Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Pictures from iraq thread (may contain graphic images)

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 10:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
Pictures from iraq thread (may contain graphic images)

Post urls or pics from iraq, be it good or bad in here

If it is a graphic pictures please post the link to the photo and not the photo its self.

(contains a few graphic photos, BE WARNED NWS)
http://dc5.donga.com/zero/zboard.php...c=asc&no=39561
Old 07-30-2004, 08:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Touching photo's....
Old 07-30-2004, 08:46 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
Those are amazing photos. good link.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:05 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
It breaks my heart to see a wounded child. 'Bit of a heads up.. you may not want to see it.
Just remember that the enemy we are fighting uses women and children as human shields..... this kind of enemy MUST be exterminated.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:27 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Let me get this straight, because women and children get maimed and killed when we bomb the crap out of them, we are justified in "exterminating" them?

You are seriously f---ed up if you really believe what you typed
Old 07-30-2004, 02:28 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
war is hell folks...this isht happens...
Old 07-30-2004, 02:54 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by psoper
Let me get this straight, because women and children get maimed and killed when we bomb the crap out of them, we are justified in "exterminating" them?

You are seriously f---ed up if you really believe what you typed

You misinterpreted who I was talking about. I would NEVER want for a single child to even get a scratch...... The people who should be exterminated are the ones using women and children as human shields, not the women and children!

The people who are F'd up are the people doing that!

I'm not saying that our bombs aren't causing collateral damage, but that many of the wounded women and children are because our enemy places them at strategic targets.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:08 PM

Unhappy

I hate guns and ruthless violence and I'm totally against hurting children. I can also tell you that when a kid has an AK-47 aimed at you and he's shooting then he becomes a man. I remember the first time I had to shoot someone when I was in Kosovo, the blood and adrenaline were pumping and I was getting shot at. I got down on one knee, aimed, and for a split second everything stood still. I knew if I didn't shoot, I wasn't coming home to see my family. I appied pressure to my trigger finger as I held my breath, my heart seemed to stop for a split second. Suddenly the shooting stopped, and I dropped the enemy. After all the shooting was over, we were conducting a body count. The guy I hit wasn't more than 15-16 years old. That day I cried myself to sleep, it was the most terrible feeling I have ever felt, although I was just defending myself. After that terrible day, I stopped counting bodies and I never go back to see who it is that I dropped. WAR is HELL and it's terrible for all that have to go through it.

-SZ
Old 07-30-2004, 04:45 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
my prayers out to our soldiers there....

aloha from the summit of Mauna Kea
Old 07-30-2004, 04:55 PM

I forgot to mention. I'm not a trained infantry man. I'm an Information Systems Technician in the Navy. When I was in Kosovo in 1998, I was assigned to a mobile communications unit in-charge of setting up satellite uplinks and computer networks. The last thing on my mind was killing someone, I guess that's why I was so troubled when it happened. When I was sent to Kosovo I had minimal weapons training, they basically gave me an M16 and a 9mm side arm that I actually had to use twice.

-SZ
Old 07-30-2004, 04:56 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
I hate guns and ruthless violence and I'm totally against hurting children. I can also tell you that when a kid has an AK-47 aimed at you and he's shooting then he becomes a man. I remember the first time I had to shoot someone when I was in Kosovo, the blood and adrenaline were pumping and I was getting shot at. I got down on one knee, aimed, and for a split second everything stood still. I knew if I didn't shoot, I wasn't coming home to see my family. I appied pressure to my trigger finger as I held my breath, my heart seemed to stop for a split second. Suddenly the shooting stopped, and I dropped the enemy. After all the shooting was over, we were conducting a body count. The guy I hit wasn't more than 15-16 years old. That day I cried myself to sleep, it was the most terrible feeling I have ever felt, although I was just defending myself. After that terrible day, I stopped counting bodies and I never go back to see who it is that I dropped. WAR is HELL and it's terrible for all that have to go through it.
Jeez, dude. Humbling.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO
I forgot to mention. I'm not a trained infantry man. I'm an Information Systems Technician in the Navy. When I was in Kosovo in 1998, I was assigned to a mobile communications unit in-charge of setting up satellite uplinks and computer networks. The last thing on my mind was killing someone, I guess that's why I was so troubled when it happened. When I was sent to Kosovo I had minimal weapons training, they basically gave me an M16 and a 9mm side arm that I actually had to use twice.

-SZ

I was about to say... I knew you were in the Navy so i was guessing corpsman at first.

Almost had me going for a bit and was about to go off on you El Guapo (search) style.

Last edited by Salty; 07-30-2004 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Salty
I was about to say... I knew you were in the Navy so i was guessing corpsman at first.

Almost had me going for a bit and was about to go off on you El Guapo (search) style.

No, Navy guys shoot people too. Unfortunatley, I had to send 2 of my guys to Iraq a few months ago for 6 month tours. They are part of an Army unit and also do comms. He emails me all the time and tells about all the messed up stuff that happens over there. It's terrible to hear some of his stories and makes me and the rest of my guys feel gratefull that we are not in his position.

-SZ
Old 07-30-2004, 06:15 PM

Car Info: 1942 ford pinto
I <3 Gwb
Old 07-30-2004, 11:40 PM

<Salute> Sub-Zero. I can't even imagine what that would be like.