Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Had to share

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 07:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Had to share

This is sometimes how it feels.

Old 01-04-2005, 07:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
So true.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:15 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Agreed. That's actually an understatement. Think about it.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
except for the "its too hard" crap. that is not the reason that "the left" does not want this war.

jason
Old 01-04-2005, 09:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Originally Posted by mmboost
except for the "its too hard" crap. that is not the reason that "the left" does not want this war.

jason
WW2 ?
Old 01-05-2005, 07:25 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by mmboost

jason
That's not what I said. I said that sometimes that's how it feels. My comment was wrt the lack of support.

I have no idea, nor do I really care...although I'm open to listening if it's something earth-shattering, why liberals don't support the war. To be honest with you, I don't know if conservatives support the war. I don't care much who supports it; I just don't appreciate the lack of support.

Call me a blind follower if you like, but I feel that what our objective is is right. Maybe not packaged properly nor are we sometimes going the correct way about it, but unfortunately even the most influential people in the world are still human.

I know as I right this, that there is no way at all that I could convince you or anyone who doesn't support the war to my way of thinking, so I wouldn't even try.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:31 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
That's not what I said. I said that sometimes that's how it feels. My comment was wrt the lack of support.
Thats great, Then why post the cartoon? The Cartoon you showed says that the left doesnt like the war because its too hard. The reason the left doesn't support the war is because it is based on faulty intelligence, it was pre-emptive, and is arguably an unwinable quagmire not unlike vietnam. Not because its too hard or too hot or too sandy, but nice try. In no way does it resemble WW2, not even in the slightest bit - so this cartoon relates to absolutely nothing, its poorly drawn propaganda and you poor suckers swallowed it up. Good goin guys.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:41 AM
VIP Member

Name one war in which the left supported.

It's one thing to have poor intelligence like that of the WMD but it's another to cling to that premise like a cat out of water. There's quite a few reasons that outweigh said premise but people, such as the left, continue to dwell on things that no longer matter to make this war a potential success.

There is a chance to liberate Iraq because most people on the left openly admit that the WOT cannot be won yet believe that OIF is not a terrorist battle. Although it seems like there's a strong correlation with Vietnam at times, the fact is that this war can be won. Instead the left likes to drag their feet in the sand like a child that's been punished just so they can stress something they learned in a political science class -or- point the finger at their political foe.

Moderate Republicans (me) of this country are not stupid and either are some on the far right (I don't much care from them though)... we know the risks involved and know that the odds may be against us in Iraq. But it only hurts the cause more when you don't support it. Even if most of the left pretended to support the occupation of Iraq, the morale of the men and women in uniform would double as a major force multiplier. But nope! They'll just sit in the boat and refuse to grab an paddle even if there's a blizzard coming within the hour.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:57 AM

I don't recall a large anti-war movement in any war other than the middle east and vietnam. Both wars that didn't need to be fought. hmmmm. I know we've been in more wars.

I could be wrong though.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:02 AM

Although it seems like there's a strong correlation with Vietnam at times, the fact is that this war can be won.
Well, the main correllation is in that we are not fighting an army - there are no standardized uniforms, vehicles, flags - nothing - not even a country we can bomb. We don't know who is the enemy, and there are no rules. How can we possibly win? What constitutes a realistic victory?

I do agree that while the billigerent right got us into the war, the whiny left needs to buck up and at least help clean up the mess.

Last edited by constellation; 01-05-2005 at 10:05 AM.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:48 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Originally Posted by Salty
Every actuall war this country's been in. If you're asking about military actions and police actions, however, I can't think of any the left does or has supported. We haven't declared war in decades...since WWII I think.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:58 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by constellation
I don't recall a large anti-war movement in any war other than the middle east and vietnam. Both wars that didn't need to be fought. hmmmm. I know we've been in more wars.

I could be wrong though.
That's because leftist influence and thinking got a foot in the door during Vietnam. This is when a lot of bonafide Democrats became Republican just because they were tired with the direction their party was going. This happened with both my Grandfathers and people like Reagan that were once registered Democrats.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:00 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MVWRX
Every actuall war this country's been in. If you're asking about military actions and police actions, however, I can't think of any the left does or has supported. We haven't declared war in decades...since WWII I think.
Then name one instance when American Forces held weapons that the left supported.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:00 AM
VIP Member

The Global War on Terrorism and Operation Iraqi Freedom, as well as Operation Desert Shield/Storm were all passed by congress.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:05 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by constellation
What constitutes a realistic victory?
In the case of OIF: a stable infrastructure, economy and way of life perhaps. An occasional carbomb, although very tragic and unfortunate, will not deter this from happening.

Quick Reply: Had to share