Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Joke

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 02:05 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
Just trying to clarify.........that's why what needs to happen at the kindergarten level?

...making sure all the schools have the same funding and level of education. That way the point you made about the ethnocentrism would be pretty much nullified because everyone would have roughly the same access to resources and education from the very start. I'll admit that implementing somthing like this is very difficult and would leave a 'gap', but it's really the only way I can think of to even out the discrepency between the educational levels of the rich and poor.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:24 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by MVWRX
...making sure all the schools have the same funding and level of education. That way the point you made about the ethnocentrism would be pretty much nullified because everyone would have roughly the same access to resources and education from the very start. I'll admit that implementing somthing like this is very difficult and would leave a 'gap', but it's really the only way I can think of to even out the discrepency between the educational levels of the rich and poor.
Absolutely and you still have the option of private school if you so choose to take that route. I'm saying we should focus on eliminating this level of seperation before it makes it to the office place or collegate level. If that's done we can quit classifying who gets what based on what happened 50+ years ago and start structuring a future in America that sees everyone as Americans and not African Americans, Asian Americans, etc... Speculating who is best for a job, position, etc.. based on racial justifications is about as stupid as implying that specific races have there own cut-and-dry, set-in-stone attributes. ("oh, I need someone who can run down a criminal on my police force and all black people can run fast" or "I need a genius to run this biological experiment so I need an Asian that wears glasses and has a pocket-protector"). I'm saying lets create equals from the beginning rather than appointing "equality" in the end.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:36 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
I totally agree with that.