Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

George Bush Hates Kids.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 08:26 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
George Bush Hates Kids.

Bush vetoes bill on children's health care

Originally Posted by Article
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President George W. Bush on Wednesday vetoed a measure to expand a popular children's health care program, launching the first in a series of major battles with Democrats over domestic spending.

The legislation would have provided an extra $35 billion over five years for the health program, which is administered by the states. Taxes on tobacco products would have been raised to pay for the increase.

The health bill enjoyed bipartisan support. The veto is likely to anger a number in Bush's own Republican Party who fear the issue will cost them votes in the congressional and presidential elections.

Supporters of the bill said it would have helped provide health coverage for some 10 million children.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:25 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
What a dumb *** move. It's getting to the point where the only things that are discussed in the Oval Office are corporate Americas success and the wars going on. Pretty pathetic. Coming from a soldier it sickens me to see our own citizens suffering because wars are being fought elsehwhere.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:07 AM

Car Info: Sline
I second that, Ireg. Hopefully this comes back to the house and is passed unanimously.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 RS, Subrosa Letum
I could be misunderstanding the measure but this sounds like a welfare program. There is no incentive to work hard and pay for healthcare for your children if the state offers it for free. Also, we all know what government run healthcare has to offer; crap. The benefit of having private healthcare is that it promotes competition. Competition precipitates improvement.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:56 PM

Car Info: 2004 Forester XT
So HAPPY that Failed. Just another Welfare program. Go Bush
Old 10-05-2007, 07:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Welfare or not I can't imagine that providing healthcare for children could ever be a bad thing......
Old 10-05-2007, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
Welfare or not I can't imagine that providing healthcare for children could ever be a bad thing......
I agree, something for kids has to be better than nothing. A childs health shouldn't become a victim of lazy, good-for-nothing parents so giving them an out seems considerate. As far as their parents are concerned, go get a damn job you lazy sack of crap.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:59 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
I agree, something for kids has to be better than nothing. A childs health shouldn't become a victim of lazy, good-for-nothing parents so giving them an out seems considerate. As far as their parents are concerned, go get a damn job you lazy sack of crap.
Exactly....I would gladly pay more taxes if it meant more children had healthcare.

I would expect most rational thinking americans would agree.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:01 AM

Car Info: '05 Impreza Outback Sport ~ "WTF! Two-Toned?"
Red face

There are a lot of VERY hardworking middle class people who cannot afford proper health and medical care for their children. Their inability to pay for expensive treatment and to get proper care for their children forces them to make this serious decision based on what they have in their wallet? Don't the children at least in this country deserve to be protected?
Old 10-05-2007, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by NW OBS
There are a lot of VERY hardworking middle class people who cannot afford proper health and medical care for their children. Their inability to pay for expensive treatment and to get proper care for their children forces them to make this serious decision based on what they have in their wallet? Don't the children at least in this country deserve to be protected?
Couldn't agree more. I know my tax dollars go to some really useless **** I never use so I could absolutely tolerate seeing some of that money (or even some more) go to kids in a tough spot. To see a child as a victim of the system in one of the prosperous country on earth is criminal. We've got people sending millions of dollars to Darfur, Global War on Terror victims, tsunami victims etc... and we've got kids in our own country suffering. Unbelieveable.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:16 AM

Car Info: '05 Impreza Outback Sport ~ "WTF! Two-Toned?"
Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
Couldn't agree more. I know my tax dollars go to some really useless **** I never use so I could absolutely tolerate seeing some of that money (or even some more) go to kids in a tough spot. To see a child as a victim of the system in one of the prosperous country on earth is criminal. We've got people sending millions of dollars to Darfur, Global War on Terror victims, tsunami victims etc... and we've got kids in our own country suffering. Unbelieveable.
Yes, welfare abroad seems OK. But, in our own backyard... God forbid!
Old 10-05-2007, 08:18 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
There was so much crap tagged to this bill. If the dems want to pass a legit bill they need to cut the crap out. "For the children" yeah some of that money may have enevtually made it's way to a child much of it would have been chewed up by folks that are well above the poverty line.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:42 AM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by ipozestu
There was so much crap tagged to this bill. If the dems want to pass a legit bill they need to cut the crap out. "For the children" yeah some of that money may have enevtually made it's way to a child much of it would have been chewed up by folks that are well above the poverty line.
Oh reaalllllllllly?! Gotta love the sneakiness.