Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

New nuke testing ground? Hope so...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 10:59 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
New nuke testing ground? Hope so...

http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/archi.../06/79810.aspx

Bombs away!
Old 03-06-2007, 12:51 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Gotta love a religion that allows murdering fellow followers if they shave.
How can anyone defend this?
Old 03-07-2007, 05:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Gotta love a religion that allows murdering fellow followers if they shave.
How can anyone defend this?
Just by reading that story can't you see what is wrong with that statement? The problem lies not within Islam itself but with the radical followers that have a twisted interpretation. I mean there are Muslim men who think this behavior is absolutly asinine and refuse to shave their beards. That should say something.

It's like saying "Gotta love a religion that allows people to protest soldiers funerals because the country they live in accepts homosexuality" (ala the Westboro Baptist Church.) Can't you see what is inherently wrong with a statement like that?

The real problem is the majority of Muslims don't want to either speak out against radicalism or take a stand against it because that ally's them with the USA.

Who can really blame them either? From their viewpoint we attacked a sovereign Muslim nation for a reason that turned out to be non-existent and then changed the reason mid way through the campaign. Of course normal muslims don't trust us. We have given them no reason to.

All this is a moot point now though. Unfortunately we can't pull out now. We have way to much at stake and the middle east would just have two Iran's if we did that.

As far as Pakistan is concerned the government there seems like it is barely clinging to control anyways. We should be happy we get as much cooperation out of them as we do. If Musharraaf ever gets taken out that whole region is in trouble.....
Old 03-07-2007, 10:12 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

C'mon, that's quite a stretch; comparing funeral protests to slitting throats. :rotfl:

I realize that "Normal' Muslims > "radical" Muslims, but by taking no action, they're condoning it.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:22 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
C'mon, that's quite a stretch; comparing funeral protests to slitting throats. :rotfl:

I realize that "Normal' Muslims > "radical" Muslims, but by taking no action, they're condoning it.

So the Catholic church condoned homosexual pedophilia for decades? Interesting...

By that logic, the Pope is responsible for the war in Iraq just as much as non extremist Muslims are.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:21 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
It's hard knowing Muslims and talking about this. The couple friends I know that are Muslim or who have a Muslim as an significant other share very similar political views to me. But when you talk about the ^above^ their brains shutdown and begin to argue like a 3rd grade Al Sharpton. It's really bizarre. I have one very close US Citizen friend that lives out of country now say he's considering moving to UAE to protect his fiancee from Americans!

We haven't even put anyone in concentration camps like we did with the Japanese and these people are afraid they're going to get lynched. We've talked about the extreme lack of hate crimes against Muslims in the US since 9/11 so it doesn't make any sense to me. It's sad watching their logic go to the crapper because of fear and bull****. They're all ****ing cowards.

Last edited by Salty; 03-07-2007 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:34 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by MVWRX
So the Catholic church condoned homosexual pedophilia for decades? Interesting...
Yes, and that's why there are monetary payouts.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:35 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
I guess my point with the above is I really don't care anymore about peaceful Muslims not taking a stand. It obvious that they aren’t going to at this point.

I just wish they'd think differently about countries (the USA, UK, Aust, etc) that have done nothing to them. I wish they'd stop acting like they're the victims in all this mess.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:40 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by MVWRX

By that logic, the Pope is responsible for the war in Iraq just as much as non extremist Muslims are.
Yes, the Church is responsible for the actions of it's priests.

Sticking to the immediate topic: The pope has nothing to do with the Taliban slitting throats.