Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Killed: Abdullah Abu Azzam

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 08:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Thumbs up Killed: Abdullah Abu Azzam

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050927/...ZhBHNlYwM3MjE-

Mark his box black

Hopefully SF is on to something here. *crosses fingers*
Old 09-27-2005, 08:56 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by Salty
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050927/...ZhBHNlYwM3MjE-

Mark his box black

Hopefully SF is on to something here. *crosses fingers*
Damn you, I was just about to post this!!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9498356/

Anyway, it says CIA operatives were involved so I have no doubt Delta was involved also. *high fives all around for SF*
Old 09-27-2005, 09:24 AM

Car Info: Sline
SF? Security Forces?
Old 09-27-2005, 09:28 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Um, even I know that one...

SPECIAL forces.....you know rangers, green beret, seals, the REAL "tough" guys.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:35 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Newsweek now says that he really wasn't as important as they made him out to be. Sounds like he was just the head of Baghdad operations not Zarqawi's #2 guy.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9518556/site/newsweek/

Besides how many number 2 guys have we killed already. Seems like we are always hearing about these number 2 guys going down and yet car bombs go off over there like fireworks on the fourth of july.

It would be nice to have some measureable progress but I guess that really isn't possible. There was probabaly a guy just waiting to take over for this assclown.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
Newsweek now says that he really wasn't as important as they made him out to be. Sounds like he was just the head of Baghdad operations not Zarqawi's #2 guy.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9518556/site/newsweek/

Besides how many number 2 guys have we killed already. Seems like we are always hearing about these number 2 guys going down and yet car bombs go off over there like fireworks on the fourth of july.

It would be nice to have some measureable progress but I guess that really isn't possible. There was probabaly a guy just waiting to take over for this assclown.
You just answered your own question. We can kill #2s all day because #3 is going to take his place every day of the week. I agree that the "rating" system is very subjective but it can't be denied that killing the head of all Baghdad operations is a huge step considering they hold the highest casualty rate.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
You just answered your own question. We can kill #2s all day because #3 is going to take his place every day of the week. I agree that the "rating" system is very subjective but it can't be denied that killing the head of all Baghdad operations is a huge step considering they hold the highest casualty rate.
True,

Just frustrating you know. Kill that Focker zarqawi already. Then we will celebrate!
Old 09-29-2005, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
True,

Just frustrating you know. Kill that Focker zarqawi already. Then we will celebrate!
I totally agree!!!! But again, easier said than done. We WILL be able to get Zarqawi. Bin Laden, now that a complicated story.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
We can kill #2s all day because #3 is going to take his place every day of the week. I agree that the "rating" system is very subjective but it can't be denied that killing the head of all Baghdad operations is a huge step considering they hold the highest casualty rate.
Absolutely. And yes, it's just a simple ranking structure used by the DoD and CIA to determine rank and priority. If the #2 man dies then the living #3 man takes his place naturally.

If you look at the .pdf chart I posted it's surprising just how many we've captured or killed in Zaqawi's Iraq-based cell. Unfortunately, seems that none of the real big players have been caught. That has always struck me as odd. Just because they're slightly smarter hence the position of authority shouldn't make them ghosts, you know? Well apparently it does. Regardless, I think capturing Zarqawi is just a matter of time. With Osama we're not even sure he's still alive.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Salty
Absolutely. And yes, it's just a simple ranking structure used by the DoD and CIA to determine rank and priority. If the #2 man dies then the living #3 man takes his place naturally.

If you look at the .pdf chart I posted it's surprising just how many we've captured or killed in Zaqawi's Iraq-based cell. Unfortunately, seems that none of the real big players have been caught. That has always struck me as odd. Just because they're slightly smarter hence the position of authority shouldn't make them ghosts, you know? Well apparently it does. Regardless, I think capturing Zarqawi is just a matter of time. With Osama we're not even sure he's still alive.
And if we do catch him the general public may never find out to avoid sending him into martyrdom. Not to mention those involved in the operation probably won't be subject to Geneva Convention (catching my drift???) so there will probably be ZERO publicity let alone public awareness.