Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Min-wage increase as long as super rich get tax break ... WTF?

Old 07-29-2006, 11:49 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon
Min-wage increase as long as super rich get tax break ... WTF?

I think this world needs more greedy bastards.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/07/....ap/index.html
Old 07-29-2006, 01:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
If poor people were put in the shoes of the rich only to pay taxes, they would cry themselves to death. I know people that pay $330,000 a year in taxes on a gross anual income of $1,000,000 ($670,000 NET). Some of that money goes toward welfare checks. Now THAT’S the real atrocity here. Imagine that... people that worked extremely hard for their lifestyles want to keep some of their hard earned money from those baby factories that get it for sitting on their porches.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
Originally Posted by Salty
If poor people were put in the shoes of the rich only to pay taxes, they would cry themselves to death. I know people that pay $330,000 a year in taxes on a gross anual income of $1,000,000 ($670,000 NET). Some of that money goes toward welfare checks. Now THAT’S the real atrocity here. Imagine that... people that worked extremely hard for their lifestyles want to keep some of their hard earned money from those baby factories that get it for sitting on their porches.

If they werent paying taxes they wouldnt be enjoying that wealth in the first place, as they would have to hire security, firemen, pavers to build roads, teachers to educate their kids and so on and so forth.

So dont give me this ****.. if they had half a brain they would know how to work the tax system and get off paying much less then 33% of their income..
Old 07-30-2006, 04:35 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
So dont give me this ****.. if they had half a brain they would know how to work the tax system and get off paying much less then 33% of their income..
You prove your idiocy time and time again, Dre. Who here thinks my figure isn't after any available tax break for this particular person? Tax law is a massive number of books, it’s not just a given percentage per annual income. There’s a lot more to taxes when you own rental properties, are self-employed, own a side business, etc. You see, a lot of rich people that have worked damn hard to get where they are today have more than one source of income. It can become very complicated and the system can work against you in many ways when there's more variables.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:46 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by newyorkreload
I think this world needs more greedy bastards.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/07/....ap/index.html
Hey you need to reload your thought process. This is about estates that have already had paid property tax annuities from infinitum.... wake up and smell the democrats peeing on your lawn.

When a democrat says "tax giveaway" it generally means the Republicans are trying to stop the government from stealing it from you.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:34 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Salty
You prove your idiocy time and time again, Dre. Who here thinks my figure isn't after any available tax break for this particular person? Tax law is a massive number of books, it’s not just a given percentage per annual income. There’s a lot more to taxes when you own rental properties, are self-employed, own a side business, etc. You see, a lot of rich people that have worked damn hard to get where they are today have more than one source of income. It can become very complicated and the system can work against you in many ways when there's more variables.

Im fully aware of tax law buddy i have to listen to diatribes about its inner workings on a nightly basis.

Thankfully that should go down a bit more now since she took the bar, now its only the relatives that talk tax law..

and i think you should re read my post dip****, never said tax law wasnt complex (or couldnt be).. *sigh* i forget sometimes i have to make things grunt stupid for you to catch on...

one more thing..

i was using your own ****ing example..
I know people that pay $330,000 a year in taxes on a gross anual income of $1,000,000 ($670,000 NET)
quick call your old highschool math teacher and ask him to run the numbers to figure out what percentage tax rate you stated they were at! then compare to what i said.. Dont be so quick to jump on someones throat, you never know when you might land on your own tongue

Last edited by dr3d1zzl3; 07-30-2006 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:59 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Wanting a whole mill instead of 2/3 of a mill, full well knowing that taxes are neccesary to keep our society afloat, is the definition of 'greedy bastard'. Seriously...that is filthy, completely, stinking rich. What does someone that rich give up to taxes? Manicures? 2 bedrooms off a 12 bedroom house? 10 feet off their new yacht? Nothing that isn't totally frivolous.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:51 PM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by MVWRX
Wanting a whole mill instead of 2/3 of a mill, full well knowing that taxes are neccesary to keep our society afloat, is the definition of 'greedy bastard'. Seriously...that is filthy, completely, stinking rich. What does someone that rich give up to taxes? Manicures? 2 bedrooms off a 12 bedroom house? 10 feet off their new yacht? Nothing that isn't totally frivolous.
And what is all that?

Spending, something the poor wouldn't do if they got a tax break. The wealthiest 1% of our nation pays 60% of the taxes. So if you give them a little bit of a break, they're going to be more ready to spend it. THAT is why they get the breaks. THAT is why it is smart to do it, and THAT is why the democrats are pissed. Also becuase the republicans got something they wanted and took away raising the min. wage from them before election time.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:57 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by jvick125
And what is all that?

Spending, something the poor wouldn't do if they got a tax break. The wealthiest 1% of our nation pays 60% of the taxes. So if you give them a little bit of a break, they're going to be more ready to spend it. THAT is why they get the breaks. THAT is why it is smart to do it, and THAT is why the democrats are pissed. Also becuase the republicans got something they wanted and took away raising the min. wage from them before election time.

i lub flawed logic.

the top 1% also control how much of the GDP and wealth of the nation?

(for the idiots, what i am saying is yes while the top 1 percent may very well pay 60% of the taxes how much of their wealth as a percentage is that? most likely less then what i pay )
Old 07-31-2006, 08:25 PM
VIP Member

I remember when my Japanese father in law told me what China used to tell its children regarding heaven and hell. True story and they still do so... In hell, everyone sits around a giant table with wonderful food in the middle and very long chopsticks that are too long to reach ones mouth. In heaven, they have the same chopsticks but feed each-other instead...
Old 07-31-2006, 08:37 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
dre, I hear what your swearing, but I can't support any increase in taxes until waste is trimmed back.

I'm not sure where exactly all the $$$ is being spent, but it ain't on the roads, or in the schools, and so on and so forth.

Yes, taxes are needed & I don't mind paying my fair share.

BTW, dre, what is too much tax?
10% of gross income?
20%?
30%?
60%
Old 07-31-2006, 09:17 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
dre, I hear what your swearing, but I can't support any increase in taxes until waste is trimmed back.

I'm not sure where exactly all the $$$ is being spent, but it ain't on the roads, or in the schools, and so on and so forth.

Yes, taxes are needed & I don't mind paying my fair share.

BTW, dre, what is too much tax?
10% of gross income?
20%?
30%?
60%

love the first line

and couldnt agree with you more.. For me the less the better, im all for smallar(TM) gubbament (with af ew exceptions of course). (cut out all the pork and bull**** and run the goverment with proper accountability and with a more corporate outlook)

But my ideal goverment is flawed, as the goal isnt profit in goverment but dominance and power. Granted profit can gain you that (google, microsoft, ibm, etc) but it seems that if your corporation is in charge of creating the market, and creating the profit out of thin air (printing money) **** falls flat.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:55 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Of course it'd be nice to know that tax money is spent efficiently...but saying taxes should be lowered BECAUSE tax money is misspent is a flawed argument. The gov't and it's spending should be fixed, and that certainly doesn't happen by just lowering taxes for rich folks. It's funny this comes up...seeing as this is the first 'conservative' president who has increased (and missused) gov't spending...

Lowering taxes at the same time as increasing gov't spending = dumb

Oh, and yes it was political genius for the GOP to put a tax cut for the rich on the same bill as raising the min wage...the only problem is, that type of 'packaging for clout and votes' is not good for the country. I mean...what's next, a bill legalizing pot while banning abortions? One that closes the borders while allowing gay marriages? It's a cheap tactic that, unfortunatly, is working for the GOP.

Last edited by MVWRX; 08-01-2006 at 12:11 PM.