Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

No health insurance, Go to jail!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 09:37 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
No health insurance, Go to jail!

I don't know what to think:

Originally Posted by Story
The state would work harder to enroll all residents eligible for Medicaid; employers, most of whom already offer insurance, would be encouraged to continue doing so voluntarily; and individuals who don't have insurance would have to sign on to one of two new insurance pools, one of which would be subsidized for lower-income residents.

Failing to sign up could lead to a loss of a personal tax exemption or garnishment of wages.
USA Today Story

Originally Posted by CS Monitor
Under two major proposals that aim to cover the estimated half million uninsured in Massachusetts, the state would require all residents who can afford it to purchase some type of individual plan or face penalties, such as losing their driver's licenses.
CS Monitor Story
Old 04-05-2006, 10:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
It'll be interesting to see how it works out.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Why not just give it to us? This isn't car insurance we're talking about here! It's our health. It's not like living on this earth is a privilege in the same respect as driving a car. Give us a base program through the government and allow us to voluntarily purchase private health insurance that offers better coverage. May even help us get better rates through the bloodsucking private insurance companies. Then again maybe it wouldn't...?

I know we live in the home of capitalism but for a country that insists on selfless service it sure doesn't know how to give a little back now and then. Being without health insurance is a scary thing and I think all of us have been there at one time or another. It really shouldn’t have to be like that, especially if our country can go into debt indefinitely. Why not extend the budget cap another trillion dollars to ensure taxpaying Americans can get decent health coverage? It's pretty much monopoly money now anyways. America is no stranger to giving its people the cold shoulder… just look at most veterans after past wars. OIF and OEF veterans are next on the list.

Last edited by Salty; 04-05-2006 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:59 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Wink

Whoa there Salty, you're starting to make too much sense about public health care. Doesn't your stance make you a wacked out liberal?

Seriously though, an optional public health insurance system is a great idea. I don't care if some people want to spend a lot more and get better coverage (like PPOs), but the level of care Keizer charges for should be provided to all tax-paying Americans (and of course to those who can't care/pay for themselves due to old age or a disability or whatever...just not lazyness...).

Last edited by MVWRX; 04-05-2006 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by MVWRX
Whoa there Salty, you're starting to make too much sense about public health care. Doesn't your stance make you a wacked out liberal?
Hey, some of my stances are somewhat liberal. Abortion, Marijuana fall into this category as well. What can I say? That's why I consider myself moderate at best.

I don’t give a damn about the insurance companies making a buck or the government in this case at all. At the end of the day I just want those I know and love to be protected in case ****. That's all.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
Yeah, paying out $700+ a month for my health insurance sucks A little help would go a long way. I'd be happy to see my tax dollars go to insurance for another WORKING family.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:19 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Originally Posted by Salty
Hey, some of my stances are somewhat liberal. Abortion, Marijuana fall into this category as well. What can I say? That's why I consider myself moderate at best.

I don’t give a damn about the insurance companies making a buck or the government in this case at all. At the end of the day I just want those I know and love to be protected in case ****. That's all.

I agree with all of that.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Salty
Why not just give it to us? This isn't car insurance we're talking about here! It's our health. It's not like living on this earth is a privilege in the same respect as driving a car. Give us a base program through the government and allow us to voluntarily purchase private health insurance that offers better coverage. May even help us get better rates through the bloodsucking private insurance companies. Then again maybe it wouldn't...?

I know we live in the home of capitalism but for a country that insists on selfless service it sure doesn't know how to give a little back now and then. Being without health insurance is a scary thing and I think all of us have been there at one time or another. It really shouldn’t have to be like that, especially if our country can go into debt indefinitely. Why not extend the budget cap another trillion dollars to ensure taxpaying Americans can get decent health coverage? It's pretty much monopoly money now anyways. America is no stranger to giving its people the cold shoulder… just look at most veterans after past wars. OIF and OEF veterans are next on the list.
Totally agree.

Pluss it would lower the cost of companies by a lot. Their are positives and negatives. But overall Im for this.