Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

"I am sure that in the coming years we will deploy them." -Putin

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 05:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
"I am sure that in the coming years we will deploy them." -Putin

What do you think about Putin's statement and the need to develop new-generation
nukes?

Possible Cold War among many different countries?

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/041117/1/3olc5.html

Russia to deploy new-generation nuclear weapons system: Putin

"We have not only conducted tests of the latest nuclear rocket systems," Putin told a meeting of the Armed Forces' leadership. "I am sure that in the coming years we will deploy them.

"Moreover, these will be things which do not exist and are unlikely to exist in other nuclear powers," he added.

Putin failed to specify what type of complex he was referring to, but Russia has been seeking to upgrade its nuclear arsenal after the United States announced plans in 2001 to deploy a missile defense shield in abrogation of its 1972 ABM Treaty with Moscow.

Washington argues its shield would be capable of defending the United States only from attacks from so-called "rogue states" and could not stand up to Russia's massive Soviet-era nuclear arsenal.

However Putin has since mentioned plans for Russia to also develop a similar system along with new types of intercontinental missiles that Moscow claims could penetrate any space shield put up by the United States.
I love how they use the United States as an example of Russia's capabilities. They almost make it seem like they're getting ready to nuke us.

Here's an idea... instead of creating more weapons that travel past Mars before doing a u-turn to Iran for detonation, why not create a defensive measure for them? A super-intercepting system that provides unlimited protection for attacks?

This whole plan sounds like an extension of Putin's *****...

Last edited by Salty; 11-17-2004 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
More chest thumping among leaders. Putin doesn't want to look weak infront of his people.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
I heard about this this morning on my war to work and they played the audio from the translater and this part is what is wierd "I am sure that in the coming years we will deploy them." wtf is that supposed to mean?
Old 11-17-2004, 06:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Originally Posted by Salty
What do you think about Putin's statement and the need to develop new-generation
nukes?

Possible Cold War among many different countries?

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/041117/1/3olc5.html

I love how they use the United States as an example of Russia's capabilities. They almost make it seem like they're getting ready to nuke us.

Here's an idea... instead of creating more weapons that travel past Mars before doing a u-turn to Iran for detonation, why not create a defensive measure for them? A super-intercepting system that provides unlimited protection for attacks?

This whole plan sounds like an extension of Putin's *****...
Yeah, obviousley they never got over it. DO you remember star wars? Wasn't that a program to intercept missles. Defenitely an extension to his wiener
http://www.fas.org/spp/starwars/program/nmd/

Last edited by VIBEELEVEN; 11-17-2004 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:18 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by Salty
This sounds like the Star Wars plan that Reagon (?) was all up on. Whatever happened to that? Was it feasibly impossible to build? We spend millions upon millions of dollars crash-testing Mars probes when we could build a true(er) defense dept
Old 11-18-2004, 10:27 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Originally Posted by dub2w
This sounds like the Star Wars plan that Reagon (?) was all up on. Whatever happened to that? Was it feasibly impossible to build? We spend millions upon millions of dollars crash-testing Mars probes when we could build a true(er) defense dept

Star wars system is a pipe dream...from what I understand it used giant [DrEvil/] laser beams[DrEvil/] attached to satalites to shoot down missiles. Possible? Yes Feasible/reliable? Hell no. But we do have ground to air anti missle missles that have been looking decent in tests...they run the tests out over the ocean by Santa Monica, I think JPL is doing it all...
Old 11-18-2004, 10:50 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Actually Boeing is testing a [dr.evil] laser beam [/dr.evil] that will be mounted on a 747 or the like and shoot down missiles. neato stuff!

http://www.boeing.com/defense-space/...abl/flash.html
Old 11-18-2004, 11:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
bush is pulling his puppets strings to make him do a little jig..

bush has allways had a hard on for starwars ****. Now he is just using a close alley as a puppet so that he can push his desires along to the american people..

Just imagine if a former enemy and now close alley had a technology that could bypass all of what we have built!!! ohh noeesss more money we need to give defense contractors!!!!! RESEARCH!!!!! we need it now lasers with wings!!!

im all for research actually.. just funny when you think about it..