Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Jan 14th - Rally for Justice for Oscar Grant

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 08:47 AM

Car Info: Black On Black Wingless 05 STI
Jan 14th - Rally for Justice for Oscar Grant

Rally for Justice for Oscar Grant

When:
Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Time:
4:00pm - 7:00pm

1 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza
Oakland, CA

If you are interested in going, shoot me a PM I'll be attending this second protest/rally!
Old 01-12-2009, 08:59 AM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
I hope this one goes better than the last...
Old 01-12-2009, 09:20 AM

there are always a few knuckleheads who **** up shop... so no telling. However I am sure OPD will be ready for the fight.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:10 AM

well, be careful. I'd suggest, if anyone starts to take advantage of the situation by acting like a fool, get the hell out of there. I don't think the cops are going to be as friendly this time around.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:20 AM

I survived the last one. However you are right, OPD will be ready to go.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:37 AM

Car Info: Car
These protests have lost sort of gone off into a tangent. I was at the Wednesday night protest. Frankly, I don't think half the people there are even protesting the shooting. Having talked to people at the protest, a good many of them have some kind of grudge against OPD or just the police in general. It didn’t need to be a racial issue either, but some people are making it into one.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:40 AM

Well, hopefully this time they will respect Grant's family and his mother's request to STOP the violence and destruction.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by JArnaud
Well, hopefully this time they will respect Grant's family and his mother's request to STOP the violence and destruction.
Good one
Old 01-12-2009, 01:12 PM

^^?
Old 01-12-2009, 01:45 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by JArnaud
^^?
its funny that people are out 'protesting' violence by being violent, which also means they are completely ignoring the wishes of his family.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
My favorite part is that they were protesting Bart and Bart PD but a lot of protesters got there on Bart
Old 01-12-2009, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
These protests have lost sort of gone off into a tangent. I was at the Wednesday night protest. Frankly, I don't think half the people there are even protesting the shooting. Having talked to people at the protest, a good many of them have some kind of grudge against OPD or just the police in general. It didn’t need to be a racial issue either, but some people are making it into one.

I feel what you are saying. I too was there and I saw the same things. However, I know why I was there and I know what for. You'll always have people who just show up to go dumb.

About the OPD, well you gotta look at it this way. I aint sure where you are from Oakland but a lot of people within Oakland have been dealing with several issues from the OPD. There are still a lot of "unsettled" matters which the OPD was involved with. Naturally when you have such an incident, like Oscar's, these people come out to vocalize as well.

If you remember during the protest there were several speakers who had thier kids die in similar nature. So ofcorse you'll see annamosity towards OPD. Top that with another person being wrongfully killed, you got yourself some really upset people!

I support the protest, I support my community (oakland), and I as a black man understand what frustrations are out there. Not to say being black gives me anything different. I however do not support seeing others destory my community, property, and turning a protest in to a playground to **** on.

I only hope this time people well respect whats behind this protest. However, I am sure somethings will pop off.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:25 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
What are people protesting?

Seriously, the officer is only exercising his rights. Right now he has the right to remain silent. The internal investigation is going to continue and when it's completed the officer will have to face the music. This lynch mob mentality pisses me off. It's just a reminder of how many violent people walk the streets freely among us looking for an excuse to cause harm.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:51 PM

Car Info: Cage and Slicks and Wing OH MY!!
Originally Posted by KOSTI
I survived the last one. However you are right, OPD will be ready to go.

Oh trust me, OPD will be very prepared.

the day following the "riot" people tried to protest again in front of frank ogawa plaza. They got shut down VERY quickly.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by Chrisnonstop
Seriously, the officer is only exercising his rights. Right now he has the right to remain silent. The internal investigation is going to continue and when it's completed the officer will have to face the music. This lynch mob mentality pisses me off. It's just a reminder of how many violent people walk the streets freely among us looking for an excuse to cause harm.
they are protesting because the officer hasn't been lynched yet.

kinda ironic since any sort of knee jerk reaction would be essentially the same sort of action that caused this mess in the first place.

Quick Reply: Jan 14th - Rally for Justice for Oscar Grant