Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Kinda wish he was in the joint: (Carter/ Gitmo)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 05:03 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Kinda wish he was in the joint: (Carter/ Gitmo)

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/World/Guantanamo_Detainees

I don't see why he takes the sworn statements from prisoners higher than those of high ranking military officials.....

Last edited by HellaDumb; 06-07-2005 at 05:05 PM.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
I don't see why he takes the sworn statements from prisoners higher than those of high ranking military officials.....
I do. Anything to bring down "the machine." It's Carter for crying out loud.

Like most liberals, Carter will insist that he, "supports the troops but not the war" or that he "supports the troops and not the insurgency."

It's complete bs. Who is they trying to convince? Me or themselves. Carter's actions obviously speak volumes.

These people don't support the troops at all. They just have to say that so they don't lose all credibility with the moderates and carelessly pawn themselves off as being more savage than the 'evil Bush machine.' I know many would disagree with me, but I don't think you can hold the word of prisoners above your own and support the troops at the same time.

Carter needs to hurry-up and die. It's gotten to the point where this old man will do anything to get 15mins of fame.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:26 PM
VIP Member

And for those of you that my comment is uncalled for hear me out. I'm not necessarily talking about you. You know where you stand as support for the insurgency. That’s your business.

I think the main problem is that you always have to give these people the benefit of the doubt even though they’re part of the problem. If someone comes forward with ideas that completely benefit the terrorists and the insurgency you still have to accept their meaningless drivel about how they're pro-soldier. They mock you like some immature 2nd grader chanting “neeener, neeener, neeener” on the other side of the fence.

If you still think I’m wrong then am I to believe that there's no grey area between those that are for or against the insurgency? You think everyone that goes to an Oakland Raiders game is a Raiders fan? Nope. They're just smart enough to not wear the other teams colors in public. The rest are the fan equivalent of John Walker.

Last edited by Salty; 06-08-2005 at 08:43 AM.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:17 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Guantanamo is sure making us look like hell on a international scale. Is it nececcary? Probably yes, but it is turning into a international fiasco. We need to do something about it before it blows up in our face, and causes even more people to hate us around the world.

That seems to be something that the Bush administration is good at though: pissing people off. Europe? Pissed. Middle East (well, at least some)? Pissed. Human Rights people? Pissed. 1/2 the country? Pissed.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Originally Posted by Imprezastifan88
Guantanamo is sure making us look like hell on a international scale. Is it nececcary? Probably yes
Are you ****ing kidding? is it guantanamo or the ****ing media, look at how every other country treats enemy combatents and then make your decision. guantanamo is a friggin mcdonalds ball playhouse compared to prisions in the countries they're from and would be encarcerated in thier countries of origins. But you already have your predisposed belief that our (current) government is an evil, religious conservative lobby bent on facist ideals, so go on with your badself. Who ****ing cares if an infadel touched a koran? who do you think makes them ? thier mass produced in an evil capitalist factory. it's all an excuse for people to hate others who are better than them, to spew hate from every oriface of worthless existance, and if you don't realize that you (and our culture) are better than them, I feel sorry for you. We live in the greatest and most generous country on the face of the earth and you don't even want to admit it.

Last edited by VIBEELEVEN; 06-08-2005 at 12:11 AM.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:56 PM
VIP Member

I'd have to agree.

I mean what exactly do people expect from a enemy combatant prison? Seriously?

It sucks that they haven't been charged but that's the least of our problems. Seems like te media, human-right activists and Carter are giving way to much credit to the insurgents. Besides what I mention in post 2 & 3, what can possibly make you so sympathetic to the word of someone that hates America? Let's face it... an extremely small percentage of those may have been wrongfully captured. I'm sure they're playing the game and staying low as to avoid confrontations. So what's left besides those that fought against us and hate us?

But after reading over the article again I saw this funny quote:

Most were captured on the battlefields of Afghanistan in 2001 and 2002 and were sent to Guantanamo Bay in hope of extracting useful intelligence about the al-Qaida terrorist network.
Un****ingbelievable. Anyone want to tell me how we were ever going to get this intelligence when there’s a million people worried about the lack of Hilton accommodations at Guantanamo? This is the crap I’m talking about here. Am I the only one that sees this blatant double-edge sword?

Bottom line is that Carter is old, the insurgents hate us and nobody ever gave a damn or went out of their way for human rights activists (or any of the aforementioned for that matter). End of story. Go Home!
Old 06-07-2005, 11:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Angry

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/eu...itain.protest/

Here's an example of your peace loving beloved freedom fighters

Shouting, "Down, down USA; down, down USA," the protesters called for the killing of Americans, the death of the U.S. president, the death of British Prime Minister Tony Blair, the bombing of Britain, and the annihilation of the U.S. capital: "Nuke, nuke Washington; Nuke, nuke Washington! Bomb, bomb the Pentagon.
ome of the militant Islamic rhetoric smacked of incitement to commit murder, CNN's Senior International Correspondent Walter Rodgers reported. "Death, death Tony Blair; death, death Tony Blair. Death, death George Bush," the protesters chanted.

"The only language we speak today is the language of jihad," said one protester."

What would those of you with ***** have done if you would have witnessed this protest of violence and hatred ?

an excuse once again, these ****s should be wiped of thier pathetic, moronic and weak existance.

here's some examples of what would happen to you in thier countries

*warning*
http://www.holycrime.com/CrimeSton1.asp

http://www.holycrime.com/CrimeSton2.asp

http://www.strangecosmos.com/content/item/104013.html

http://www.abrahamic-faith.com/Islam...n-stoning.html

http://www.jebhemelli.net/JIRS/default.htm

human rights? nil, if you're so sympathetic, why are you here?
I'm not a religious person but the "religion of peace" has descecrated many works of contrasting religious literature, culture and art as well, for instance vandalizism of the church of the nativity and the destruction of the two thousand year old statues of bhudda in afghanistan. Not saying two wrongs make a right but the fact that they are making an excuse over relatively nothing, makes me think that thier cause is getting weaker and weaker by the moment. Think about it if an insurgent, sunni or jihadist in iraq had the upper hand, why would they be bombing mosques on a daily basis? it doesn't make any sense, wouldn't that be more blasphemous than a mass produced book(most likely made or printed by a non muslim) finding it's way into an infadels dirty hand... ?

Last edited by VIBEELEVEN; 06-08-2005 at 12:12 AM.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:03 AM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
I personally was not saying that Guantanamo is the worst human rights issue we have in the world today. By far it is not, and honestly, the rest of the world should look at other bigger issues like you found Salty. However, we have to realize that as the only remaining superpower, and many people pissed off at us, they are going to look for anything to be a cause for more violence.
-Jeff
Old 06-08-2005, 08:39 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Imprezastifan88
However, we have to realize that as the only remaining superpower, and many people pissed off at us, they are going to look for anything to be a cause for more violence.
-Jeff
Exactly.