Rant - Bay Area drivers SUCK!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 02:18 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Rant - Bay Area drivers SUCK!

I started this in another thread, but after driving at lunch, felt I needed to just start this thread. WTF are Bay Area drivers in particular so freaking stupid? There was an ambulance coming on Brokaw today, full sirens and lights and there were a few morons who didn't even bother to pull over. How do these people get licenses? What if that was YOUR family member or YOU? Think about it, and pay attention.

Why is it necessary for every idiot to get on the freeway and jump right to the fast lane? I see it almost every time I am on the freeway; there are open lanes, but they HAVE to be the in the fast lane, even if they are only going 70. I am not talking about kids who think they own the road either, I see all ages and races doing it. WTF? I see this in other cities too, but for some reason it is WAY more common in the bay area.

Why do people think it a turn signal suddenly gives them the right of way? Your turn signal is your way of letting others know what you intend to do, but you still can't do it unless it is SAFE to do so! It doesn't mean you can force your way in.

On the opposite side of that one, WTH can't people just learn that if they let people merge, traffic often flow more smoothly? What is one more car in front of you? You aren't going to miss anything in that 15 seconds. Let one in and get on with the day.

A good example of stupid is the Sunol grade. OK, if most people just used cruise control there BOTH on the ascent and decent, traffic might actually flow. Why do people need to brake on the way down? News flash: cruise control will take care of that for you and riding your brakes for 7 miles is just plain stupid, espeically when 85% of them are driving automatics.

Why do people in the bay area think they don't need to get out of your way? EVERYWHERE else, people seem to understand this very simple concept. I don't care if you get back in the lane after I pass, but get the hell out of the way if I am trying to pass you, because I WILL pass you. I don't mean everyone should get out of my way...you know what I mean.

What kind of idiot thinks that it is OK to drive with their iPod headphones in? Guess what? That's ILLEGAL (in both ears, in one ear is not). I see it at least 3 times a week.

One of the funniest things I saw recently was at a busy intersection down here I was at a light and I see the chick in the next car answer her phone. Obliviously talking and from the sidewalk comes a cop up to her window and hands her a ticket. I look over and there is another one sitting there, clearly checking other cars. They did this for about 2 weeks straight and almost without fail, every morning I saw them handing out tickets. The fine is only like $25 for the first offense, but our friend got one and with court fees it ends up being around $125! The look on that chick's face was priceless.

I really could go on and on..... People complain about all the traffic, but it is the total lack of consideration for others that ultimately causes the vast majority of it. I am not perfect either, but just a little common sense would go a long way.

/rant off

Last edited by 04GG; 01-14-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:19 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Move to LA because the drivers are sooo much better.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:25 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Originally Posted by Turbo Rob
Move to LA because the drivers are sooo much better.
Part of my family is in LA. I hate it there
Old 01-14-2011, 02:27 PM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
Name:  D9XV9.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  75.4 KB
Old 01-14-2011, 02:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
You should try driving a limo, you'll love other drivers even more!
Old 01-14-2011, 02:31 PM

Car Info: 07 black piggy STI, 1996 Integra LS
The 70 in the fast lane thing really bothers me too. I have friends that do it though and I always ***** at them.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:39 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Originally Posted by soundwave
Name:  squint.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  9.5 KB

LOL, I was expecting that one. Actually I am not that mad, but today that ambulance thing just annoyed the f**k out of me.

I liked the comment from Jeff Foxworthy on Blue Collar Comedy long ago..."If you cut me off, I reserve the right to put you into the wall."
Old 01-14-2011, 02:40 PM

Car Info: 2014 Subaru XV (Crosstrek)
Sunol grade: where you can track down the autotragic drivers

Seriously, even if autotragics aren't proper manuals, a large majority of them DO have engine-braking capability. People just can't be bothered to learn to fully understand how to operate a vehicle, let alone even follow basic traffic rules...

Yes, I HATE IT how EVERYONE just HAS TO go to the fast lane... I'm flying by at decent speed (I know, not wise) in the left lane and then I get slowed down by people going 5 under the limit in the fast lane... What ever happened to "Slower traffic keep right"?!

Just today, a friend of mine almost got hit by an older driver merging on the freeway, who seemingly stayed next to her (I'm assuming she was in the right lane). She had to swerve out to the lane left of him because he neither slowed down nor accelerated, just went at his own pace... Drivers licenses should be renewed, but even then, licenses are ridiculously easy to get.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:40 PM

Car Info: 2011 STi Sedan Plasma Blue
Its bad everywhere, even in Las Vegas I had many times people make a right hand turn at a light in the left turn lane cutting me off when I am going straight. Just this morning on the way to work, I am 3 cars behind at the red light, when the light hit green the car behind me just started blasting his horn? I could understand if I was a big rig and he could not see that there was car in front of me, but in my STi come on! He could clearly see the cars are just about to go. It does suck out there, we just have to go on with our own life, and not be the idoit. I just crank up the stereo and enjoy the music on my drive and be in my own world with eyes open on the road. Stupid drivers are out there every day, I just stay away.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:46 PM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
Originally Posted by 04GG

LOL, I was expecting that one. Actually I am not that mad, but today that ambulance thing just annoyed the f**k out of me.

I liked the comment from Jeff Foxworthy on Blue Collar Comedy long ago..."If you cut me off, I reserve the right to put you into the wall."
Welcome to my every day life.....

some times I wish that I had a paintball gun and could mark ****ty drivers for law enforcement to watch/ticket
Old 01-14-2011, 02:50 PM

Car Info: 07lmtd 6spd wrx eq tuned
There's bad drivers everywhere you go...I drive on 880 about 3-4 hours a day and I see a lot of idiot drivers. Last week I saw an older asian lady SO concentrated on blocking the sun from her face with a FACKIN MAGAZiNE, That she rear ended somebody! WTF good thing I drive a turbo diesel work truck and not the soob
Old 01-14-2011, 02:51 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Originally Posted by AWDfreak
Yes, I HATE IT how EVERYONE just HAS TO go to the fast lane... I'm flying by at decent speed (I know, not wise) in the left lane and then I get slowed down by people going 5 under the limit in the fast lane... What ever happened to "Slower traffic keep right"?!
That's the thing - outside of the bay area people actually seem to get this concept (at least on 5 they seem to). The ones that don't....tada...are from the bay area or Oregon/Washington LOL Portland has some of the worst drivers I've ever seen, but at least they know to get out of the way. Seattle had some of the worst traffic too - almost felt like I was in Sac.

This kind of started for me a few weeks back. Some old lady was coming out of a side street. I can see her for like 2 miles...sitting there...sitting there....waiting. Then right when I get to the intersection, she GOES. I honk and she looks at me like I am crazy, because clearly she had no idea I was there, even though I was the ONLY OTHER CAR on the road. That wouldn't have been such a big deal except that two blocks later somone else did almost exactly the same thing. No signal, no stop, just turns right into the main street in front of me. How do these people make it to adulthood?

Last edited by 04GG; 01-14-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:59 PM

Car Info: 2014 Subaru XV (Crosstrek)

If all ambulances (and all emergency vehicles) had this, it might be slightly less of an issue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20fbMTeEpfo
Old 01-14-2011, 03:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by AWDfreak
You have the audacity to admit to speeding but complain about other drivers? Slow down or shut your ****ing mouth, short of drunk drivers you're the biggest issue on the road you jackass. The inconsiderate actions of people going 70 in the fast lane may irritate you, but your speeding puts the safety of others in jeapardy.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:05 PM

Car Info: '12 FXT Touring
I started this in another thread, but after driving at lunch, felt I needed to just start this thread. WTF are Bay Area drivers in particular so freaking stupid? There was an ambulance coming on Brokaw today, full sirens and lights and there were a few morons who didn't even bother to pull over. How do these people get licenses? What if that was YOUR family member or YOU? Think about it, and pay attention.

Why is it necessary for every idiot to get on the freeway and jump right to the fast lane? I see it almost every time I am on the freeway; there are open lanes, but they HAVE to be the in the fast lane, even if they are only going 70. I am not talking about kids who think they own the road either, I see all ages and races doing it. WTF? I see this in other cities too, but for some reason it is WAY more common in the bay area.

Why do people think it a turn signal suddenly gives them the right of way? Your turn signal is your way of letting others know what you intend to do, but you still can't do it unless it is SAFE to do so! It doesn't mean you can force your way in.

On the opposite side of that one, WTH can't people just learn that if they let people merge, traffic often flow more smoothly? What is one more car in front of you? You aren't going to miss anything in that 15 seconds. Let one in and get on with the day.

A good example of stupid is the Sunol grade. OK, if most people just used cruise control there BOTH on the ascent and decent, traffic might actually flow. Why do people need to brake on the way down? News flash: cruise control will take care of that for you and riding your brakes for 7 miles is just plain stupid, espeically when 85% of them are driving automatics.

Why do people in the bay area think they don't need to get out of your way? EVERYWHERE else, people seem to understand this very simple concept. I don't care if you get back in the lane after I pass, but get the hell out of the way if I am trying to pass you, because I WILL pass you. I don't mean everyone should get out of my way...you know what I mean.

What kind of idiot thinks that it is OK to drive with their iPod headphones in? Guess what? That's ILLEGAL (in both ears, in one ear is not). I see it at least 3 times a week.

One of the funniest things I saw recently was at a busy intersection down here I was at a light and I see the chick in the next car answer her phone. Obliviously talking and from the sidewalk comes a cop up to her window and hands her a ticket. I look over and there is another one sitting there, clearly checking other cars. They did this for about 2 weeks straight and almost without fail, every morning I saw them handing out tickets. The fine is only like $25 for the first offense, but our friend got one and with court fees it ends up being around $125! The look on that chick's face was priceless.

I really could go on and on..... People complain about all the traffic, but it is the total lack of consideration for others that ultimately causes the vast majority of it. I am not perfect either, but just a little common sense would go a long way.

/rant off
it's illegal to make any right turn into any lane other than the most right lane, then merge left... i see it every single day.

not sure if you knew, but it literally only takes a half a monkey's brain and a pulse to get a license. $$$$$$$

welcome to america, nobody wants anyone in front of them for any reason. and the last thing anyone wants is for someone to pass them, someone to have more than them, or have more opportunity than them! We (America) wants equal Outcome, don't confuse this with equal Opportunity... it's like when someone saves your spot in line, and when you get there, people behind you give you a stank eye... you seen the old ladies getting completely trampled on Black Friday?
just human nature i guess.

what people need to do is leave to get where they need to go on time, and not late, so they don't have to race to where they are late to, then complain about how everyone sucks... i ultimately think it comes down to maturity, awareness, acceptance, understanding, patience and care for the fellow man, which there is a huge lack of in today's society. just watch MTV for 30mins.

humans also do make mistakes, and others just don't have thek knowledge or coordination... we don't have to kill them or ask why they are even alive...

breathe...... just breathe.

Last edited by NorCalPaintball; 01-14-2011 at 03:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Rant - Bay Area drivers SUCK!