i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Teh Politics Forum (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/)
-   -   I support Arizona's Law... and I absolutely don't understand the argument against it. (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/i-support-arizonas-law-i-absolutely-dont-understand-argument-against-218643/)

iLoqin 04-27-2010 05:31 PM

I support Arizona's Law... and I absolutely don't understand the argument against it.

Huge political backlash, but seriously if the government was asked multiple times to intervene and EXERCISE the current laws, then Arizona wouldn't have a problem. This should have been done 20-30 years ago, but it's finally gotten to the point where the kidnapping rates and the rest has skyrocketed in Arizona and they have to act.

Something like this has been exercised plenty of times in our nations history and has been found constitutional ALL the time. This laws obeys the constitution.

This has absolutely 0% to do with racial discrimination. Anyone want to enlighten me on the other side of the argument? Cuz seriously, if the other side of the argument is "open borders" you have no economic sense of the bankruptcy our country is already in, giving healthcare and social security to all of these immigrants.

If our current system ISN'T sustainable, wait til Obamacare rolls through and immigrants are covered, then we're REALLY screwed.

04caliwrx 04-27-2010 05:42 PM

I also don't see the problem, most of the Mexicans at Home Depot should not be in this country in the first place.... so why is it a problem to send them back home? It has to do with are tax money going to the kids they have in this country and the medical bills they rack up when they get hurt and we have to pay for it. nothing with it is racial it at all!

VRT MBasile 04-27-2010 05:50 PM

It has hints of this...

[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/MBasile/jewish.jpg[/IMG]

SR20steve 04-27-2010 06:06 PM

[QUOTE=VRT MBasile;2862367]It has hints of this...

[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/MBasile/jewish.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Were just gonna deport them, were not gonna put them in a oven or in a acid shower, Lolz:joker:

iLoqin 04-27-2010 06:52 PM

Hitler isn't close to what it resembles. I like how the media and seems like you are portraying this to be some racial barrier. I again site that this is 100% CONSTITUTIONAL. Show me another way of fixing the problem in Arizona. They can't sit back any longer with all these kidnappings and violence on the rise.

This has nothing to do with question all brown people and throwing them back.

In history this has happened, and we used to require at least a questionnaire of 20-30 questions and had doctors check them out. This has happened in New York when the Irish, etc were flooding over.

The law stands as it is, this isn't an imprisonment or rights being violated. This is claiming our country.

What is the argument besides "racial" crap, cuz seriously in that very law there are things against racial profiling and injustice just to create it as explanatory for the idiots to read.

Superglue WRX 04-27-2010 10:21 PM

[QUOTE=iLoqin;2862403]
What is the argument besides "racial" crap, cuz seriously in that very law there are things against racial profiling and injustice just to create it as explanatory for the idiots to read.[/QUOTE]

How do you enforce this law w/o racial profiling?

04caliwrx 04-27-2010 10:30 PM

^ you can't..... it's like saying the black guy in Oakland killed someone, so when the description goes out and they say a African American in a blue car. Who the cops gonna pull over? all black guys in a car that fits the description

Guillermo 04-27-2010 10:38 PM

Exactly, and racial profiling is against the law correct? So it wouldn't be possible to execute this law completely without having to break the law, or without fuucking up everyone else's day. Every person would have to be checked for their legal status in the U.S. Plus, there are illegal immigrants that do pay taxes, and cannot get that money back from the gov't because they don't have papers proving legal status. So all the sales tax and tax from their checks stays with the gov't. They can't claim it.

Choku Dori 04-27-2010 10:39 PM

Does anybody have a link to the full text of the law or at least a detailed summary of it? It's hard to wade through all the biased and off-topic media coverage on both sides to get the letter of the law itself.

EDIT: Never mind, found it myself, need to read it now. Here it is for anyone interested in getting it from the proverbial horse's mouth
[url]http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf[/url]

Prior to reading the law and analyzing it, I'm currently honestly sitting on the fence. On its face, I like that it's stepping up the game on suppression of illegal immigration at a time when our country is in economic hard times, but I'm curious as to the scope of the law -- in other words, to what extent can it go beyond just the idea of racial profiling against non-American born Latinos, and could the law perhaps be misused/abused to make the lives of American-born Latinos more difficult. Just some pontification without having seen the text of the law itself, so don't jump on me just yet :D

ruehl 04-27-2010 11:11 PM

[QUOTE=Guillermo;2862546]Exactly, and racial profiling is against the law correct? So it wouldn't be possible to execute this law completely without having to break the law, or without fuucking up everyone else's day. Every person would have to be checked for their legal status in the U.S. Plus, there are illegal immigrants that do pay taxes, and cannot get that money back from the gov't because they don't have papers proving legal status. So all the sales tax and tax from their checks stays with the gov't. They can't claim it.[/QUOTE]

they shouldn't get "checks" if they are illegal since its illegal to hire people who are not citizens and who do not have documentation saying they can work in the U.S. If they are getting checks, that means they are being paid under the table or using fake information to get hired in the first place so why should they get their money back? Also, if you calculate the cost illegal immigration has on the county as a whole, not just the government, it would outweigh drastically what illegal immigrants pay in taxes.

I just find it ridiculous people are having such a ***** fit over this. Of course its going target Hispanics, since the only boarder where illegal immigration is a problem is on a boarder with a county that is predominantly Hispanic.

Also, its is not that hard to immigrant legally into the U.S. Especially when you compare it to other countries and if you look at the benefits illegal immigrants have in our country compared to other countries.

Guillermo 04-27-2010 11:39 PM

That is true, but they are hired, and they do get pay checks, and they WORK for it. It's not like they are receiving this money from the gov't just because they want to. I understand that there are illegal immigrants that do hurt the economy, abduct children, and bring drugs over, but it's not just illegal immigrants. There are people from all over that are doing this. They are feeding off the black market, and it's how they make their money. There are people of all ethnic backgrounds bumming off the gov't, getting a paycheck for not doing shiit. What we should do instead, is kick all of them out right, since the cost of maintaining those lazy people definitely outweighs the benefits of having them here. I know people, and have family, that are illegal immigrants and work harder than most, and EARN their money. They don't get a welfare check because they aren't legal. They WORK HARD for their money. It's a damn shame that the people who are born here are lazy and refuse to complete their education, then we get this "they take all our jobs" bull****. They don't "take" jobs away. They "DO" jobs that others (legal U.S. Citizens) are hesitant, unwilling, or just too lazy to do, because it is "dirty."

I'm against this racial profiling nonsense. I could understand handing someone over to U.S. Immigration if that person or persons have been in a fight, violent act against another, or doing something that is a serious offense. But deporting someone who is simply going to work to pay for what they need, and to try to provide their children with a better future? I'm sorry, but that is just idiotic.

Guillermo 04-27-2010 11:43 PM

And also, why wouldn't they have a fit? If it's a law that is targeting a specific group of people, of course they are going to have a fit. I don't see who wouldn't have a fit if they were being specifically targeted and stripped of their dreams and efforts to live a better life.

ruehl 04-27-2010 11:56 PM

I agree that way to many people do nothing and bum off the government, i grew up in a county with extreme unemployment and went to school with kids who parents used their welfare check on meth, coke, etc and never helped their kids. But illegals who get a pay check can easily claim 10 and pay nothing in taxes. I agree SOME work hard and do jobs others don't want to do but they should/need to become legal. It doesn't matter what color you are you can be ****ing rainbow but if you are here illegally when you can become legal you need to leave and if you get picked up by immigration it is your fault no one else. Latin American countries do not provide its citizens with too many opportunities but that is life that is how it is and honestly it could be worse. There is nothing you can do about it and we are all lucky to be citizens of a rich western country. We just shouldn't have to support people who are too lazy to come to this country legally. Since we have enough lazy good for nothing people as it stands now.

ruehl 04-28-2010 12:03 AM

[QUOTE=Guillermo;2862603]And also, why wouldn't they have a fit? If it's a law that is targeting a specific group of people, of course they are going to have a fit. I don't see who wouldn't have a fit if they were being specifically targeted and stripped of their dreams and efforts to live a better life.[/QUOTE]

They are having a fit since they only see it as a law that is hindering them and not the logic behind it. Is it our faults people of a similar background are immigrating illegally? No is it there's? No. But that is how law enforcement acts like this one work. It is an inconvenience to a few but overall the most logical thing to do. Its common sense. When i get questioned because i fit the profile I don't complain and ***** and moan because i'm being targeted since that is how it is, deal with it

Guillermo 04-28-2010 12:20 AM

They only see it as the most logical thing to do because the U.S. thinks it doesn't "need" these illegal immigrants, but as soon as **** hits the fan, like during the wars, they are begging for them to come over and agree to provide them with legal citizenship and then **** them in the ass and send them back. WWII.

And I am dealing with it. I'm doing just fine. It's in AZ, not in CA. That **** wouldn't fly here. There's just too many of us (illegal immigrants).

However, blaming a down economy on illegal immigrants, just because previous presidents have made stupid effing decisions is terrible. Debt from wars and these battles to restore another countries gov't is the problem, not illegal immigrants.