Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Edwards Stem Cell Vision

Old 10-12-2004, 05:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Edwards Stem Cell Vision

http://www.drudgereport.com/

Edwards Stem Cell Vision: 'We will stop juvenile diabetes, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and other debilitating diseases... When John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going get up out of that wheelchair and walk again.' Edwards made the unprecedented campaign promises during 30-minute speech at Newton High School gym in Newton, Iowa...
Mark my words... If Kerry is elected and ALL the following isn't satisfied during his 4yr term, I'm not going to let any of your hear the end of it...

If he performs Jesus-like acts in front of a live audience without covering all the bases I’ll be the first one to say, "IMPEACH KERRY-EDWARDS!11!!!!! Where's the cure for Parkinson's?! My Granfather demands answers!!111!!!one!11" That is all...
Old 10-12-2004, 06:10 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
Mark my words... If Kerry is elected and ALL the following isn't satisfied during his 4yr term, I'm not going to let any of your hear the end of it...
jesus salty, every president promises all sorts of outlandish isth. shutup for
christs sake.

stem cell research is awesome, powerful stuff - hopefully they go further with it - but to say within 4 years? no, but they may open the door for those kind of breakthroughs.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:16 PM

Didn't Bush say he wasn't going to be a nation builder during his first campaign?

Stem cell is, not to sound corney, the wave of the future in terms of medicine. This is the future. You can try to stop it but eventually other countries will pick up where the US couldn't.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:42 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by constellation
jesus salty, every president promises all sorts of outlandish isth. shutup for
christs sake.

stem cell research is awesome, powerful stuff - hopefully they go further with it - but to say within 4 years? no, but they may open the door for those kind of breakthroughs.
I realize President’s promise all sorts of outlandish "isth" and I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to limit my free speech by telling me to "shut up for christs sake."

I realize stem-cell research has a great deal of benefits but if they don't accomplish everything they said within 4yrs, they're liars like Bush. I'm deciding to be the ******* here and take the extreme so hear me out...

Here's my point... The CIA has claimed they're still searching for WMDs in Iraq and also suggest it may be an "impossible feat" even though they have a lot of unearthed area to sift through (see CIA testimony). Not too long ago everyone was complaining how we hadn't found WMD. The "no WMD" madness literally blew-up the day after Saddam's statue fell on April 9th, 2003. OIF was in it's beginning stages and people were already jumping on the WMD bandwagon.

Keep in mind this was before members of the GOP came forward with claims regarding little evidence with WMDs in Iraq. We really don't know why those that came forward did so... maybe they were planning to abandon ship, maybe they convinced themselves they were wrong, maybe there wasn't any evidence whatsoever! It doesn't matter in this case because like Edwards, Bush made a public claim without legitimate knowledge in said field. Kerry and Edwards don't have medical degrees so they have no idea what they're capable of regarding stem cell research. Likewise, Bush made some claims regarding WMD he shouldn't have -and- ended up biting his tongue.

Here's the catch though... we don't have a solid grasp on either one! If Kerry-Edwards don't gain any ground in their 4 yr term (less time Bush had for Iraq) that doesn't mean they weren't on the right track when they find the cure(s)twenty years later. Even though there's no evidence of WMD stockpiles there's no telling what can be dug up in that same twenty years. It makes no difference if GOP members came forward or not because they don’t know either.

I know that they're different in essence, but when you break them down into their basic components they're the same. As we speak there's an individual that will be voting for Kerry because he just got diagnosed with any of the above diseases. If Kerry and Edwards don't satisfy their part of the bargain then that person may cry on his/her death bed years later... it's a big deal.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:01 PM
VIP Member

For the record: I am in full support of Stem-cell research, constellation. My brother is handicapped and could benefit from the research. You failed to see they point which I addressed in the second post.

If Kerry-Edwards don't fulfill their end of the bargain do you think I’ll whine? Absolutely not! I refuse to jump on that bandwagon.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
I can see where you are coming from Salty. However, the glaring difference is that if Kerry/Edwards fall through with their goal, 1,000+ otherwise healthy people won't lose their lives for false pretenses.

-Chris
Old 10-13-2004, 08:43 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
and I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to limit my free speech by telling me to "shut up for christs sake."
LOL, yeah, thats what i was doing - trying to limit your free speech. You know salty, i know you're the big moderator in this loneley corner of i-club, but do you ever think you may be taking yourself a little too seriously? This thread is groundbreaking in its pointlessness. You have nearly 8 paragraphs of NOTHING, and while I appreciate your attempts at getting some conversation going, you have to try a little harder than this. Quality, not quantity!

"oh yeah constellation, well if maybe you weren't so pointless we could have a point....blah blah blah".

You failed to see they point which I addressed in the second post.
What second post? The post you made after i posted? You're damn right i missed that point - BECAUSE IT HADN'T BEEN MADE YET!

*sigh*
Old 10-13-2004, 08:55 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Salty
If he performs Jesus-like acts in front of a live audience without covering all the bases I’ll be the first one to say, "IMPEACH KERRY-EDWARDS!11!!!!! Where's the cure for Parkinson's?! My Granfather demands answers!!111!!!one!11" That is all...
I guess, we could hold you to that statement then about the current president? He promised a lot of things that he hasn't delivered on. Are you crying "IMPEACH BUSH-CHENEY!!!"

The hypocrisy runs rampant with you Salty.

I love how people are already doing this sort of thing with Kerry and Edwards. They are impeaching them for not following through with election promises before the election hasn't even taken place yet. It just goes to show how much people like Salty buy into the propaganda that the GOP spreads. It takes the focus off of their candidates HORRIBLE record and puts it on the opponent.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:18 AM
VIP Member

Listen, the initial post had nothing to do with my “GOP propaganda” and Chris seemed to pick-up on my motive & sarcasm. Hint: You're usually being sarcastic when your end with a series of exclamation points and "1's"...

I'm not buying into anything either because i'm smarter than that. Why can't you guys ever see the point in anything I say and try to make a half-way decent conversation about it? I set-up the first post which lead to constellation's first post (which I predicted). I also predicted Chris' rebuttal and had an interesting answer for him in my pocket but, no. Nevermind... I’m going to go shoot my .45 in the air and kill me some ***gots.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by Salty
Listen, the initial post had nothing to do with my “GOP propaganda” and Chris seemed to pick-up on my motive & sarcasm. Hint: You're usually being sarcastic when your end with a series of exclamation points and "1's"...

I'm not buying into anything either because i'm smarter than that. Why can't you guys ever see the point in anything I say and try to make a half-way decent conversation about it? I set-up the first post which lead to constellation's first post (which I predicted). I also predicted Chris' rebuttal and had an interesting answer for him in my pocket but, no. Nevermind... I’m going to go shoot my .45 in the air and kill me some ***gots.
Wait... did I just indirectly get called a ***got? Man is my girlfriend gonna be pissed when she finds out I'm a ***got!!!!!!!!1!111!!1one
Old 10-13-2004, 10:33 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bassplayrr
Wait... did I just indirectly get called a ***got? Man is my girlfriend gonna be pissed when she finds out I'm a ***got!!!!!!!!1!111!!1one
Exactly.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:27 PM

Car Info: Stock Legacy Turbo Wagon Silver
They will just blame Republicans in congress and the senate if they don't produce a miracle cure for aids.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:40 PM

er??!? Miracle cure for aids from stem cell?! What the hell? Did you bother reading Salty's post? He was being sarcastic but you missed the whole point, well not all of it.....
Old 10-13-2004, 12:50 PM

Car Info: Stock Legacy Turbo Wagon Silver
Wink

I too was being sarcastic.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:14 PM

Ok i stand corrected I appoligize

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Edwards Stem Cell Vision