Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

The Iran-Iraq connection

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 01:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
The Iran-Iraq connection

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...C-RSSFeeds0312

We all know it exists and has existed. A buddy of mine was killed by Iranian made weapon when the war in Iraq was young. Tony Blair has publicly stated that Iran is shipping weapons and we do nothing. So much for Bush Doctrine, eh? "If you support a terrorist you are a terrorist. What a bunch of malarkey. We've been dealing with Iran and NK heavily for sometime now.

Doctrine should be we might get to you eventually once our forces aren't thin and you're an enemy we think we can beat easily. In the meantime feel free to supply the Shia with containers hidden among the thousands of trucks that cross the Iraq border, gear up with nukes, and openly support Hizbollah.

If we continue down this path we'll only have two options I can think of right now:

1) For every Iranian made weapon we find we drop one bomb on Iran. (Won't happen)

2) Let Iran deal with the entire mess because we're already allowing them to do so much behind our backs.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:33 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
I like option 2...that's apparently what they want too. The only problem is then Iraq and Iran really will have WMDs in the form of intercontinental nucs...
Old 12-01-2006, 04:14 PM

Car Info: ...
Originally Posted by http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/printer_120205E.shtml
"In the early 1980s, Iran came to be viewed in Washington as public enemy Number 2, right after the Soviet Union. In the Cold War, the United States had viewed Iran as a key asset, and in 1953 the CIA overthrew the populist government of elected Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh, which had broken with the country's monarch. The US put the autocratic Mohammad Reza Shah back on his throne, building him up as an absolute monarch with a well-trained secret police and jails overflowing with prisoners of conscience. "
How do you think Iran attained the greater percentage of thier weapons? It wasn't Austria alone...

I'd bet biggest gun's the Iranian's have hang off the sides of this guy...
http://www.iranfocus.com/modules/new...p?storyid=9379