Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

I support Arizona's Law... and I absolutely don't understand the argument against it.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:16 PM

Car Info: 06 WRB
100% agree with Guillermo on this
Old 04-28-2010, 03:05 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Right underneath the stated law, there are stipulations to cover such extracts. Such as it can't be just "no license, so now I believe you're an immigrant" Nope, there are such cases that is CLEARLY states in the law that there has to be 2 or more things of reasonable suspicion... and AGAIN

YOU HAVE to be doing something WRONG for them to target you in the first place. So as long as you're obeying the law, you will not be hassled with. There are plenty of immigrants who obey the law... but again, there are TONS that don't. Our prisons are over 1/3rd immigrant population. That is sucking money from us and every tax payer housing these guys who DONT EVEN BELONG IN OUR COUNTRY.

Before you run around saying "Hey you look brown, I want to see ID" They did cover their butts stating there needs to be a cause of the person doing something WRONG FIRST. They also need to have 2+ things that seem suspicious. These are the side writings.. kinda like covering the bases so they know they dont cross federal law.
What would an illegal immigrant do suspiciously that a citizen wouldn't? Carrying a bag of oranges wearing a sombrero? (<< being facetious)

I don't see the correlation between doing something suspicious and being a legal citizen.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:31 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I dont know how you guys are comparing someone who was busted for a DUI or drug deal or rape and asking for their papers is somehow tied to ****'ism. Liberals are insane for thinking this is somehow tied to Hitler.

A brown guy gets busted for some crap, and the police officer asks him for his citizenship papers and that's somehow NAZIism? Nuts, absolutely nuts.

Again, this is stating IF SOMEONE IS BUSTED DOING SOMETHING. It could be black,white,yellow,red,AND brown. And if it so happens that the person is BROWN and busted doing something. They're going to ask for papers. HOW IS THAT ****-ism. Can one of the mental illness liberals tell me how asking for papers is ****-ism? You dont belong in the country, we boot ya out. It isn't a "Are you a german or a jew? Well if you're a jew we're going to put you in an internment camp and fry your asses with acid"

Seriously, there is no other argument here. I still dont understand your case against the law. Again, it has to do with SOMEONE BREAKING THE LAW first, if you're brown, then the papers 2nd. IF you have 'em, great we'll jail you. If you don't. I dont want to see you guys getting free education, free healthcare, free welfare, free anything. You blood sucking *******s. Go get your papers and do some real work and DONT GET BUSTED FOR DUI/RAPE/KIDNAPPING/MURDER!
Old 04-28-2010, 03:45 PM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
So the president of Mexico issued a travel advisory to arizona...lol no joke.

So considering that 10% of Arizonas tourism comes from Mexico its a pretty good step.

I personally agree with it. Read the law. Alot of people dont understand. Go to court one day for a traffic violation.

I live in a relativly affluent neighborhood pleasanton, dublin, Livermore. You see in court daily at least 10 illeagal immagrants who dont have a licence and were pulled over. Why no Licence because no green card. In california we give them a fine. In AZ after this law your *** will get deported.

They will not be tracking down people on the street or cruising the Home Depot parking lots they will however have chance encounters and ask for your licence you cant prove you belong there they will detain you until you can if you cant you go back to mexico.

Read the law. The first time they stop someone that is not an illeagal immagrant they will sue for profiling so watch the cops be really careful.

This is deffinately enforcable and the only thing changing is when you are stopped on probable cause for another crime i.e. traffic violation, etc you will go back to mexico.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:46 PM

Car Info: DGM BRZ
Originally Posted by Guillermo
Exactly! Who the hell wants to be stopped 5-6 times a day and asked for legal documentation? I would file a law suit for racial profiling, harassment and also just a complete waste of my time. If I got stuff to do, and these idiots implemented a law, such as the Arizona law, and I'm constantly being questioned, I'd be pissed. Now you can go on and say you wouldn't mind, but when it comes down to it, I'm sure you would think it is not such a great idea. I'm Mexican, I look Mexican, and if I visit Arizona, I wanna enjoy my stay, not have to deal with these idiot cops pulling me over constantly for "looking" Mexican.

Like I said, if an illegal immigrant commits some sort of felony, or serious misdemeanor, then yeah, send them back. They deserve to be sent back anyway.
Right, but say there is a checkpoint and you are a citizen, but don't have legal documentation on you? Then you have to be held up for hours, possibly days to prove your citizenship. You get held by immigration and they go through the database to find out who you are and what have you. They are going to ask you questions upon questions. I understand it's not gonna be an everyday thing, but I can already smell the racial profiling and abuse of power by the cops.
Right, so why don't they have an open announcement to help these people become legal citizens? If it's so easy, then they should publicly announce it and give them a fair window of opportunity to do so before they are sent back, right? You go on and on about illegal citizens needing to become legal, then why don't they provide a large scale citizenship campaign? It would provide jobs, help the illegal immigrants learn the countries history, good and bad, and "fix" the unnecessary costs. Then, all the U.S. would have to do is get rid of the lazy people abusing the unemployment and welfare checks.
Originally Posted by SomethingClassy
Who they ask for information will be entirely at their discretion and what's to prevent an officer from repeatedly exercising poor judgment. There is no quantifiable grounds for this law.
Given that what you say is true, and the law enforcers of Arizona don't abuse their power, which I'm sure they will find a way to do so, then that is fine. I don't argue that people who are here illegally and committing serious crimes should be sent back, but it's not gonna flow as optimistically as people are assuming. It's gonna be a bit more of a hassle for people on a daily basis, and the cops/law enforcement agencies WILL use poor judgement or find any small and extremely minor reason to pull someone over. ie: Not using turn signal, not using crosswalk, arguably speeding, etc. etc.
This is the argument. The "****-ism" you are referring to is page 1. Not our argument. Read through this and you will understand what we mean.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:50 PM

Car Info: DGM BRZ
I dont know how you guys are comparing someone who was busted for a DUI or drug deal or rape and asking for their papers is somehow tied to ****'ism. Liberals are insane for thinking this is somehow tied to Hitler.

A brown guy gets busted for some crap, and the police officer asks him for his citizenship papers and that's somehow NAZIism? Nuts, absolutely nuts.

Again, this is stating IF SOMEONE IS BUSTED DOING SOMETHING. It could be black,white,yellow,red,AND brown. And if it so happens that the person is BROWN and busted doing something. They're going to ask for papers. HOW IS THAT ****-ism. Can one of the mental illness liberals tell me how asking for papers is ****-ism? You dont belong in the country, we boot ya out. It isn't a "Are you a german or a jew? Well if you're a jew we're going to put you in an internment camp and fry your asses with acid"

Seriously, there is no other argument here. I still dont understand your case against the law. Again, it has to do with SOMEONE BREAKING THE LAW first, if you're brown, then the papers 2nd. IF you have 'em, great we'll jail you. If you don't. I dont want to see you guys getting free education, free healthcare, free welfare, free anything. You blood sucking *******s. Go get your papers and do some real work and DONT GET BUSTED FOR DUI/RAPE/KIDNAPPING/MURDER!
Also, why are you directing the argument at us? This has turned from a debate to an attack dude. We are not referring to you, as AZ, so don't refer to "us," as the illegal immigrants and "Blood sucking ******s." Quit being a douche and control yourself. And for your information, I do have papers, I do real work, and I do not commit crimes... except for the rare speeding (10-15mph over on the freeway).
Old 04-28-2010, 03:53 PM

Car Info: Honda with a wing =P
I'm Cambodian, and I personally know of Cambodian people who've committed crimes and because they weren't legal citizens they were deported. The way I see it, if you are in this country illegally and commit a crime, your *** is back to you country, where ever that is.

Last edited by sammae01; 04-28-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:10 PM

Car Info: Wing
Easy dudes, no need to argue about this. If someone gets arrested and the police enforced immigration law than there is no issue. If they are going around asking people for papers then you have a case.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:04 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!

Take a chill pill.

All I'm getting at is this; if I were to get caught doing something criminally suspicious and I don't have my wallet on me, chances are they're not going to waste time demanding my social and my birth certificate. I'll give them my name and probably get away with a warning provided I cooperate.

If I were a brown skinned, have an accent, and didn't have my wallet on me, let's just say I'm not going to be getting off with a warning.

If I'm not operating a motor vehicle, I shouldn't have to be carrying around my id everywhere I go.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:49 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
This is funny.

Anyone know where San Rafael is? More importantly, the Canal area? I grew up there. Going back to 1979 now. It was a really nice area to live. A very racially mixed population. Mostly first generation immigrants. The streets were clean, people were very neighborly, it was a great place to grow up. I never once felt uncomfortable walking to Pickleweed Park with my friends or walking to Bahia Vista school every day from Novato street. Now to my point. Racial profiling or not, something has got to be done to prevent what happened to the Canal area from happening anywhere else in this country.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:37 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Originally Posted by Chrisnonstop
Anyone know where San Rafael is? More importantly, the Canal area? I grew up there. Going back to 1979 now. It was a really nice area to live. A very racially mixed population. Mostly first generation immigrants. The streets were clean, people were very neighborly, it was a great place to grow up. I never once felt uncomfortable walking to Pickleweed Park with my friends or walking to Bahia Vista school every day from Novato street. Now to my point. Racial profiling or not, something has got to be done to prevent what happened to the Canal area from happening anywhere else in this country.
Yeah canal is crap now, totally over ran.

I dont see a problem with the law either. I do see the aspect of certain things getting more expensive i.e. veggies, fruits, houses, things liek that reason being if you pay someone more to pick produce or pay someone $25 an hour vs $10-15, the cost of a home or remodel will go up too.

But we will save tons of money paying for all these programs supporting people who arent even paying in because they dont pay taxes because they dont have a social. And I know a lot of people are focusing this as a hispanic thing because that is a majority but i dont give a damn if it were 35,000,000 Frenchies. If you arnt supposed to be here, go home and try to come back in a legal manner.

As far as this turning into a genocide, or resembling the **** movement. Like was said we arent killin them, just senidng them back. In Germany I dont think everyone else was behind the Germans except the Germans.

With this one you have White, Black, Legal Hispanic, Middle Eastern, Asian, etc. all backing this one up. That doesnt sound like racism to me when all those folks are supporting the same ideal.