Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Politics Suck. A rant by deyes.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 01:05 PM

Car Info: Stock Legacy Turbo Wagon Silver
Politics Suck. A rant by deyes.

Do you ever get the feeling that no one is telling you the truth or at least the whole truth? Am I the only one that looks at both parties and has no idea what to believe?

Am I the only person that sees welfare in its current state as amounting to the purchasing of votes? As an addiction that is doing more harm than good to already disadvataged people of all colors? How do you break free of welfare and become self sufficient? Does your political party want you to be self sufficient?

Is it me or is our society more and more becoming a society that blames its woes on someone else? It seems like, you kill someone nowadays. Not your fault, its the gun industry. You're addicted to drugs. Not your fault the government created and ships in the drugs. You have aids. They created aids to kill you and are not spending enough to cure you. What ever happened to accountability?

I blame the fathers that have no part in the raising of their children. The debasement of the family as we've known it for thousands of years has taken place in the last few decades. Its been attacked and it shows in popular culture and the sorry state of our youth. I've gone through a lot of ****, believe you me. And while I was going through it I blamed everyone but me, just like a kid without a father does. I was claiming to be a communist for crying out loud!

I'm sitting in jail, for what I swear is the last ****ing time and I start looking at myself. I start putting the needs of my son, my family, at the top of my priorities. I stop waiting for some socio-political-economic revolution to save me. I take responsibility. Full responsibility. I sought and got help, there are people out there willing to really help you. Not a god damned one is a government official or politician. Revelation of revelations!

I go back to work at the factory. I realize that living below the poverty level in America sucks, and that I should do something about it. I get some help. A lot of help, not from a politician with a check. I turn to the one thing in this world we should all be able to rely on. My family. Needless to say, I'm not a communist anymore. I'm a homeowner. I read my son a book before he goes to bed. I play with my daughters. I love and respect my wife as the most important influence in my life. Life is good, it can always be better. I can make it better.

But better through government? Rely on someone else to improve me? My situation? Do they have that power over me? Have I given it to them? We've made a lot of progress for brown people, it wasn't always that good for us in this country. However my father felt the prospects were better here, rather than there. He was right. So are millions of immigrants. At what point did our progress turn into a hinderance, not only for us but for our country. It was gradual, we must have missed it in our revolution. Is our future progress dependant on putting more whites at a disadvantage? Is it still us vs them? Is our progress dependant on more of "them" being less successful? Is our progress measured in statistics? Is there even a "them"?

Those we listen to most. Politicians, artists, radio and tv personalities and political commentators. What are they telling us? They are obviously successful, wealthy in large part. Who can they thank for that? The government? Can we thank the constitution for our rights? Or is it just a document that recognizes the rights we were born with? Can laws stop us from breaking them? Can our rights be taken away by erasing or adding some text from a document? Its about a phylosophy isn't it? Good, bad. Right, wrong. Thats all relative. Its not absolute. We decide collectively, in our culture. Not just our government, what is and is not acceptable. Right?

Am I right? Or are you? Who is to decide? Can we decide for ourselves? Perhaps agree to disagree? Are we crafting a system to allows us to do that? I've come to beleive that those in power are all the same. They are parasites for the most part, feeding off of us and pitting us against ourselves. We let them. We let them divide us and blind us. There are real threats out there to us. But the biggest threat is not overseas. It comes from those we put in power, on both sides. I feel that we are headed in a hopeless direction, no matter whom we vote for. But just in case I vote my mind. I urge you to do the same. Don't get caught up in the name calling. I have a feeling we're all wrong.

Politics suck.

Same time tomorrow?

Last edited by deyes; 02-01-2006 at 01:10 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:08 PM

I feel better for venting.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:15 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Nice post. I agree with a lot of what you have to say.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:35 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
I also agree with a lot in your post. I used to be into politics a little, but both sides are full of bs. IMO it all comes down to power and money and who wants it most
Old 02-01-2006, 01:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 WRX
Originally Posted by deyes
I've come to beleive that those in power are all the same. They are parasites for the most part, feeding off of us and pitting us against ourselves. We let them.
Nice post, I also agree with alot you have to say, maybe Helladumb and lojasmo and all of us for that matter can learn from the above quote.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:55 PM

You can for the most part live your life just fine without paying attention to politics. However there are some times when you just cannot ignore what those we have put in power are proposing we do.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:05 PM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
Originally Posted by case1
Nice post, I also agree with alot you have to say, maybe Helladumb and lojasmo and all of us for that matter can learn from the above quote.
Originally Posted by Deyes
I've come to beleive that those in power are all the same. They are parasites for the most part, feeding off of us and pitting us against ourselves. We let them.
To the extent that power corrupts, generally...I agree. There are a some representatives and senators who are an exception to the rule....more at the local/state than the federal level. I really do like both Mark Dayton and Russ Feingold, and hold them up as examples of individuals who have bucked the trend.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:25 PM

Congressman Ron Paul.