ing specifics. Just know that, should you elect John Kerry, we'll be able to bounce a goddamn quarter off our border! We'll have big impenetrable gates made of gumdrops and, I don't know, gold. Whatever the ****! And they'll magically slide open when someone pure of heart approaches and says, "Let me back in, America! My Caribbean cruise was nice, but there's no place like home!"

Oh, that reminds me! God bless our troops in Iraq! They have served America bravely and well. If elected, John Kerry and I will work with the international community to rid the world of terrorism. In fact, come next Christmas, our young men and women will be back home, wearing bright red sweaters with reindeer and bells on the front. That might seem like an impossibly tall order, but just a few years ago, I was an unknown trial lawyer. Now, I'm running for the second-highest office in this great land! I'm smiling so wide, the top of my head might fall off!

Wow! Look at the time! Well, I have to hop a jet to Florissant, Missouri to address some more patriots. Thank you so, so much for giving me the opportunity to speak to you all! It's been super! Let's work together to pave the way for a big, bright, beautiful ****ing future for America, all right? So all the world can once again say, "Hey, where's that warm, golden glow coming from? Why, it's coming from the U.S. of A., where ***** are thick, **** are perky, and sunbeams shine out of everyone's asses!"

http://www.theonion.com/opinion/index.php?issue=4041

Last edited by Salty; 10-13-2004 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:13 PM
VIP Member

Good one! How bout this one?

GREENSBORO, NC—In an announcement that has alarmed voters across the nation, Vice President Dick Cheney said Monday that he will personally attack the U.S. if Sen. John Kerry wins the next election.

Above: Cheney issues a warning to Greensboro, NC voters.

"If the wrong man is elected in November, the nation will come under a devastating armed attack of an unimaginable magnitude, one planned and executed by none other than myself," Cheney said, speaking at a rally in Greensboro, NC. "When they go to the polls, Americans must weigh this fact and decide if our nation can ignore such a grave threat."

Added Cheney: "It would be a tragedy to suffer another attack on American soil, let alone one perpetrated by an enemy as well-organized and well-equipped as I am. My colleagues and I urge voters to keep their safety in mind when they go to the polls."

Although Cheney would not comment on the details of his proposed attack on a John Kerry-led U.S., national-security experts said he possesses both the capabilities and the motivation to pose a serious threat.

"There is no question that Cheney has the financial assets and intelligence needed to pose a threat to our nation," said Peter Bergen, terrorism researcher and author of Threats And Balances: Former Executive Branch Officials And The Danger To America. "After all, this fanatic can call upon the resources of both the Republican Party and Halliburton to aid him in his assault. America would be foolish not to take his warning seriously."

After his speech, Cheney was asked to confirm his remarks.

"Make no mistake: If Kerry becomes president, no one will be safe from me," Cheney told reporters. "Businesses, places of worship, schools, public parks: No place will offer you refuge. A vote for Kerry is a vote to die in your own bed at the hands of Dick Cheney."

Stepping up to the podium after Cheney, Secretary of Homeland Security Tom Ridge vowed to increase surveillance of the vice president.

"Wherever Cheney is—whether in his office in the White House or stumping in battleground states—we will be watching him," Ridge said. "I will not rule out raising the terror-alert level, should Kerry begin to draw ahead in the polls. Every percentage point conceded to Kerry brings the nation under greater threat of attack by Cheney."
http://www.theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4041
Old 10-13-2004, 02:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Nice thread hijack!

At least give the original thread content a chance to make it out the door!
Old 10-13-2004, 02:22 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Salty
Nice thread hijack!

At least give the original thread content a chance to make it out the door!
lol, sorry bro, you just made me laugh, so I was trying to return the favor
Old 10-13-2004, 02:22 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Actually, that second post makes this a BIPARTISON THREAD!!! Yeah for i-club, partison politics has no place here hahahahahahahaha.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:29 PM

Car Info: Stock Legacy Turbo Wagon Silver
I wonder if this forum will still be buzzing a few weaks after the elections?
Old 10-13-2004, 02:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by deyes
I wonder if this forum will still be buzzing a few weaks after the elections?
For a little while we will be b1tching about who did or did not win. Then I think it will largely be dead with occasion threads on current events.

-Chris
Old 10-13-2004, 03:11 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
no way, after bushcheney inc. steal this one we'll have stuff to b1tch about too no end!

Last edited by psoper; 10-13-2004 at 03:12 PM. Reason: b1
Old 10-14-2004, 05:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
I'll be here because it is addicting like crack! :banana: